• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

DEATH™

Speaking of Mishimas, People said Kaz f+1+2, EWGF is possible. Hard, but possible. So basically, Kaz has a i12 launching punisher now...

Horrifying...

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Welcome!

Feel free to go through the OP for advice on how to play :)

Playing even one Mishima competently is a major accomplishment. If you can play 2, You are a deity at this game. Even I can't handle playing 2 Mishima's at once, my execution isn't as sound! If there's any characters that will get you hatemail, it's Lars/Leo :p

Well i've been a kaz player since t2, and im a character loyaltist. My main team is really just my two tekken mains lol. Not the most thoughtful way to go about things. Outside of EWGF's i don't really feel playing mishimas is as hard as people are making them out to be, especially heihachi who doesnt really need EWGF's as much as kaz. I feel dirty just thinking about that team. At least with Miguel i feel like im doing work since im still learning him.

AAK

DEATH™;43870208 said:
Speaking of Mishimas, People said Kaz f+1+2, EWGF is possible. Hard, but possible. So basically, Kaz has a i12 launching punisher now...

Horrifying...

He had that in T6 too! Only Crazy Dongpal could ever do it. I didn't even see Mishimastar or Main Street Ryu 2nd attempt it.

Well i've been a kaz player since t2, and im a character loyaltist. My main team is really just my two tekken mains lol. Not the most thoughtful way to go about things. Outside of EWGF's i don't really feel playing mishimas is as hard as people are making them out to be, especially heihachi who doesnt really need EWGF's as much as kaz. I feel dirty just thinking about that team. At least with Miguel i feel like im doing work since im still learning him.

A Mishima without an electric is like a Shoto without a fireball! :p

Sayah

When do you guys usually play? I wanna get in on some of this action.

Characters I use:
Nina
Anna
Jinpachi
Ancient Ogre
Angel
Hwoarang
Yoshimitsu
Alisa
Lili/Sebastian
Zafina
Xiaoyu
King

We have lobbies going throughout the week. Join anytime.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
He had that in T6 too! Only Crazy Dongpal could ever do it. I didn't even see Mishimastar or Main Street Ryu 2nd attempt it.

A Mishima without an electric is like a Shoto without a fireball! :p

Yep. Cept i dont think its as essential to TT2 heihachi as it is for kaz. You can have mediocre execution and do well with heihachi imo. With kaz df+2 fishing becomes much less terrifying if you know the other guy cant do electrics.

AAK

These are my characters by rank:

Marauder: Hwoarang, Armor King, Julia
Grand Master: Devil Jin, Christie
Master: Jun*, Anna*
Mentor: Kazuya, Heihachi
Disciple: Kunimitsu*, Zafina*
3rd Dan: Angel, Michelle, Lili*,

*Don't legitimately play the characters, just abused some throws and lows :p

Sayah

On the topic of FPS's... only ones I can think of that I finished were Killzone 2 and the Bioshock games.... but just played it to kill time. Like turn based RPG's, I just dont' have a passion for them. Bioshock Infinite looks pretty cool though.

AAK, you have to play Valkyria Chronicles and Dark Souls. They are both worth it.

VC is turn-based but definitely not in the traditional sense.

AAK

I actually put 40 hours into Demons souls....When I heard it was an RPG that had real time action I was interested. But in the end I wasn't satisfied with the level of control. And the whole soul all being lost mechanic unless you can retrieve it without dying honestly felt like a waste of time when I lost it all. Especially when my death came from falling off a ledge that was as narrow as a flanged bookshelf! LOL. I'll just say it wasn't for me but I can see the appeal. Dark Souls is apparently Demon's souls x2 so I guess I'll just pass on it for now.

As for VC.... let's just say I could never win even a single game of chess in my life... I don't see myself doing to well in this game at all. I'm a very frontal and spontaneous type of person. Anything that requires a lot of preplanning and strategy I'm bound to fail at (Maybe you noticed this from my Tekken playstyle ^_^) I always go gungho with all my artillery right at the beginning of the fight!

I guess that's why I'm attached to Tekken as a fighting game the most out of every other. Only in Tekken (and the other 3D fighters) do you have every single mechanic and every single move available to you in your arsenal from the word go! No need to get hit for that ultra, no need to build meter for that super, or have some gauge fill to get a stun. That's how I roll :)

But thanks for the recommendations :)

Dariso

Neo Member
Question, so with the WiiU version releasing on the 18th, and apparently with all the DLC characters(including preorder ones) playable, one would think namco would also unlock them around that date for the PS3 and 360 versions.
But i think i read that the preorder characters wouldn't be unlocked till around december. I mean i know they are free, but don't know what to think about WiiU version having them all unlocked, and still making us wait more time to get them.

Sayah

Stream over already?

Watching right now. Seems like a house Tekken party.

Question, so with the WiiU version releasing on the 18th, and apparently with all the DLC characters(including preorder ones) playable, one would think namco would also unlock them around that date for the PS3 and 360 versions.
But i think i read that the preorder characters wouldn't be unlocked till around december. I mean i know they are free, but don't know what to think about WiiU version having them all unlocked, and still making us wait more time to get them.

I think Markman said we would get them earlier.

DEATH™

Hey guys, will the whole MLG Tekken tournament be archived? where will it stream?

And we're so screwed, there's asians in the tourneys ;P

I'm trying to use more characters, but I am weary about taking majority of them online since 80% of the people that play this game are so good.

My mains are Nina and Anna, but I also like to use:

Miguel
Jin
Paul
Jun
Asuka
Jaycee
King
Law
Michelle
Zafina
Lili
Eddy/Christie

Technically, I can pretty much use every character in the game, but those are the ones I actually know a decent amount of moves with lol.

Hey, what is the name of the room you guys be in?

Hitting a brick wall here. Been doing terrible lately and to top things off when I actually do do well and land a launcher my controller fails me and its just sucks the life right out of me. The dpad and face buttons are on life support and the doctor is just seconds away from pulling the plug. Plus my hands are killing me, pretty sure I have a severe case of carpal tunnel in my right hand. With that said I'm still not gonna stop trying to knock em down, cause I need dat.

LowParry

I'm trying to use more characters, but I am weary about taking majority of them online since 80% of the people that play this game are so good.

My mains are Nina and Anna, but I also like to use:

Miguel
Jin
Paul
Jun
Asuka
Jaycee
King
Law
Michelle
Zafina
Lili
Eddy/Christie

Technically, I can pretty much use every character in the game, but those are the ones I actually know a decent amount of moves with lol.

Hey, what is the name of the room you guys be in?

I was going this route and it was really starting to drain my enjoyment of the game. Just pick a small handful of characters and just go with them. But! Knowing how characters work isn't a bad thing at all as it will give you a good general idea of what to avoid and punish.

Hmmm never put much thought into it but looking at the mods in the viewer list, I'm assuming ZTS would be the only guy to hate my guts lol.

Don't worry though, I'm fine chilling in the Tekken and Capcom IRC channels. :)

AAK

Tom Brady is right about something... Tekken Zaibatsu really doesn't have the soul it had back in Tekken 5 days. I didn't know about it earlier than that, but apparently it was even crazier in the Tag1 + T4 days, I guess MarkMan would be qualified to speak on that.

In the end I believe the reason MK and SF are getting better numbers than Tekken is because we have honestly been spoiled by Namco. The SF and MK community were starved from third strike and UMK3 till recently when they got their resurgence. However, the Tekken community has been consistently getting fulfilled by a Tekken release every 4 years at least. I guess people don't have that insatiable hunger to play :(

I guess it's safe to say that if we need an SFIV like explosion, we just need a good number of years between each iteration. I hope TxSF does this where both games co-exist and TTT2 stays in the scene for many many years before finally the T7 explosion :)

Also... WOW @ SAINT

Jubs

ROFL Tom going hype at the Rip/Saint match

I've never seen Saint play, but his Gan/Bob is mindblowing, even when he was trolling half the time.

Tom Brady is right about something... Tekken Zaibatsu really doesn't have the soul it had back in Tekken 5 days. I didn't know about it earlier than that, but apparently it was even crazier in the Tag1 + T4 days, I guess MarkMan would be qualified to speak on that.

In the end I believe the reason MK and SF are getting better numbers than Tekken is because we have honestly been spoiled by Namco. The SF and MK community were starved from third strike and UMK3 till recently when they got their resurgence. However, the Tekken community has been consistently getting fulfilled by a Tekken release every 4 years at least. I guess people don't have that insatiable hunger to play :(

I guess it's safe to say that if we need an SFIV like explosion, we just need a good number of years between each iteration. I hope TxSF does this where both games co-exist and TTT2 stays in the scene for many many years before finally the T7 explosion :)

Also... WOW @ SAINT

MK is getting betters numbers because they knew waay ahead of time about MLG Dallas. I am not aware of any other tournament where they had higher numbers than Tekken.

Anyways, ranked has been nothing but a lagtastic lag fest tonight. Also I really can't wait for MLG tomorrow.

AAK

Does this game let you play without tag matches, or are tag matches mandatory?

By yourself? Yes. But if you play online or in ranked there is no filter. People on the World Arena sometimes post that they only want to fight someone 1v1 and that would be the best way to avoid playing tag matches.

Kokonoe

Banned
By yourself? Yes. But if you play online or in ranked there is no filter. People on the World Arena sometimes post that they only want to fight someone 1v1 and that would be the best way to avoid playing tag matches.

Thank you.

shiroryu

How did you get Ancient Ogre?

It's preorder DLC. There were two preorder DLC exclusives for different retailers, one with Ancient Ogre/Kunimitsu, the other with Angel/Michelle Chang. Though eventually everybody will get all four for free as DLC downloads.

Anyone online right now? Come join Africa Lobby 2 in World Arena (PSN) for a surprise. ;)

EDIT: It's over. Yuu was vsing people online in there. He got everyone to line up in the lobby on the right hand side of the screen lol.

Sayah

Also... WOW @ SAINT

You are correct. We are spoiled because we get the absolute best fan service that other fighting franchises lack. That's not even being biased. That's pretty much fact. And Tekken games have consistently been releasing and selling well rather than the series being "dead" or in need of a resurrection.

I'd imagine some people probably had their fill with Tekken. I also took a break from the series after Tekken 5 for some time. Never played DR. And then Tekken 6 came out and I ran like a wild dog.
Hitting a brick wall here. Been doing terrible lately and to top things off when I actually do do well and land a launcher my controller fails me and its just sucks the life right out of me. The dpad and face buttons are on life support and the doctor is just seconds away from pulling the plug. Plus my hands are killing me, pretty sure I have a severe case of carpal tunnel in my right hand. With that said I'm still not gonna stop trying to knock em down, cause I need dat.
STAY STRONG
Get a new controller man.

AAK

I also realized that failing to win a promotion match lowers your rank more than losing a regular match.

I had Hwoarang, Julia, and Armor King as Fighter rank in that order. The next match I had a Julia/Hwoa match against another pair of fighter ranked players where I had a chance to move to Berserker with Hwoa... and then I lost. After that, my top 3 ranked players switched to Julia, Armor King, then Hwoarang. By the loss, but Julia and Hwoarang should have decreased by the same amount, but instead Hwoarang dropped below both Julia and Armor King. That's pretty interesting. Moral of the story: Don't lose your ranking battles! :p

Anyways, this is the stream for that ECWC championship thing in France with Nin and Knee in attendance. Don't know when Tekken starts but when it does I hope someone can post it up on this thread:

http://t.co/3oYotwqV

AAK

I think it starts at around 5 PM? I remember hearing Art say that on the House of Goons stream yesterday. Dunno if it's EST or PST. Either way for sure nothing is going to happen within the next 2 hours.

Top Bottom