• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Doomshine

Played for the first time with the new patch. Maybe I just got lucky, but the game seemed to find matches really fast. I could barely practice one combo before it found another opponent for me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
A little pass that is fine by me. Gives me time to take a nice long bath and stuff. Been a crazy day. Plus I'll be working on overlays and flashy things.

DEATH™

I think TTT2 has made me a fan despite a lot reviews saying it was mostly for the hardcore tekken crowd. I mainly decided to purchase it to
support harada dlc policies and obviously because i like fighting games, even though i had never played a tekken game before.
Coming from V5FS, the change was tough, but those ghost battles got damn addicting. Still haven't played online though lol.

Sorry if this will sound like heresy to long time fans here, but i wonder if there had been a way to implement the tag crash
as a combo breaker. I don't know ,maybe by having a "tag breaker" bar, so you can only used it once or twice at most per round, but as a noob here playing
on ultra hard, a single mistake can cost you a lot.

Harada considered just that when TTT2 is on beta, especially TA! Combos at the wall does ridiculous damge and ridiculous oki afterwards. The players hated the idea since many characters deserve the launch they get. The problem too is that they are considering it to be one per match only, and even if it wasn't it's not gonna help newbies since the better player will still gonna get his launchers. In the end, that combo breaker became tag crash...

PS happy halloween guys!

Sayah

I need some advice.. Steve/Miguel..or kaz/Miguel?

If you need combos with Kaz/Miguel, here are a few quick ones I just tried out. I'm sure you can do a lot more damaging ones when you experiment on your own.
And in case you're not familiar with Tekken notations like me some months ago.

1 = square
2 = triangle
3 = X
4 = circle

u = up
d= down
b = back
f = forward

u/f = up/forward
d/f = down/forward
etc.

Combo 1:
1. Kazuya: u/b+1+2 (transforms into devil)
2. Kazuya in devil form: d/f+1, 2
3. Kazuya in devil form: 3, 1, 4
4. Kazuya in devil form: d/b+2 (press tag button right after this to bring out Miguel)
5. Miguel: Do either d/f+2,1 or f,f+2, 2
6. Kazuya in devil form: Do either u+1+2 or 1+2 or dragon punch motion [f,d,d/f] + 1 (hold up when it connects).

Combo 2:
1. Kazuya: WS 2 (WS means go to crouch and while you are rising from a crouch, press triangle).
2. Kazuya: 3, 1, 4
3. Kazuya: d/f+1, 1+2 - Press the tag button right after to bring out Miguel.
4. Miguel: f,f+2, 2.
5. Kazuya: dragon punch motion + 3 (hold d/f right after you do the motion to make sure the attack comes out)

Combo 3:
1. Miguel: Do either d/f+2,1 or u/f+4
2. Miguel: 1,2,4
3. Miguel: d/f+2,2 (press tag button right after to bring out Kazuya)
4. Kazuya in devil form: u+1+2
5. Miguel: f,f+2,2

hawt

Anybody here play Alisa/Lars or more specifically Lars? I having a lot of trouble with his part on this combo:

[Alisa] df+2, b+1, ws+1,2, f+1, b+4,3 TA! [Lars] f+3~db, iWS+2~f, SE 1, [Alisa] d+2,4

What I'm having the most trouble with is the iWS+2. Every time I try to do this it usually comes out as a standing 2. I'm guessing that I might be doing the input too fast, but at the same time, the window that I have to do everything is limited. Not too sure where to go from here since I haven't made any progress in the past few days. ):

I bought Tekken Tag, 4, 5 and 6's soundtracks. Gotta say, I'm really disappointed in Tekken 4's music. I'm not feeling any of them compared to the other 3. It's too bad, I heard really good things about this one. :(

CSX

If you need combos with Kaz/Miguel, here are a few quick ones I just tried out. I'm sure you can do a lot more damaging ones when you experiment on your own.
And in case you're not familiar with Tekken notations like me some months ago.

1 = square
2 = triangle
3 = X
4 = circle

u = up
d= down
b = back
f = forward

u/f = up/forward
d/f = down/forward
etc.

Combo 1:
1. Kazuya: u/b+1+2 (transforms into devil)
2. Kazuya in devil form: d/f+1, 2
3. Kazuya in devil form: 3, 1, 4
4. Kazuya in devil form: d/b+2 (press tag button right after this to bring out Miguel)
5. Miguel: Do either d/f+2,1 or f,f+2, 2
6. Kazuya in devil form: Do either u+1+2 or 1+2 or dragon punch motion [f,d,d/f] + 1 (hold up when it connects).

Combo 2:
1. Kazuya: WS 2 (WS means go to crouch and while you are rising from a crouch, press triangle).
2. Kazuya: 3, 1, 4
3. Kazuya: d/f+1, 1+2 - Press the tag button right after to bring out Miguel.
4. Miguel: f,f+2, 2.
5. Kazuya: dragon punch motion + 3 (hold d/f right after you do the motion to make sure the attack comes out)

Combo 3:
1. Miguel: Do either d/f+2,1 or u/f+4
2. Miguel: 1,2,4
3. Miguel: d/f+2,2 (press tag button right after to bring out Kazuya)
4. Kazuya in devil form: u+1+2
5. Miguel: f,f+2,2

Time to add some of my own :)

Note that in general, if kazuya is the one to end the combo, you want to cd3 (dragon punch motion+3) cuz its hella damage and gives off amazing wallcarry for an easy d/f+3,2,1 on wall.

So heres what i think would be the staple combo for kaz/miguel

Kaz : Launcher (EWGF, df+1,2 as Devil Kazuya, or ws+2)
Kaz : 3,1,4
Kaz : d/b+2 ~5 (~5 = press tag button immediately after the previous input)
Mig : 3+4 (enters his Savage stance)
Mig : 1,2,1
Kaz : cd3

and if Miguel is the one launching (This is probably not the staple combo but Miguel's regular combo does enough damage as it is :D )

Miguel : d/f+2,1 or u/f+4
Miguel : 1,2,4~f,f+2 ~5
Kaz : cd+4,1
Mig : fF+2,2 or f+2+3

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just show up to the stream chat whenever.

Basically I'll get you two in a lobby. When I say start, then it's okay to start. Otherwise, wait. First to ten, wager whatever. A month avatar bet is usually the norm. No character restrictions.

I have to test stream and stuff in the mean time.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Degen reminds me of the black guy in Pineapple express and Gian reminds me of Barry from RE. So I'm neutral.

Dariso

Neo Member
DEATH™;43828564 said:
Harada considered just that when TTT2 is on beta, especially TA! Combos at the wall does ridiculous damge and ridiculous oki afterwards. The players hated the idea since many characters deserve the launch they get. The problem too is that they are considering it to be one per match only, and even if it wasn't it's not gonna help newbies since the better player will still gonna get his launchers. In the end, that combo breaker became tag crash...

PS happy halloween guys!

Interesting didn't know that they were considering something like that. Maybe instead of being a one time only use, something like P4U where the burst "bar" or icon or something charges depending on your actions. This tag "breaker" could have work the same as tag crash bringing your partner to the field. I agree it shouldn't save noobs from better players but still it could give them a second chance from at least one mistake they made.
If they get launched again, well there's nothing to be done there but to receive the damage lol. But it still could save you at least one from getting destroyed with a TA wall combo. Well maybe they'll implement something like that for T7 although i'm not so sure how it would work in a non tag game.

Degen

*picks up mic*

*pant* as the new NeoGAF *pant* World Champion I would just-- hold on

*signs autograph*

I would just like to say a few-- *pant* a few words:

first of all I'd like to thank Kadey for streaming that 21st-century beatdown

mad respect to giancarlo123x for challenging Gaf's Finest unprovoked man what a trooper

Special thanks to TTT2gaf for getting me to this level because Ranked sure as hell didn't

I'd also like to thank King's ss3+4, Bryan's df3, and more than anyone else because everyone else BLEW IT, Secret Weapon and his db2 and also the unblockable that he ganked from Steve

and of course a few GTFO's

GTFO Professor Beef

GTFO NeoUltima

GTFO Edgeward

you all know what you goddamn did.

also GTFO Williams sisters (but not Sayah. we love you Sayah. stay killing us all)

thank you and goodnight *tosses mic backward*

Sayah

*picks up mic*

*pant* as the new NeoGAF *pant* World Champion I would just-- hold on

*signs autograph*

I would just like to say a few-- *pant* a few words:

first of all I'd like to thank Kadey for streaming that 21st-century beatdown

mad respect to giancarlo123x for challenging Gaf's Finest unprovoked man what a trooper

Special thanks to TTT2gaf for getting me to this level because Ranked sure as hell didn't

I'd also like to thank King's ss3+4, Bryan's df3, and more than anyone else because everyone else BLEW IT, Secret Weapon and his db2 and also the unblockable that he ganked from Steve

and of course a few GTFO's

GTFO Professor Beef

GTFO NeoUltima

GTFO Edgeward

you all know what you goddamn did.

also GTFO Williams sisters (but not Sayah. we love you Sayah. stay killing us all)

thank you and goodnight *tosses mic backward*

This post cracked me up. LOL
Good job Degen. All dat damage with Ogre.

Sayah

Fixed :p

Also, Damn, you're already Yellow rank Sayah!!?? Impossible!!

I was actually at Duelist and got myself demoted twice, lol. Not playing that well today and have been on an annoying losing streak in ranked.

I hate Ogre as much as I hate the damage that sideways dropkick that takes away half health with kick.

Head to practice and find ways to punish it. And thankfully, we have a killer practice mode now and it actually tells you on screen when you've punished something. We can also do online practice lobby gian if you'd like.

Head to practice and find ways to punish it. And thankfully, we have a killer practice mode now and it actually tells you on screen when you've punished something. We can also do online practice lobby gian if you'd like.

Sounds good. I've been playing mostly Marvel lately so I wasn't my best at all tonight.

Sayah

Damn, I need to sharpen up my skills. Possibly look into a new team besides the Williams sisters.

Sounds good. I've been playing mostly Marvel lately so I wasn't my best at all tonight.
I think I'll buy Ultimate when it hits $20.....which is probably on black Friday. Haven't played it in over a year but Trish is a character worth getting back into. Especially with all the delicious changes she had gotten from vanilla to ultimate.

Thanks for pushing my shit in tonight guys. Big wake up call. Time to put down Resident Evil 6. The only thing standing in my way of leveling up is Okami HD...

^ dat Trish <3 Dorm/Trish/Hawkeye= top tier team that no one knows about, aka my team.

LowParry

So after some tough practice times with some new characters, I've concluded that I just need to stop trying to learn more. lol

So as it stands of who I'll mix and match, Xiaoyu/Miharu, Kuni, Hwoar, Paul, and Jun/Unknown.

There are some characters I'm familiar from T6 (Leo, Drag, Mig) but rather just put them aside and keep my focus on who I have now. Now the real fun begins :D

Edit: Oh yeah, anyone going to be playing Halo 4?

Sayah

Thanks for pushing my shit in tonight guys. Big wake up call. Time to put down Resident Evil 6. The only thing standing in my way of leveling up is Okami HD...

^ dat Trish <3 Dorm/Trish/Hawkeye= top tier team that no one knows about, aka my team.

Yeah, ggs to you and AAK. I think Nina/Hwoarang work well as a team but my Hwoarang is complete garbage at this moment.

And yah, Trish is one of my favorite fighting game characters. Complete thrill to play with her. I used two teams including Trish/Magneto/Dante and Trish/She-Hulk/Tron back when I played. And then I stopped playing because Sentinel and Dark Phoenix are 20X worse than Bob and used more predominantly as well. Lack of balance, etc.

So after some tough practice times with some new characters, I've concluded that I just need to stop trying to learn more. lol

So as it stands of who I'll mix and match, Xiaoyu/Miharu, Kuni, Hwoar, Paul, and Jun/Unknown.

There are some characters I'm familiar from T6 (Leo, Drag, Mig) but rather just put them aside and keep my focus on who I have now. Now the real fun begins :D

Edit: Oh yeah, anyone going to be playing Halo 4?

Don't own a 360.
And I think the only FPS series I ever liked was Time Splitters, lol.

AAK

I'm never going to pass Green rank :(

Last night I fought this Feng player that just refused to push buttons and d/f+1 and d/b+3'd & backdash cancelled me to death.... I ended up fighting him 6 times consecutively.

My playstyle of going apeshit and overwhelming my opponent with offence just gets shut down the second someone knows how to use the tools in his/her moveset at the correct space. It's because of this playstyle I switched from Aking to Hwoarang as my main since AKing is meant to be played very conservatively and collectively.

In our sixth match I switch to AKing and won pretty convincingly since his cartwheel and capital punishment really torments good backdashers

On the topic of FPS's... only ones I can think of that I finished were Killzone 2 and the Bioshock games.... but just played it to kill time. Like turn based RPG's, I just dont' have a passion for them. Bioshock Infinite looks pretty cool though.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I say both. Never hurts to learn a few extra characters. That gives you a Steve/Mig/Kaz combo of choices right there. Out of the three though, Steve is probably the hardest to learn so if you get frustrated, fall back on Kaz/Mig.

I know steve and kaz, which is my primary team, just wanted to get some feedback on who would pair better with miguel, who im learning at the moment. I guess i'll just experiment once im more comfortable with him.

LowParry

I know steve and kaz, which is my primary team, just wanted to get some feedback on who would pair better with miguel, who im learning at the moment. I guess i'll just experiment once im more comfortable with him.

Honestly, pair up Kaz and Heihachi. The two dish out some big damage together.

Dereck

Last night was pretty lame, the moment AAK invited me I got a really important phone call that lasted for about an hour. It was annoying, I was able to beat AAK on the very first match and I noticed match after match I completely stopped looking at my health bar so I was just fighting like I had unlimited health or something. I haven't gotten to fight AAK like I've wanted to since the Tekken 6 days, we will get some better games in, also, devastator kicked my ass.

LowParry

That would be a really shameless team. I think i wouldnt be able to look at myself in the mirror after winning.

Oh come on. lol - it's such a beast team. You should see what Paul and Heihachi do with punish damage. Deathfist withi Paul and d/b+2 with Hei all day. :D

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Oh come on. lol - it's such a beast team. You should see what Paul and Heihachi do with punish damage. Deathfist withi Paul and d/b+2 with Hei all day. :D

I cant do it..not two mishimas lol. I've always been prone to hate mail, I dont even wanna think how many different euphemisms for gay would be clogging up my inbox.

AAK

Just bought this game!

I'll be posting more in this thread now, nice to meet you guys.

Welcome!

Feel free to go through the OP for advice on how to play :)

I cant do it..not two mishimas lol. I've always been prone to hate mail, I dont even wanna think how many different euphemisms for gay would be clogging up my inbox.

Playing even one Mishima competently is a major accomplishment. If you can play 2, You are a deity at this game. Even I can't handle playing 2 Mishima's at once, my execution isn't as sound! If there's any characters that will get you hatemail, it's Lars/Leo :p

Top Bottom