• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

AAK

Load times aren't really all that much better to be honest. Only thing that feels tangibly faster is the loading of customs when choosing preset tags. Oh well.

GrayFoxPL

Load times aren't really all that much better to be honest. Only thing that feels tangibly faster is the loading of customs when choosing preset tags. Oh well.

Well the game is mostly installed anyway. +10GB on digital are probably movies and music.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Is Tekken X SF still coming out? Seems like that game disappeared unless they were fully concentrating on TTT2.

Nothing stating that it has been canceled has been said. Harada did say that they've been focusing on TTT2. Maybe we'll get some information next year. I'd be surprised if the game gets released before 2014 though.

CSX

That's exactly what I do, which is cool. I have a problem doing it in the middle of a combo. For instance, Paul's deathfist is easy, but doing qcf in the middle of a Bryan combo I find hard, because if I do it wrong the entire combo drops.

Yeah, most of it is me moving my thumb too fast or too slow.

practice landing paul's deathfist on his low parry combo

(Low parry) df11 ; f1 (orf12) , deathfist

if you can land that then you're good

and what qcf move are you using for bryan's juggles?

his wall ender qcf 3,4 ?

Just played some TTT HD (from Tekken Hybrid disc)... Man that game still looks and plays beautiful to me. The HD resolution & widescreen sure help, but even the character models and stages hold up really well IMO.

Tekken has really easy quarter circle inputs. I hate them in all other fighters, but they work for me in this game.

Interesting. I think they are hardest to execute in Tekken in the heat of battle. I can do them better now when I really concentrate, but to me they do not flow out like they do in something like Street Fighter or DOA.

Focus on a few. 12 is too much, lol.

And yeah, now that Tag 2 is out of the way, they're focusing on TKXSF.

Lol, yeah, you are right. I'll try to cut it down to significantly. I can practically play most of the characters in the game, but some better than others obviously. I'm trying to find out who my best are and which teams are most compatible. So far, I think I'll stick with:

Miguel
Jaycee
King
Law
Jun
Jin

I just started using Feng and I am liking him also.

Sayah

Very interesting because I find qcf inputs easy in Tekken, lol.

Lol, yeah, you are right. I'll try to cut it down to significantly. I can practically play most of the characters in the game, but some better than others obviously. I'm trying to find out who my best are and which teams are most compatible. So far, I think I'll stick with:

Miguel
Jaycee
King
Law
Jun
Jin

I just started using Feng and I am liking him also.

Take out Jun and use Unknown. :p

Sayah

Good idea lol. She basically has the same move set and combos including those stalagmite things, right?

Unknown is just missing that 1+2 move Jun has which is very good on counter hit. But I've found her extra additions to be very useful in Tag assaults. Can take like 118 damage with simple combos.

Unknown is just missing that 1+2 move Jun has which is very good on counter hit. But I've found her extra additions to be very useful in Tag assaults. Can take like 118 damage with simple combos.

Nice. Thanks for the information. I'm going to experiment with her some more.

Sayah

I think fighting games are the only thing keeping me interested in gaming. I'm trying so many different single player games but I get bored and just go back to Tekken.

Nice. Thanks for the information. I'm going to experiment with her some more.

Since you're using Anna, here's a good damaging combo:

Unknown: d/f+1, 4 (tag)
Anna: d/f+3,2 - d/f - 1
Anna: f+3,2 (tag)
Unknown: b+2,1,2,2
Anna: Run up and do f,f+1+2

It takes probably 117 or 118 damage.

Okizeme, wake-up game, the art of beating up a grounded opponent.

EDIT: Tekken Card game?
Might be similar to Tekken Card Challenge.

I think fighting games are the only thing keeping me interested in gaming. I'm trying so many different single player games but I get bored and just go back to Tekken.

Since you're using Anna, here's a good damaging combo:

Unknown: d/f+1, 4 (tag)
Anna: d/f+3,2 - d/f - 1
Anna: f+3,2 (tag)
Unknown: b+2,1,2,2
Anna: Run up and do f,f+1+2

It takes probably 117 or 118 damage.

Might be similar to Tekken Card Challenge.

I really appreciate that. That looks like a lethal combo. Surely better than what I came up with lol. I will try that out ASAP. I am ashamed of how many hours I clocked into TTT2 already even though I have lots of new games to play. I can't stop playing and keep going back to it. I always find out something new.

Sayah

I really appreciate that. That looks like a lethal combo. Surely better than what I came up with lol. I will try that out ASAP. I am ashamed of how many hours I clocked into TTT2 already even though I have lots of new games to play. I can't stop playing and keep going back to it. I always find out something new.

That's really why I appreciate Tekken so much. Just when you think you've learned so much, all this other stuff just pops up out of nowhere. And you're continually developing your character and working on making him/her better. It's addictive. Especially in Tag 2 where you have so many team options. It's so damn crazy. I find this game as one of the best experiences in gaming history but I doubt most people will ever take the time to learn and play this seriously to realize that.

I just saw a Bryan/slim bob team cosplaying as Zoro/Sanji from One Piece #GOTY

I'm gonna start experimenting with decals soon and see what I can come up with. Maybe we won't need Nintendo costumes if we can make our own.

Degen

I think I'm gonna make a Sentinel alt for Jack-6 to go with my Hulk Ogre

they're the UMvC3 Nemesis/Hulk/Sentinel of the game anyway (edit:) and man do I miss that team...

AAK

GGs boutdown. I guess it would also be a good idea to watch more match vids and understand the properties of moves you see the pro's use and think about how you can apply them into your own game.

Dereck

GGs boutdown. I guess it would also be a good idea to watch more match vids and understand the properties of moves you see the pro's use and think about how you can apply them into your own game.
Yeah

You are hilarious to fight against, because whenever I think I have the upper hand you pull something out and I'm like "shit".

Alright seriously who the fuck is this Tarudingles guy.
http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/ps3/tarudingles

I've faced him 3 times and no doubt he is really good but I have to wonder if he uses a lag switch or something to give him an advantage. Matches are smooth and lag free but almost nothing of mines hits him and everything he does hits me. Just look at his matches he barely loses a round. Unless he's japanese, korean, or Mr. Naps in disguise I gotta call something fishy. Sorry for the rant but the salt is strong with me right now.

Dereck

Alright seriously who the fuck is this Tarudingles guy.
http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/ps3/tarudingles

I've faced him 3 times and no doubt he is really good but I have to wonder if he uses a lag switch or something to give him an advantage. Matches are smooth and lag free but almost nothing of mines hits him and everything he does hits me. Just look at his matches he barely loses a round. Unless he's japanese, korean, or Mr. Naps in disguise I gotta call something fishy. Sorry for the rant but the salt is strong with me right now.
How is he still beginner?

Sayah

Things Tekken does better than (most if not all) other fighters:

1. Best Netcode
2. Bigger Movelists than any other fighter, which means more animations and more hard work. Which further makes you appreciate the netcode even more.
3. Wider variety of characters, huge roster with a lot of diversity in the cast.
4. Hits are so damn satisfying to land and character expressions are phenomenal.
iADFLrAMzBMmj.gif
You can just imagine Anna's "aa-aah" and Lili's scream as the move hits.
5. Tremendous, mind-blowing Depth.
6. BEST music without a doubt. Customizable music to your liking.
7. BEST ending movies. So much comedic craziness. The team took it this far.
8. Female characters don't get the vagina tax (Capcom) or don't become sex objects (Team Ninja).
9. A lot better balanced than mostly all other fighters. Tier lists don't mean much at all.
Level of skill overrides everything else. No gimmicks. Nothing that can't be overcome with time and practice.
10. Extremely content heavy. Extremely.
11. Best fan service in the industry.
12. Amazing DLC practices.
13. Online ranking match cheaters actually get punished.
14. Only fighter with a free dedicated site that has stat-tracking, team formation, team discussions, etc.
15. Excellent clothing/customization options (T6 >>>>>> TTT2 but still......)

I think there are various other things that can be noted too. People can say it's subjective but we all know Tekken Tag 2 is the best fighter released this generation.

Sayah

hahahahahahaha, I like that gif a lot.

Poor Tekken, always stereotypically known as the juggle fighter when we already have other games which are way more combo-heavy and where you can do infinite's/take full health bars, etc.

DEATH™

ARGGHH...

Got a losing streak on ranked... On many times by choking... Win 2 games good, then choke the rest...

The most frustrating part is I could do better...

@sayah but...

1. DOA has better models! Look! Tekken doing swimsuits now? That's cheap. DOA >>>>>>>> Tekken...

2. Tekken is casual scrub jugglefest!!! It's so boring to watch! I'm not gonna touch that lame game *Plays Marvel*

ibhfREXufGNaDB.png

EDIT:

Vote guys for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for best fighting game!!!

http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2012-nominees/voting/best-fighting-game

So I bought all of the tunes... But goddamn, I need a save playlist option FFS. Sometimes I'm in a retro mood and want just T1/2 tunes. Other times I want a greatest hits. Why the hell is this feature not included when they offer so many tracks to choose from? I still need you Twitter folks to ask about this so I can get an answer.

Yes, it is a big deal to me. If I can't add multiple songs to one stage, I at least want my playlists saved so I don't have to keep individually assigning tracks to stages when a mood strikes.

Pachimari

The most interesting bits I found from the VG247 interview with Harada:

One character in particular caused Harada and his team a lot of grief, “Actually, technology wise, we couldn’t do the scaling for the lower body of Jack, so that is why his upper body is so big with such a small lower body. In addition to that, he has an infinite combo. That’s not even fixed. Don’t you think that’s awful? Mostly all the characters had a combo that made the opponent instantly down.”

“When we finished porting Tekken 3 to consoles, the title became a tremendous hit, creating many records and receiving praise from many people. However, the development team actually had mixed feelings like, ‘It’s not 100% ported, and there were many things that we could have still done, but why is it receiving such high ratings from everyone?”

“We were suddenly told that the number of polygons we could use had increased, and we could overlap translucence as much as we wanted,” he explained, “So when we were porting Tekken Tag Tournament, which we developed on SYSTEM 12 at that time, we even portrayed each of the teeth in the human models’ mouths with polygons.

“Thinking back, it was a total waste of polygons. That is why the game models in Tekken 4 have a higher perfection level than the game models in Tekken Tag Tournament, even though the number of polygons are less.”

At this point we simply had to ask Harada which of his treasured characters has wound up being his favourite. The answer was more than unexpected, ” I normally answer ‘Heihachi’. But did you know that the character popularity is fairly different among the countries? But what’s interesting is that there is a character that is always lowest in popularity worldwide over the 17 years. It’s Ganryu. Thus, I have decided to answer ‘Ganryu’ whenever I am asked which is my favorite character.”

“The progress of Tekken x Street Fighter is a secret. The philosophy behind involving the Street Fighter characters? It’s simple, we are huge fans of Street Fighter in the first place. Thus, we only need to polish it so that the fans will be satisfied and happy.”

“I believe that we have failed at times and are not always succeeding. Especially for Tekken 4, the sales were high but the player rating was bad. What’s important is how the user feedbacks are taken in. Stopping what the users say ‘no’ to, or erasing what they say they dislike, looks correct at first glance, but is actually not correct.”

genjiZERO

Just played some TTT HD (from Tekken Hybrid disc)... Man that game still looks and plays beautiful to me. The HD resolution & widescreen sure help, but even the character models and stages hold up really well IMO.

Never played that version, but the OG Tekken Tag was amazing for its time. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing Tekken Tag 2, but it's not nearly as visually impressive as TT was. I also with they'd given us high resolution cut scenes instead of the in-game crap.

related side comment: man the costume designs are such shit in this game. Most the secondary outfits make the characters look like extras on Jersey Shore. The primary ones aren't even that good to begin with. For the first time in the series I think Yoshimitsu's design is worse than in the previous game.

unrelated side comment: when the devil is the swimsuit pack coming to PSN?

unrelated side comment 2: I think Armor King is my new jam. I never played with him much in any of the previous games, but I really enjoy him this time around.

8byte

Banned
Never played that version, but the OG Tekken Tag was amazing for its time. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing Tekken Tag 2, but it's not nearly as visually impressive as TT was. I also with they'd given us high resolution cut scenes instead of the in-game crap.

related side comment: man the costume designs are such shit in this game. Most the secondary outfits make the characters look like extras on Jersey Shore. The primary ones aren't even that good to begin with. For the first time in the series I think Yoshimitsu's design is worse than in the previous game.

unrelated side comment: when the devil is the swimsuit pack coming to PSN?

unrelated side comment 2: I think Armor King is my new jam. I never played with him much in any of the previous games, but I really enjoy him this time around.

Pretty sure the swimsuit stuff is already out on PSN. At least I thought it was.

Got this game just a couple of weeks ago and all my friends are completely hooked. Unknown being free was so <3

Between this game and Soul Calibur V Namco has easily made this generation of fighters for me.

Sayah

DEATH™;44398919 said:
ARGGHH...

Got a losing streak on ranked... On many times by choking... Win 2 games good, then choke the rest...

The most frustrating part is I could do better...

@sayah but...

1. DOA has better models! Look! Tekken doing swimsuits now? That's cheap. DOA >>>>>>>> Tekken...

2. Tekken is casual scrub jugglefest!!! It's so boring to watch! I'm not gonna touch that lame game *Plays Marvel*

ibhfREXufGNaDB.png

EDIT:

Vote guys for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for best fighting game!!!

http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2012-nominees/voting/best-fighting-game
hahahaha.

And I honestly think the VGA's are a laughing joke. :p

Got this game just a couple of weeks ago and all my friends are completely hooked. Unknown being free was so <3

Between this game and Soul Calibur V Namco has easily made this generation of fighters for me.

I still have to get SCV. Probably will get that soon.

Man oh man. I'm going to have to check out my scene's gaming session this Monday. I'm actually starting to feel discouraged I have to admit. As much as I love the game's features and the characters, playing the game has become quite...taxing. :/ Ah well, good games.

Top Bottom