• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Just got a few troll matches with Dr. B in. Sitting stance + 4 has to be the best online spam move ever. :lol

But with 3 bars the lag was just awful. Seems near impossible to find a playable match in Aus. :( Oh well, back to pair-play with buddies and ghost battles.

DEATH™

ggs to Flying Baraka. Sorry I kinda played around on some matches. I need a stress reliever on the rest of the day doing homework :troll:

Awesome too that you can freakishly do multiple EWGFs with dat lagz...

My controller needs to rest in peace... It always randomly inputting forward/back for some reason... I'm not even touching the controller and it still goes forward... Costs me alot of matches thinking I can get through with it... Sigh...

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Is the Bob Marley reincarnated-stage part of the package too?

I've been out of the TTT2 scene and I'm ashamed of myself. But with all the DLC, I'll be able to experiment with more characters! The excitement of attempting to get better..

I have some gaffers' psn id's, but anyone else who want to train online, please add me.
PSN: itzknickknac

I probably will be more free this weekend and during Thanksgiving weekend as I have a ton of school work to get done x_x. Senioritis + Procrastination = pain in the ass = can't play TTT2

Sayah

The purple goo is actually useful?

Seems you can just play her as regular Jun and it be exactly the same

Naaaaaah, the purple goo spikes are actually useful, hahahah. You can do some good extra damage with it.

Edit: I'm also wondering why Unknown has Jin's tattoo.

Degen

Reasons why you non-preorderers should pick up Alex:

- dinosaur
- he has an alt that looks exacly like Jack-6's alt. it's so good.
- he does the Running Exploder so get your easymode W's
- don't like juggling? cool, his pokes are overpowered. at least you can SEE the startup of king's ss3+4
- he is definitely a dinosaur
- he has a wrestler alt so he and King can tombstone and giant-swing like some Gs
- he already looks kinda like Ogre, so that should pretty much cover all of your mains
- he is a goddamn dinosaur

so make it happen

Shit, I might have to go to the darskide and run Jun/Unknown. The only downside to Unknown is she loses Jun's 1+2 which is a great punisher and Jun's attack reversal which is really good cause its tag bufferable with hella advantage. Too bad you can't customize Unknown though.

Dereck

Why is it so hard for me to main anyone but Miguel and Law?

I'm looking for a third guy, I know Law and Miguel's entire movelist. When I go to practice mode, I can learn about 3-4 bound combos with any character within 45 minutes, but when it comes to maining, I hit a road block like a hard stance, or a bunch of quarter circle characters.

SSJ-Luffy

Neo Member
Why is it so hard for me to main anyone but Miguel and Law?

I'm looking for a third guy, I know Law and Miguel's entire movelist. When I go to practice mode, I can learn about 3-4 bound combos with any character within 45 minutes, but when it comes to maining, I hit a road block like a hard stance, or a bunch of quarter circle characters.
What about Forest? He is pretty much a Marshall clone without DSS. Kunimitsu is also fun to play and she is pretty easy for me...
The way I play new charas: memorize useful moves, punishers and BnB combos. Abusing very few moves and adding more moves as I play the new chara...

Pachimari

So it seems like we won't get any more DLC characters? Sounds like these are final. Can we hear from MarkMan or someone close to Namco? :)

Also, I gotta try out the new trio!

Sayah

Why did you guys kick me earlier?

?
I was away for 15 minutes or so. I wasn't the host, though, so I couldn't kick you, lol. AAK's friend might have thought you were a random person joining the lobby.

I can reinvite. Let me know if you can join.

Sayah

Yeah, I think it's time to give Namco a break and let them concentrate on TxSF.

Maybe in the future, like a year from now, we could get Jane, Dr. Abel and Heather Williams as another trio pack.
Not gonna happen :(

But anyway, with that full roster, character select screen looks so brilliant now. I can imagine someone not familiar with Tekken buying the game, going to character select for the first time and being overwhelmed.

And yes, bring on my TKXSF and the next Smash Bros. Both are guaranteed purchases. Show Capcom and Nintendo how it's done. <3 Team Tekken.

Pachimari

I'm not gonna get either of TKxSF nor Smash Bros, so I'll have a lot of years for Tekken Tag 2 oh yeah!

Also, bring me Shin Kamiya haha.

mephie

Neo Member
There's no way that Law and Miguel are the only characters without quarter forward and confusing stances.

Miguel has his hold forward stance, and Marshall has dragon sign stance. If you want stanceless characters try Dragunov, Lily, or Bryan.

Cheddahz

Banned
Maybe in the future, like a year from now, we could get Jane, Dr. Abel and Heather Williams as another trio pack.
Not gonna happen :(

But anyway, with that full roster, character select screen looks so brilliant now. I can imagine someone not familiar with Tekken buying the game, going to character select for the first time and being overwhelmed.

And yes, bring on my TKXSF and the next Smash Bros. Both are guaranteed purchases. Show Capcom and Nintendo how it's done. <3 Team Tekken.
Team Tekken for life! After playing TTT2 a whole bunch, I plan on buying TxSF first day

Sayah

Team Tekken for life! After playing TTT2 a whole bunch, I plan on buying TxSF first day

I hope for a trailer soon. All we have is the Chun-Li art to go by. Really interested in seeing how they make this game work.
Concept-Art-Shown-for-Tekken-x-Street-Fighter.jpg
Did you get the download version of the game? What are your impressions if so? Is the loading less noticeable?

I checked my messages late and noticed you had sent me an invite. Sorry. Was kind of late with that.

I hope for a trailer soon. All we have is the Chun-Li art to go by. Really interested in seeing how they make this game work.

I checked my messages late and noticed you had sent me an invite. Sorry. Was kind of late with that.

No problem and no need to apologize. I miss invites all the time. I think we're all usually concentrating pretty hard on the game.

Sayah

No problem and no need to apologize. I miss invites all the time. I think we're all usually concentrating pretty hard on the game.

Yeah, I definitely am concentrated fully on this game and Unknown got me sidetracked, haha. Haven't really played much of anything else ever since TTT2 released.

AAK

Did you get the download version of the game? What are your impressions if so? Is the loading less noticeable?

The stupid store finally updated!

I'm gonna make some room in my hardrive for it. And the download will take at least 3-4 hours once I start downloading. I'll give you my impressions tomorrow most probably.

CSX

So namco nerfed the damage on Unknown's purple goo stuff just enough so that her standard juggles involving the goo like b2122 do just as much as jun's equialavent juggle.

So basically Unknown = Cop out jun when it comes to juggles...and ss2~B

Unknown and Jun fist bumping after a victory is awesome :)

K...back to studying

I like the new characters. Dr B is LOL so far. Very unique character and frightening to fight against when you know what they are doing. Trying to main more characters besides Nina and Anna to add more variety to my arsenal of fighters, but due to so many professionals being online, I probably don't pick them as much as I should. Up to approximately an additional 12 characters I'm trying to main now lol. Yeah, it can be confusing at times, especially when I am playing DOA5 along side TTT2 as well. Met a couple Dr B's online. Beat one of them and nearly beat the other player due to a huge screw up that I made with my worn out controller. Warning to Dr. B players, blocking the down 3+4, 4 move leaves him WIDE open, so execute with care lol.

Is Tekken X SF still coming out? Seems like that game disappeared unless they were fully concentrating on TTT2.

Dereck

I was in practice mode for about 4 hours yesterday and here is what I found out.

Leo - is good, only problem is that she has WS shit in between her combos and its a bitch to get those out correctly, that's my problem

Wang - dude has potential, need about 3 weeks with this guy and I could get something going

Bryan - I already know about dude, but his key, and useful moves require qcf and qcb shit, he also has b3f and its hard to get that out.

Paul - his important attacks are qcf and also "while attack lands"

Raven - I really want to learn dude, he has a lot of confusing back turn shit

Kunimitsu - learned her good, has potential

Lee - Was loving this dude until I found out I suck at f,N

Bob - cool, however he has this hate attached to him like Law does (that's irrelevant, yeah)

Feng - he's ok, I don't like his moveset, I look like a clown whenever I try to play with him

Sayah

I was in practice mode for about 4 hours yesterday and here is what I found out.

Leo - is good, only problem is that she has WS shit in between her combos and its a bitch to get those out correctly, that's my problem

Wang - dude has potential, need about 3 weeks with this guy and I could get something going

Bryan - I already know about dude, but his key, and useful moves require qcf and qcb shit, he also has b3f and its hard to get that out.

Paul - his important attacks are qcf and also "while attack lands"

Raven - I really want to learn dude, he has a lot of confusing back turn shit

Kunimitsu - learned her good, has potential

Lee - Was loving this dude until I found out I suck at f,N

Bob - cool, however he has this hate attached to him like Law does (that's irrelevant, yeah)

Feng - he's ok, I don't like his moveset, I look like a clown whenever I try to play with him
Why can't you use characters with qcf/qcb attacks?

I like the new characters. Dr B is LOL so far. Very unique character and frightening to fight against when you know what they are doing. Trying to main more characters besides Nina and Anna to add more variety to my arsenal of fighters, but due to so many professionals being online, I probably don't pick them as much as I should. Up to approximately an additional 12 characters I'm trying to main now lol. Yeah, it can be confusing at times, especially when I am playing DOA5 along side TTT2 as well. Met a couple Dr B's online. Beat one of them and nearly beat the other player due to a huge screw up that I made with my worn out controller. Warning to Dr. B players, blocking the down 3+4, 4 move leaves him WIDE open, so execute with care lol.

Is Tekken X SF still coming out? Seems like that game disappeared unless they were fully concentrating on TTT2.

Focus on a few. 12 is too much, lol.

And yeah, now that Tag 2 is out of the way, they're focusing on TKXSF.

Sayah

Because I can only do the quarter circle forward or back motion correctly 50% of the time.
I used to press d, d/f and f all as individual inputs for qcf attacks before and got frustrated when I couldn't do them. And then I learned I just had to do a quick slide with my thumb from down to forward. lol

Is your controller in good condition? I know I can't do any qcf attacks on my original dualshock 3 because the directional inputs are all messed up.

Dereck

quick slide with my thumb from down to forward
That's exactly what I do, which is cool. I have a problem doing it in the middle of a combo. For instance, Paul's deathfist is easy, but doing qcf in the middle of a Bryan combo I find hard, because if I do it wrong the entire combo drops.

Is your controller in good condition? I know I can't do any qcf attacks on my original dualshock 3 because the directional inputs are all messed up.
Yeah, most of it is me moving my thumb too fast or too slow.

So are Unknown and Dr. B out in Europe on the PS3 yet? I got the 1.03 update when booting the game up but no new characters have been added at all.

Top Bottom