• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Degen

my Jack-6 has made leaps & bounds from the throw-whore some of you might remember fighting in T6

I use him a lot in online/offline VS now, and his style feels really natural for me

granted he is easy as dirt to use

Sayah

Holy crap, who are all the monsters in your room Sayah!?

Heartnoob is someone I met in T6. He hates losing so there's that. And Passmesalt must be someone he invited.

Anyway, there's room for one more if anyone would like to join lobby.

AAK

Heartnoob tormented me throughout Ranked lol. I faced him like 4-5 times with different characters who were the same rank as mine. If it wasn't for him I'd at least be in avenger rank lol.

Who is this mystery Bear Friend of yours!

Sayah

Heartnoob tormented me throughout Ranked lol. I faced him like 4-5 times with different characters who were the same rank as mine. If it wasn't for him I'd at least be in avenger rank lol.

Who is this mystery Bear Friend of yours!

Yeah, he's pretty good. One of the better Xiaoyu's I've seen.

And that would be my brother.

Pachimari

I'm so tempted to get the Wii U edition with its Tekken Ball mode but I'm holding out hope, that it's a timed-exclusive and that we'll see it on PS3 next year as well.

Dariso

Neo Member
Things Tekken does better than (most if not all) other fighters:

1. Best Netcode
2. Bigger Movelists than any other fighter, which means more animations and more hard work. Which further makes you appreciate the netcode even more.
3. Wider variety of characters, huge roster with a lot of diversity in the cast.
4. Hits are so damn satisfying to land and character expressions are phenomenal.

You can just imagine Anna's "aa-aah" and Lili's scream as the move hits.
5. Tremendous, mind-blowing Depth.
6. BEST music without a doubt. Customizable music to your liking.
7. BEST ending movies. So much comedic craziness. The team took it this far.
8. Female characters don't get the vagina tax (Capcom) or don't become sex objects (Team Ninja).
9. A lot better balanced than mostly all other fighters. Tier lists don't mean much at all.
Level of skill overrides everything else. No gimmicks. Nothing that can't be overcome with time and practice.
10. Extremely content heavy. Extremely.
11. Best fan service in the industry.
12. Amazing DLC practices.
13. Online ranking match cheaters actually get punished.
14. Only fighter with a free dedicated site that has stat-tracking, team formation, team discussions, etc.
15. Excellent clothing/customization options (T6 >>>>>> TTT2 but still......)

I think there are various other things that can be noted too. People can say it's subjective but we all know Tekken Tag 2 is the best fighter released this generation.

What about VF5FS?:(. As a whole package i think i can agree with TTT2. Tekken team probably does have way more budget than the VF team so TTT2 having way more features and extras is understandable.But considering VF5FS price,the content it provides is great honestly.Best 3d fighters this gen.

Sayah

What about VF5FS?:(. As a whole package i think i can agree with TTT2. Tekken team probably does have way more budget than the VF team so TTT2 having way more features and extras is understandable.But considering VF5FS price,the content it provides is great honestly.Best 3d fighters this gen.

VF5FS is super amazing as well. Especially the netcode. I played a match with Mighty who is in Japan and it ran flawlessly. Really took me by surprise.

DR2K

Banned
1. Best Netcode

Yep. Easily the best.

2. Bigger Movelists than any other fighter, which means more animations and more hard work. Which further makes you appreciate the netcode even more.

Nah, it's about the same as the other major 3D fighters. (avg)

Momentary

Banned
Sooo depressed that this isn't out on PC. I can't wait for that day to finally come. I might pick it up on Wii U. But I just can't help and imagine how this game would look at 720 or 1080p instead of whatever weird native resolution it actually has.

Skilletor

Sooo depressed that this isn't out on PC. I can't wait for that day to finally come. I might pick it up on Wii U. But I just can't help and imagine how this game would look at 720 or 1080p instead of whatever weird native resolution it actually has.

Game is 720p native unless more than 2 characters are on the screen.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tekken-tag-tournament-2-face-off

Rather than render at a fixed sub-HD resolution, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 operates using a dynamic framebuffer, where the resolution is adjusted on the fly depending on the rendering load. For performance reasons, anti-aliasing has been also been completely omitted to free up GPU resources for Namco's impressive object blur effect. Both versions kick off running natively at 720p when there are just two characters on screen.

Dereck

Does adding a "f" to "1" make it reach farther?

Whenever I use "1" by itself, it usually doesn't connect, but when I use "f,1" its almost like it extends about 3 inches so the combo connects. Anyone know what I'm taking about?

Sayah

Whenever I use "1" by itself, it usually doesn't connect, but when I use "f,1" its almost like it extends about 3 inches so the combo connects. Anyone know what I'm taking about?

I know exactly what you're talking about. There are various combos I'll do that are better connected when you press f with 1.

Is there any streams out for the wiiU version?

Watching the Destructoid Wii U stream. Hoping that they play Tag 2 next after blops.

Dariso

Neo Member

Some AA would've been great for this game. Sadly jaggies really pop out in a otherwise beautiful game.Wonder if it would have been possible for namco to give us an option to activate some kind of AA like they do with motion blur.

GrayFoxPL

Some AA would've been great for this game. Sadly jaggies really pop out in a otherwise beautiful game.Wonder if it would have been possible for namco to give us an option to activate some kind of AA like they do with motion blur.

Ps3 version of Tekken 6 allows turning off blur and that gives better res and/or AA. Can't remember but the IQ is much clearer.

AAK

You are basically moving forward and then landing the jab. For many characters you have to completely dash forward and land the move. Hence this is something that makes it so hard to play Mishima's since to actually land their punishers you have have dash into those electrics.

Game looks pretty amazing on Wii U. Really envious that PS3 won't have Mushroom Battle or Tekken Ball. haha

I personally think Tekken Ball will eventually come to the other systems.

Dariso

Neo Member
Ps3 version of Tekken 6 allows turning off blur and that gives better res and/or AA. Can't remember but the IQ is much clearer.

Yep the game would get some AA if you turn off the blur, resolution was always the same, subHD if i remember correctly on PS3 but with cleaner IQ. Maybe its because of the dynamic resolution thing been used TTT2.Wonder if someone has asked harada about it.

GhaleonQ

Indeed. I'm lucky that it's been 1 of the sleepier years for me, games-wise, because my career, real life, and other options for taking in art have barely left me with enough time to be competent at my 2 favorite 3-d fighters ever. At least, I have the base for Virtua Fighter. I only really got into this with 5, so I still had to rebuild my basics when I started.

The package has made it well worth it, although I'll have to find someone I know who gets a Wii U.

Anyone know if there are more Nintendo costumes besides the ones shown in trailers? I was hoping for some Fire Emblem outfits.
I don't think so, but here's a list of all the characters I've seen so far in their Nintendo outfits.

Mario: Bob, Eddy, Heihachi, Jack-6, Kuma, Paul
Luigi: Marshall, Prototype Jack, Wang
Princess Peach: Christie, JayCee, Lili, Panda, Xiaoyu
Toad: Jinpachi, Tiger
Bowser: Alex, Ganryu, Ogre, Roger Jr.
Link: Kazuya, Lars, Yoshimitsu
Princess Zelda: Alisa, Angel, Asuka, Jun, Nina
Sheik: Leo
Ganondorf: Armor King, Devil Jin
Captain Falcon: Bryan, Craig, Marduk, Raven
Zero Suit Samus: Anna, Kunimitsu, Zafina
Fox McCloud: Dr. Boskonovitch, Hwoarang, Steve

I haven't seen the Nintendo costumes yet for the following characters: Ancient Ogre, Baek, Combot, Dragunov, Feng, Forest, Jin, King, Lee, Lei, Michelle, Miguel, Miharu, Mokujin, Sebastian, Slim Bob, Unknown*, Violet

If anyone can help complete the list, that would be great.

Pachimari

Just tried out the 3 added characters today and it feels GREAT having the Doctor back. Unknown and Violet are very welcome additions. I wonder if they'll fill out the rest of the grey area of the Character Select screen. Tetsujin, Crow, Tougou, Shin etc.

The insane thing is, I haven't even tried out Fighting Lab yet, so many days after launch.

Anyway, I love Tekken.

AdroitOne

Neo Member
I definitely hope so. Otherwise, I'm buying a Wii U at some point and Tag 2 will be my first game.

Ahh man, I'm going to get the Wii u version as soon as it become available on the eShop, I was hoping some good competition would be playing up there when I arrive :-D.

Top Bottom