• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

DEATH™

Ggs to degen. Fun matches until my internet got weird... darn it :p

PS dont use jinpachi against me bro... Ill punish everything you do :p

Manbig

So I'm trying to get back into the game and work off some rust before I start getting back into my local scene. Anybody wanna play some matches anytime soon? I have the game on both 360 and PS3.

PSN: MannyBiggz
XBL: Manello Biggz

AAK

So I'm trying to get back into the game and work off some rust before I start getting back into my local scene. Anybody wanna play somSuree matches anytime soon? I have the game on both 360 and PS3.

PSN: MannyBiggz
XBL: Manello Biggz

Sure man, I'm usually available after 10 PM EST. Where do you live if you don't mind me asking?

Probably already posted since I haven't watched/played tekken in a while.

http://tkjdcr.blogspot.kr/2013/01/interview-with-qudans.html

Interview of a god :)

Brings back those memories of sitting down in front of a computer watching youtube matches of him in DR era

I remember reading that. It's pretty scary though about how he got carpel tunnel syndronme because of the constant wavedashing.

Manbig

Sure man, I'm usually available after 10 PM EST. Where do you live if you don't mind me asking?

I remember reading that. It's pretty scary though about how he got carpel tunnel syndronme because of the constant wavedashing.

NYC

Manbig

Qudans is arguably the best Mishima player of all time. Damn shame he paid the price for it, but glad to see he's back. He's the perfect example of one of my biggest pet peeve's with fighting games in high execution characters.

Grifter

It's a special mid! It has the properties of both a low and a mid.

Thanks! Sorry, more questions...

Does this special mid state only apply to the ducking jab, or any other moves? Do special highs or lows exist?

I've been slowly studying your beginner's guide and went to test the db quick backroll (the sliding one) and had no luck. Is that character specific?

Manbig

Does this special mid state only apply to the ducking jab, or any other moves? Do special highs or lows exist?

I've been slowly studying your beginner's guide and went to test the db quick backroll (the sliding one) and had no luck. Is that character specific?

There are other special mids. You can tell in training mode if the mid hit bubble is green instead of yellow. There are no special lows AFAIK, but if you're talking about Virtua Fighter style special highs, then the only one I know of if Lei's snake jabs. What I mean by that is that you can duck it, but if you attack while ducking it, you'll get counter hit.

GrayFoxPL

Special mids exist though already limited they seem even more reduced now. Rare stuff.

Special highs, don't think I saw any ever. There are many moves with special properties not called anything, but they eg. force crouch, jail, track to left, right etc.

Quick back roll, not sure which you mean. If sliding then maybe the one that can be done only after being hit by some moves like Bryan's ff+2 or Lee's f+2,1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzgX8dOffN8

That's all you need to know. This is how he plays when he was told his opponent was top player and he was scared :p

Nice. I'm watching his recent stuff and...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qekp8_cQkU4

Yeah, he's already Knee's equal maybe even better. Guy didn't lost his touch.

Manbig

I take back what I said about Lei's snake jabs being special high. I recall Exalted mentioning that one of his snake moves was and must have mistaken what he meant by it.

DEATH™

There's a handful of attacks that's special mid like the kings frankensteiner and marduk tackle end animation. IIRC the first hit of DJ 3 ring circus are special mid too. Special mids are both blockable if you duck or stand. Its more closely comparable to SF. SF mids = Tekken special mids. SF overheads = Tekken mids

Also there are no special highs or lows. The closes thing we have is mids that have high hitboxes that it wont hit duckers (BT hopkick) and high attacks that only hit airborne opponents (AK ki charge, DJ upward laser)

AAK

Damn, Manbig is another New York gaffer along with Sayah. I'll add you when i get home at around 10 pm.

No problem, ask away. About the quick back roll, it is move dependent. An example is Bryan’s f,f+2.Right after getting hit by it you can hold b and you'll do a quick back roll.

Sayah

Just learned about Ultimate Tournament XIV. 96 must have been the maximum they allowed. Tournament is sold out. Nice.

Damn, Manbig is another New York gaffer along with Sayah. I'll add you when i get home at around 10 pm.

No problem, ask away. About the quick back roll, it is move dependent. An example is Bryan’s f,f+2.Right after getting hit by it you can hold b and you'll do a quick back roll.

I'm NJ now. haha

Grifter

DEATH™;46522590 said:
There's a handful of attacks that's special mid like the kings frankensteiner and marduk tackle end animation. IIRC the first hit of DJ 3 ring circus are special mid too. Special mids are both blockable if you duck or stand. Its more closely comparable to SF. SF mids = Tekken special mids. SF overheads = Tekken mids

Also there are no special highs or lows. The closes thing we have is mids that have high hitboxes that it wont hit duckers (BT hopkick) and high attacks that only hit airborne opponents (AK ki charge, DJ upward laser)

But those other special mids can't be low parried, right? That's arbitrarily applied to ducking jabs?

DEATH™

But those other special mids can't be low parried, right? That's arbitrarily applied to ducking jabs?

Technically, you can... IIRC frankensteiner can be reversed by low parrying it. Gotta test that if it still goes to that powerbomb animation or go straight to bound...

PS AAK add me...

Hey Tekken GAF, I finally started to play this again. I'm trying to relearn everything, but I decided to drop Xiaoyu/Miharu to make the game more enjoyable for myself. The two new characters I'm looking at right now are a Kunimitsu/Jun team. Do these two work well together? And which character would be easier to learn first?

Sayah

Hey Tekken GAF, I finally started to play this again. I'm trying to relearn everything, but I decided to drop Xiaoyu/Miharu to make the game more enjoyable for myself. The two new characters I'm looking at right now are a Kunimitsu/Jun team. Do these two work well together? And which character would be easier to learn first?

Kunimitsu and Jun are both pretty good and probably work well together. Probably Kunimitsu is easier to learn than Jun.

Alright, thank you Sayah!

I wish they had the preorder/DLC characters in the strategy guide, it was pretty helpful. -_- At least I can use it for Jun when the time comes...

AAK

DEATH™;46529740 said:
Technically, you can... IIRC frankensteiner can be reversed by low parrying it. Gotta test that if it still goes to that powerbomb animation or go straight to bound...

PS AAK add me...

EDIT:Nvm added you

DEATH™

AAK vs. Kane!!!

http://www.twitch.tv/hellomrbrahms

EDIT: and he lost 3-2

Shouldn't used Julia 1121 bro :p

EDIT2: Bro I cringe when you raw tag, he always punish you with that electric...

EDIT3: lost again... as a king player, I recommend Jules Deja Vu (qcb~F+2). A bufferable throw worth 45 damage...

Hey guys! Who here plays on PS3? Just got an account on here, would love to play some of you. I've played Tekken on and off for years. I'm decent, but nowhere near tourney play. Love my team of Lee and whoever!

GrayFoxPL

Thing I always find funny is that I always hear announcer say: "LUCKY BOSS!" whenever bonus pops up. It's like it sounds like that on purpose.

LUCKY BOSS! :D

Sayah

Love all your work on the thread. Would love to get bodied sometime by you. lol.

My PSN is Leechaolan if anyone would like to add or invite me to some games. :)

All of this thread is the hard work of AAK. I think I contributed about 2% towards this thread with the tekken federation section. haha
And sure, I'll add you once I get on PSN again.

DEATH™;46539877 said:
AAK vs. Kane!!!

http://www.twitch.tv/hellomrbrahms

EDIT: and he lost 3-2

Shouldn't used Julia 1121 bro :p

EDIT2: Bro I cringe when you raw tag, he always punish you with that electric...

EDIT3: lost again... as a king player, I recommend Jules Deja Vu (qcb~F+2). A bufferable throw worth 45 damage...

Where do the matches start?

AAK

Remember people, just 2 more days to rank your GOTY for 2012 to GAF:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504835

Spread the TTT2 love ;)

Hey guys! Who here plays on PS3? Just got an account on here, would love to play some of you. I've played Tekken on and off for years. I'm decent, but nowhere near tourney play. Love my team of Lee and whoever!

Welcome! Are you the same Batman from Atlanta?

Just went 2-11 against Naoki. Excuse me while I go get stitches on my ass.

At least you got 2 games... I remember when I played him in your room I could barely get 1 round on him LOL.

Where do the matches start?

On my phone, so I can't check, but it should be in this video a bit after he reached warrior rank after the 2 hour mark. I wonder who that Ling player was? That is so close to Mr. Nap's record. He only had 2 losses!

Sayah

Remember people, just 2 more days to rank your GOTY for 2012 to GAF:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504835

Spread the TTT2 love ;)

On my phone, so I can't check, but it should be in this video a bit after he reached warrior rank after the 2 hour mark. I wonder who that Ling player was? That is so close to Mr. Nap's record. He only had 2 losses!
Nice. Will watch shortly. :)

Also voted for TTT2 in that thread awhile ago. It's not going to be anywhere near the top (I think) but at least we tried.

Binabik15

So, I ordered Tag 2 after not even 6 months of owning 6 (yeah, didn't know Tag 2 was so close and I bought it with SFxTekken).

Is there anything I should know about King in this game? Any tips? I'm at a stage where I can do half or so of his throws regularily, the rest of the multi throws like rolling death craddle are just way to complicated. I can do the 106 damage one with muscle buster at the end, though. BUT I have real trouble getting that grab without getting decked in the face, hehe :/ Ah well, I'm a drity scrub that only plays every now and then locally against equally noobish people or button mashers. I still like playing King, my brother is playing as Armour King and a good round between these two hulks smashing and crashing and punishing each others face is spectacular. Best/most brutal wrasslers in fighters? AS far as I've seen, yes.

Oh, and does the game save a custom controller layout for Player 2? T6 doesn't and it sucks.

Sayah

So, I ordered Tag 2 after not even 6 months of owning 6 (yeah, didn't know Tag 2 was so close and I bought it with SFxTekken).

Is there anything I should know about King in this game? Any tips? I'm at a stage where I can do half or so of his throws regularily, the rest of the multi throws like rolling death craddle are just way to complicated. I can do the 106 damage one with muscle buster at the end, though. BUT I have real trouble getting that grab without getting decked in the face, hehe :/ Ah well, I'm a drity scrub that only plays every now and then locally against equally noobish people or button mashers. I still like playing King, my brother is playing as Armour King and a good round between these two hulks smashing and crashing and punishing each others face is spectacular. Best/most brutal wrasslers in fighters? AS far as I've seen, yes.

Oh, and does the game save a custom controller layout for Player 2? T6 doesn't and it sucks.

The game does save a custom controller layout for Player 2 (thankfully).

And King/Armor King can be a fun and brutal team. A lot of things you can learn and do with them.
Hey Sayah, let me know an hour or two before stream time if matches are set up for tonight.

As far as I know, one match is set for today. kenix and his opponent (forgot who that was).

Hellix

Learning his multi-throws are good, but I wouldn't use that as your main focus for training. People will know how to get out of them, or just won't give you the opportunity to grab them.

DEATH™

TBH if you are getting wrecked in the face, maybe you shouldnt focus on multis JUST yet. Multithrow startups needs setups to get it. I I were you, ill try to familiarize every poke both have and learn to throw GS whenever you want. If you had a game where you didnt throw at least 1, youre doing something wrong. Trust me, im still there. You can learn multis along the way, but dont forget to turtle up.

Also, you need to use b+1, 2 as a i12 punish and use your range. SS 3+4, uf+1+2, cd+1, f+4, FC df+2, ff+1, iSW, f+3+4 you name it. You either stay far away or way too close.

As far as I know, one match is set for today. kenix and his opponent (forgot who that was).

It is I.

I realize I need to work on good punishing and blocking under pressure. My friend (experienced w past Tekkens) button mashes against me and wins..

EDIT:

Also, is it me or is psn down?

Hellix

It is I.

I realize I need to work on good punishing and blocking under pressure. My friend (experienced w past Tekkens) button mashes against me and wins..

EDIT:

Also, is it me or is psn down?

Yeah, it looks like they are undergoing maintenance. Hopefully, it will come back up soon.

Edit: I read somewhere it will be back up by 11 PM EST.

Top Bottom