• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

DEATH™;46586193 said:
This poor guy...

http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/psn/namcoceo

Last time I fought him, he was winless... Of course he's still winless after that :p

But yeah guys, I dunno if this will motivate all u guys...

I think I played against this person in Soulcalibur V once or twice a few months ago. He/she was playing as Dampierre and kept just walking around the stage, and then eventually jumping off of it every time. It was pretty funny. Haha.

Oh, also, good match the other day. It was pretty cool running into someone from here randomly while playing ranked matches.

MIMao.jpg

DEATH™

I think I played against this person in Soulcalibur V once or twice a few months ago. He/she was playing as Dampierre and kept just walking around the stage, and then eventually jumping off of it every time. It was pretty funny. Haha.

Oh, also, good match the other day. It was pretty cool running into someone from here randomly while playing ranked matches.

Yeah that lili taught me not to backroll much... That habit plagued my entire Tekken life. Even with many people punishing me and me trying to do other options when grounded, I still backroll when I panic. Even on replays where I got away with it I'm still facepalming...

Some accounts on WTF makes me worry sometimes.... Hahahha

Anyways had some free time so I made a quick post for Mastercup.5:

http://pastebin.com/z2PYhxNN

(Copy and paste the coding into a new post and see the preview of it)

I realized I have no talent in Photoshop so no flashy looking banners and section images from me. Well, anything else I should add to it?

Varth

Just a quick check: noticed a twitter translation on GameFaqs (goggled, don't give me that stare) where Harada mentioned not only the swimsuits became free, but also the online pass wasn't needed anymore.
Are both true? I thought cosmetic stuff was paid DLC but found no trace of it in the store.

Manbig

I realized I have no talent in Photoshop so no flashy looking banners and section images from me. Well, anything else I should add to it?

Tell Aris to stop dragging his feet on that stream. Dude is barely on anymore!

DEATH™;46586193 said:
This poor guy...

http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/psn/namcoceo

Last time I fought him, he was winless... Of course he's still winless after that :p

But yeah guys, I dunno if this will motivate all u guys...

I swear I played this guy in SFxT, the same day the Pacman/Megaman patch came out. He was the first person I ran into online using them, and he was playing terribly. I thought he was trolling.

GrayFoxPL

First time I time outed someone. 5th round. Lol, not my style, but when there were 3 seconds left I rather block and let opponent go desperate.

DEATH™

I can make you a banner. Not gonna look as good as the pros but ill do the best I can.
How do you want it to look?

Sayah

Amazing. I like it. No need for flash banners. Like the simplicity.

And I really hope namcoceo is a troll account. Would be so damn upset otherwise.

Degen

just figured out that Ogre can do 3,2, db1 after Capital Punishment for a bound. what.

the Waning Moon throw is now OP beyond reason

he gets more damage from Capital Punishment than my King's iSW combo, and does up to 29 more damage (so far) off his command throw than a Giant Swing into a wall

best jaguar in the game

Just a quick check: noticed a twitter translation on GameFaqs (goggled, don't give me that stare) where Harada mentioned not only the swimsuits became free, but also the online pass wasn't needed anymore.
Are both true? I thought cosmetic stuff was paid DLC but found no trace of it in the store.
Preorder DLC is probably unlocked in-game for everybody at this point but I haven't heard anything new about the online pass

Come on guys... he's called Namcoceo, it's an obvious troll account.
anybody who plays that much, loses that often, and still keeps playing to this day is allowed to be Namco CEO

been using the same character solo since the game's release date and never dropped her. respect. would sandbag.

DEATH™

Hey degen go online before I go to work :p

Edit: dat ogre im not even doing anythig and I still get hit... darn..

Edit 2 ggs guys

Sayah

Played P4A and SCV today. Both games are $20 at gamestop in case anyone's interested in playing them. Not feeling Persona but wow at SCV. Game looks very clean and sharp. Hit effects are amazing. Stages and backgrounds very impressive. Good thing you exist Namco.

Sucks SCV isn't at EVO, though. We need a tournament catered to 3D fighters.

Degen

ggs Death and Boutdown

man I can't even pretend to use Bryan anymore... the game's heavy hitters spoiled me

Played P4A and SCV today. Both games are $20 at gamestop in case anyone's interested in playing them. Not feeling Persona but wow at SCV. Game looks clean and sharp. Hit effects are amazing. Stages and backgrounds very impressive. Good thing you exist Namco.

SCV was my main game last year until TTT2 came out. second best fighter of 2012. Siegfried all day err day

persona blows

Played P4A and SCV today. Both games are $20 at gamestop in case anyone's interested in playing them. Not feeling Persona but wow at SCV. Game looks very clean and sharp. Hit effects are amazing. Stages and backgrounds very impressive. Good thing you exist Namco.

Yeah, I don't care what anyone says, SC5 was really good and the game was very impressive. It received so much unwarranted hate imo. I thought SC5 was at Evo? I am pretty positive I saw some tournament play online for SC5, but maybe it was something else? I want to get P4A eventually. For $20, I got nothing to lose hopefully since I liked 2D fighters such as BlazBlue and Guilty Gear a lot. Hey wait, it got fighting game of the year over TTT2 and DOA5, didn't it? It has to be great.

Is there a deal going on or is this a price drop? I'd consider getting P4A, but I feel as though TTT2 and UMvC3 is enough. My learning curve for fighters progresses really slow

EDIT:

I have a bestbuy coupon for SC5 for $9.99 so I may consider that actually

Yeah, I don't care what anyone says, SC5 was really good and the game was very impressive. It received so much unwarranted hate imo. I thought SC5 was at Evo? I am pretty positive I saw some tournament play online for SC5, but maybe it was something else? I want to get P4A eventually. For $20, I got nothing to lose hopefully since I liked 2D fighters such as BlazBlue and Guilty Gear a lot. Hey wait, it got fighting game of the year over TTT2 and DOA5, didn't it? It has to be great.

Nah, SCV would only get into EVO as the 8th game via donations, which isn't happening. My most played fighter of 2012, love that game. I can't say the hate was completely unwarranted considering where it was coming from. People more concerned with the single player options had a right to bitch, even if the rest of the game was pretty much perfect.
My favorite characters weren't removed either :lol

Sayah

ggs Death and Boutdown

man I can't even pretend to use Bryan anymore... the game's heavy hitters spoiled me

SCV was my main game last year until TTT2 came out. second best fighter of 2012. Siegfried all day err day

persona blows

Wish I had bought it on release day. Gonna invest time in this game. Only tried out Viola so far and really enjoyed the orb spinning mojo. haha

SCV was at EVO last year but most likely won't be in this year unfortunately. Not when it's up against Melee and pony fans. But anyway, seeing something like this in a tournament would be way too exciting.

And P4A felt awkward for me. Just like Blazblue, haha. If you liked Blazblue, then this will probably be good for you I guess. Also yeah, a lot of the FGotY awards went to Persona. TTT2 got some as well.

Is there a deal going on or is this a price drop? I'd consider getting P4A, but I feel as though TTT2 and UMvC3 is enough. My learning curve for fighters progresses really slow

EDIT:

I have a bestbuy coupon for SC5 for $9.99 so I may consider that actually

Not sure if that's a permanent price drop. Probably is.
If you can get SCV for $10, then it's more than worth the price. Even if you just end up admiring the backgrounds, music, stage effects, character models, hit effects and other things. haha

Nah, SCV would only get into EVO as the 8th game via donations, which isn't happening. My most played fighter of 2012, love that game. I can't say the hate was completely unwarranted considering where it was coming from. People more concerned with the single player options had a right to bitch, even if the rest of the game was pretty much perfect.
My favorite characters weren't removed either :lol

Usually, the only offline modes I need are Training and Vs. battle in a fighter but that's just me. It could be more content heavy but the game was pretty much rushed out and the dev team did an amazing job in the time they had. Game is very polished and very impressive.

AAK

I really wanna play SCV... but I have no time :( I'm probably gonna end up skipping on Guilty Gear, Persona, Injustice, and even Chrono Phantasma when it comes out as well.

Sayah

I really wanna play SCV... but I have no time :( I'm probably gonna end up skipping on Guilty Gear, Persona, Injustice, and even Chrono Phantasma when it comes out as well.

Yeah, not buying anymore fighters after this. The next thing I get will be TKXSF and Smash Bros. 4 both of which will most likely be in 2014. My most anticipated games alongside with Dark Souls II.

Manbig

Didn't people find a bunch of broken stuff on Viola that basically made her SCIV Hilde 2.0? I had some fun with it, but man is the online community of that game full of assholes. More so than any other fighter I've played.

Sayah

Didn't people find a bunch of broken stuff on Viola that basically made her SCIV Hilde 2.0? I had some fun with it, but man is the online community of that game full of assholes. More so than any other fighter I've played.

Damn. I hope they patched up any Viola broken-ness. I'll just go back to my SC2 main (Kilik) otherwise.

AAK

Yeah, not buying anymore fighters after this. The next thing I get will be TKXSF and Smash Bros. 4 both of which will most likely be in 2014. My most anticipated games alongside with Dark Souls II.

If you like Smash, I may recommend PSABR. I only played a little bit of the original smash on the N64, but aside from the retarded scoring system of PSABR, it definitely delivered a similar fun time with couch multiplayer.

Damn. I hope they patched up any Viola broken-ness. I'll just go back to my SC2 main (Kilik) otherwise.

Kilik is now Xiba I think. Kilik in SCV turned into a Male Mokujin LOL. And unfortunately I think SCV is finished... no more patches, they even cancelled all the DLC they were planning to release for it.

Sayah

If you like Smash, I may recommend PSABR. I only played a little bit of the original smash on the N64, but aside from the retarded scoring system of PSABR, it definitely delivered a similar fun time with couch multiplayer.
I tried the demo of PSABR. The stages felt too big and the character models too small. Kind of turned me away.
Smash Bros., on the other hand, by itself is worth purchasing a Nintendo system for. I have 1000+ hours logged into Brawl. lol It's pretty much the only game I played from March 2008 to until T6 arrived in late 2009. Haven't played it for a long while now, though.

Kilik is now Xiba I think. Kilik in SCV turned into a Male Mokujin LOL. And unfortunately I think SCV is finished... no more patches, they even cancelled all the DLC they were planning to release for it.

Well, then...........

yeah I was pretty upset about Kilik. No redeeming qualities about Xiba.

Also miffed that Siegfried's sexy crystal armor is IN the game, yet there is no way to ever use it now =(

Wait a minute. Did I hear that Smash Bros Melee was at Evo or am I just hearing things?

P4A is probably a permanent price drop since Gamefly had it used for a while for $17.99.

Pachimari

I still hold out hope for Tekken Ball for PS3 sometime this year. Please God-based Harada-san. =(

Until then, I'll keep practicing with my Forest & Bruce team! This is the game to last forever.

DEATH™

Just reading the SCR thread... some people just have an irrational hate on tekken that they dont want it on stream... geez...

AAK

Don't even know what it's called. But you can listen to it here.

Edit: It's called High School Love. Tekken parody of high school musical. lol Longer version here.

Man, FilthieRich said during the stream that he originally made a WiiU trailer with this song but got rejected.... I so wanna see that trailer LOL.

EDIT: And on the topic of SCR, after watching Run it Black play... there is NO WAY regular Jin is not at least top 10 in the game. The damage he's capable of from hit confirms, his tag assault filler, his lows, 11 frame electric, etc. It's all pretty damned good. All he's missing is a proper tag bufferable EWGF that doesn't require DJin as your partner and for you to go into a separate stance for it.

Sayah

DEATH™;46694272 said:
Just reading the SCR thread... some people just have an irrational hate on tekken that they dont want it on stream... geez...

Unfortunate but not surprising.

Man, FilthieRich said during the stream that he originally made a WiiU trailer with this song but got rejected.... I so wanna see that trailer LOL.

I missed the Tekken Ball tournament. Will have to catch up on the archives.

But damn, really would like to see that trailer.

Top Bottom