• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

image.html

Kawaii.

ijiNJCx.jpg

Yes. Just kawaii.

mr_boo

Block high 90% of the time, 10% dedicate on learning to block his d1+2 smash. Throw a lot. I always wait for that retarded flying knee and throw. Also Lars during his dash stances is vulnerable, he can't really attack non stop, it just looks that way. Punish him mid dash string for a counter hit. Throw a lot. Many Lars players just want to attack and impatiently get up with flying knee or ws2. Just wait for it and punish. And seriously throw a lot.
Ran into an Alisa/Lars player last night and was able to successfully interrupt Lars with a couple of throws. I landed the 1+3 throw, but he broke the 2+4 throw, which makes me think he was spamming 2. Next time, I'll try a 1+2 throw as I'd imagine Lars doesn't use 1+2 during his strings. I wish I had infinite time to figure things out! Thanks for the tip again Fox.

GrayFoxPL

Ran into an Alisa/Lars player last night and was able to successfully interrupt Lars with a couple of throws. I landed the 1+3 throw, but he broke the 2+4 throw, which makes me think he was spamming 2. Next time, I'll try a 1+2 throw as I'd imagine Lars doesn't use 1+2 during his strings. I wish I had infinite time to figure things out! Thanks for the tip again Fox.

No problem, yeah Lars has many 2 in strings.

I fought a guy who made nazi Kazuya with swastika on his arm. I was so embarrassed for this idiot.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Does no one have a good scan or image of the BANA Passport with Lili/Asuka in swimsuits?

Sayah

DEATH™;46808023 said:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...genesys-2013-tournament-philippines/#comments

Now there's no reason people can say Tekken is too hard to learn... Look, a 12 year old can do it...

Pilipinas!!!

P.S. I'm disappoint at the comments... geez

As is already happening in the comments, people are going to take it in the complete opposite direction. "Lol, tekken doesn't require skill. It's a random button mash fest. Of course, a 12 year old could win pressing buttons." It's hilarious how a game can simultaneously be perceived to be too hard and too easy to learn.

Tekken haters, I tell ya.

mr_boo

No problem, yeah Lars has many 2 in strings.

I fought a guy who made nazi Kazuya with swastika on his arm. I was so embarrassed for this idiot.
I ran into some guy that had his team decked out in the same way. If it matters at all, worse yet, I wasn't able to beat him :(

Edit: I think COD Black OPs first introduced custom emblems. It was amazing how often you would run into this same kinda stuff too. I guess that's the difference of having such a large player base.

braves01

Banned
As is already happening in the comments, people are going to take it in the complete opposite direction. "Lol, tekken doesn't require skill. It's a random button mash fest. Of course, a 12 year old could win pressing buttons." It's hilarious how a game can simultaneously be perceived to be too hard and too easy to learn.

Tekken haters, I tell ya.

My first reaction is "Wow, I'm even worse than I thought if a 12 year old can pull off a tournament win."

I need to work on my mashing.

DEATH™;46808023 said:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...genesys-2013-tournament-philippines/#comments

Now there's no reason people can say Tekken is too hard to learn... Look, a 12 year old can do it...

Pilipinas!!!

P.S. I'm disappoint at the comments... geez

Oh of course, now Tekken is too easy since a 12 year old can do it. Let's not recognize the talent the player has, let's just use him for an anti Tekken argument. Guess I should stick to not reading comments. >.>

Does no one have a good scan or image of the BANA Passport with Lili/Asuka in swimsuits?

Not sure, last I checked this was the biggest so far.

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp140/s4107842/6b299dbb.jpg

... Don't mind the faces, paper bags + imagination GO!

SUPARSTARX

A lot of tri state players are going to next level (Brooklyn) to grind tekken on fridays. About twenty people showed up last week. If you guys are nearby come on over. I'll be the worst player and probably the only other Asian besides Renikon there so you'll know. Drop by and get some comp!

AAK

Cool, Manbig is in NYC, he might be interested. I added him on PSN but he hasn't accepted yet I don't think. He's probably busy. Sayah is in Jersey now, but maybe he can make a trip one weekend.

Sayah

Yeah, I can be the third asian if I go there. After Apex, I do want to explore more places and become more involved in the scene. Do whatever I can to support Tekken. Riding NJ Transit and subways past midnight doesn't seem very fun, though.

SUPARSTARX

Yeah, I can be the third asian if I go there. After Apex, I do want to explore more places and become more involved in the scene. Do whatever I can to support Tekken. Riding NJ Transit and subways past midnight doesn't seem very fun, though.

Subways past midnight is okay. Your ride might just be a little longer wait and longer routes.

braves01

Banned

I'm not in NJ anymore, but NJ transit was too damn expensive when I was there and it only seemed to be getting worse. Tekken is worth it though, make the trip.

Sayah

Subways past midnight is okay. Your ride might just be a little longer wait and longer routes.
It's that once I get home at around 2 or 3 a.m. taking NJ transit, I'll also need a ride home from the train station at that time and no one will be available.

I'm not in NJ anymore, but NJ transit was too damn expensive when I was there and it only seemed to be getting worse. Tekken is worth it though, make the trip.

Oh, I've been riding NJ Transit for 4+ years. The prices are ridiculous.

Sayah

DEATH™;46873789 said:
TekkenGAF, and graphic design people, I need help...

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o496/tullao1979/fightstickdesign-1.jpg

Trying to make a fightstick design, and it looks too simple... And my PS rust are showing... I can't think of anything to make it look special yet not make it look like too cluttered...

HELP!!!

(and yeah, got the inspiration from the "Femme Fatale" cover for the TTT2 TE stick).

I think that looks so damn amazing.

Try out the Blood Vengeance renders for Nina, Anna, Xiaoyu and Alisa to see how they look. There's no space for Unknown either, haha.

AAK

DEATH™;46873789 said:
TekkenGAF, and graphic design people, I need help...

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o496/tullao1979/fightstickdesign-1.jpg

Trying to make a fightstick design, and it looks too simple... And my PS rust are showing... I can't think of anything to make it look special yet not make it look like too cluttered...

HELP!!!

(and yeah, got the inspiration from the "Femme Fatale" cover for the TTT2 TE stick).

Woah, that looks amazing! My preferences, Put maskless Julia on.

Also, did you try a different colour other than grey. Light grey background with the dark grey font is cool, but I think it can be better.

And as Sayah said... it's Missing Unknown! Maybe put a faded unknown behind Jun or something.

braves01

Banned
Eh, I'd leave Unknown out just because she's basically a "fallen" Jun.

btw if anyone has spare time and wants to practice their PS skills or whatever, I've been wanting to make a stick themed around my alma mater using the WWE Brawl Stick as the base. I'd be willing to spend around $15 for a design that looks really nice if anyone's up for it.

DEATH™

@braves I would like to but I can't promise... I'm actually buried with homework right now and do this kind of things when I want to say "screw it!" with my homework. :p

I could do a simple illustrator art with it, just find me a high res logo of your school, some cool stuff you can find, and the layout from tek-innovations. (in psd format). No timeline promised though...

@saya and aak thanks. I didn't think it would be accepted warmly. It's too simple in presentation.

Also:

-I did my best to fit everyone with respect to the stick layout. But it ended up being too cluttered (and I can't find appropriate poses that wrap around the buttons). I considered using the full layout instead but I looked at my stick and I still love the little bezel guard :)

-I really wanted to put Unknown, but her render is too dark for the whole picture. She looked like the big black dot on the white paper. I might try your suggestion though of just make her shadow with the jun render.

-I want to put Julia so bad along with Jaycee, but space prevented me. Same with Leo (and also her renders looks too boyish, she seemed the odd girl among the rest :p ).

-I also considered the BV CG art, but the high res ones are not actually rendered, their backgrounds are still there, and I'm too lazy and incompetent to cut them (shame too because I love the alisa one :p )

-Thanks aak for the background suggestion... I know too that it can be better but I can't point on where. I'm gonna look for more color combos and other vector arts probably...

and thank you guys!! Much appreciated

AAK

DEATH™;46877085 said:
-I want to put Julia so bad along with Jaycee, but space prevented me. Same with Leo (and also her renders looks too boyish, she seemed the odd girl among the rest :p ).

Just try replacing her completely... unless you prefer Masked Julia.

DEATH™

Just try replacing her completely... unless you prefer Masked Julia.

But... Hips don't lie! DAT HIPS!

(I'm sounding like a bad man now... I gotta stop lol)

:p

But yeah I'll try to revise the whole thing... I gotta finish this before school gets tough...

Sayah

I just like Nina's BV cg art a lot, haha. People can hate on the movie all they want but Nina played her role like a badass.

iMLN4U14TfriC.gif

iu9sKATeCG9I8.gif

Sayah

Saw your stream matches superstarx. Niiiiiiice.

Been listening to Tag 2 soundtrack again as well. Seems like some of the tracks will never get old for me.

AAK

You can tell JtB is just a practice mode monster with his characters... he does not know the Law matchup which is surprising considering the amount of double Laws we see online.

Top Bottom