• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

PopInnovation

Neo Member
^ Looks like I missed out too! ><

Damn, I would hate to fight Fab.... he will never let you breathe.

I played him a few games when he came to Green in Seoul. Unfortunately I saw far from his best since at the time TTT2 wasn't out in the US and the best Green could do was set up a Japanese stick for him which he seemed to lack experience on.

Would definitely like to play him again when he is more in his comfort zone.

Ok so I just picked this up. Not sure if I'll get into it but I'm going to give it a go.

In the past I've played Julia. Who goes well with her and is kind of rarely used?

DEATH™

Ok so I just picked this up. Not sure if I'll get into it but I'm going to give it a go.

In the past I've played Julia. Who goes well with her and is kind of rarely used?

Usually you can play her with the wrestlers now just because of almost similar reliance of grabs (though that not her real strength). Her 50/50 mixups, though punishable, is strong. You can pair her with aggressive lockdown/poke/mixup chars (Nina, Anna, Michelle) and it will be a nightmare for the opponents to defend. Though that's a hard route to take since Changs and Williams are not your average chars to learn... I would recommend capos too but that's another story...

PopInnovation

Neo Member

Welcome to Tekken Tag 2!

Honestly speaking, you can make any team work. Naturally there are stronger teams out there, but if you're playing mostly just out of fun (and not particularly competitively) just pick whoever you think looks cool and fits your style of play and see how that goes.

Usually if I'm picking up a new character and I want to see who they seem to play the best with, I just look up some game play and/or combo videos on YouTube and steal ideas.

Otherwise there is always the option of Julia/Michelle!

Thanks. Will start with Julia/Michelle and see how it goes.

The characters I generally like are either counter poke based or have a heavy mix up game and you don't see them every 5 minutes.

Any body else fit that bill I should try?

DEATH™

Thanks. Will start with Julia/Michelle and see how it goes.

Julia/Michelle's Notable moves

shotgun (d~df+1 and followups)
elbow (ff+1)
bow and arrow
qcb~F+2 (Deja Vu for Julia, Mad Axes for Michelle, bufferable throw that can be done after anything you do)
fff+1 (It's an elbow alright but it's not the "elbow" that TZers refer to, but still, pretty strong wr attack, but don't get read because it's a high)
fff+2+4 (iSW. Their running throw. King playes swore by it, now the changs have them too)
4~2, 1 (pretty good low-mid that does chunks of damage)
bow and arrow (FC df+4, 3, nasty low when changs are crouching)
WS 2 (and followups. a mid that complements bow and arrow. Another thing why Changs are scary when crouching)
CES stuff (especially CES 4, 1+2)
hopkicks (uf+4, 3)

AAK can help you from the rest!!!

EDIT You love counter-based game? Steve should do it. You can poke all day long and not worry about getting punished, and b+1 will keep them in check if they want to do something. And yes you can thank me later at introducing to you the most fun-to-play boxer in the history of fighting games :)

DEATH&#8482;;46947758 said:
Julia/Michelle's Notable moves

EDIT You love counter-based game? Steve should do it. You can poke all day long and not worry about getting punished, and b+1 will keep them in check if they want to do something.

Thanks Mate. Steve probably seems a decent option too.

AAK

I play Julia... and after watching Bode play today, Leo Julia looks like a freiking amazing team! I've never seen such synergy before.

I play Julia... and after watching Bode play today, Leo Julia looks like a freiking amazing team! I've never seen such synergy before.

Leo looks to much like Hope from FF13 for me to get along with him.

Is it standard for console characters to be banned in tournies? OHN has them out which puts an end to my mum/daughter team for now.

AAK

Is it standard for console characters to be banned in tournies? OHN has them out which puts an end to my mum/daughter team for now.

Leo is a chick ;)

Bp3wn.jpg

And, console exclusive characters should be allowed in all tournaments as far as I know and the standard they use at Tekken Zaibatsu. UTXIV only banned Dr. B and Unknown just because they felt there wasn't enough time to learn those characters for the tournament... but that was just an anomaly.

PopInnovation

Neo Member

You're going to OHN? That's awesome dude - I'm a Sydney player too! But I'm living in Seoul right now. If you want to play with some of the boys in Sydney I can put you in contact with them. They usually play in the arcades but have been doing a lot of console sessions lately and are more than open to players of all levels, especially if you are a cool dude. If you meet them you'll find that they are all genuinely passionate about growing the Tekken scene in Sydney, and all of Australia.

In regards to DLC, to be honest I don't think it's normal. Only reason it's banned is because most people in Australia play on arcade. A player named FaYd (who is the organiser for Tekken) took a vote from all the players he could contact in all the states he could and most people were in favour of banning them this time around since they wanted to keep it as close to the arcade experience as possible. I actually voted for DLC to be ALLOWED since I know there are a handful of players who are new to the game and don't know many characters... but since I'll still be in Korea during OHN my vote didn't really count haha :(

In the past at OHN we have always had arcade cabs to play on, this is the first year since T5:DR that they are using consoles.

You're going to OHN? That's awesome dude - I'm a Sydney player too! But I'm living in Seoul right now. If you want to play with some of the boys in Sydney I can put you in contact with them. They usually play in the arcades but have been doing a lot of console sessions lately and are more than open to players of all levels, especially if you are a cool dude. If you meet them you'll find that they are all genuinely passionate about growing the Tekken scene in Sydney, and all of Australia.

In regards to DLC, to be honest I don't think it's normal. Only reason it's banned is because most people in Australia play on arcade. A player named FaYd (who is the organiser for Tekken) took a vote from all the players he could contact in all the states he could and most people were in favour of banning them this time around since they wanted to keep it as close to the arcade experience as possible. I actually voted for DLC to be ALLOWED since I know there are a handful of players who are new to the game and don't know many characters... but since I'll still be in Korea during OHN my vote didn't really count haha :(

In the past at OHN we have always had arcade cabs to play on, this is the first year since T5:DR that they are using consoles.

The plan is to go to OHN. The plan was to at least have an idea at TTT2 so I can have a crack at it alongside SF4... will see how my training goes and if I can raise the money for the trip. I remember TTT2 last year (king/armour king fest?) so it makes sense to keep it close to arcade. Doesn't really make a big difference to me at this stage.

I managed to beat arcade mode tonight and messed around for a while. Leo is now dressed up like a girl...so I feel like I'm making progress. Most of the buttons I'm pressing do what I think they will do based on old Tekken memories. Got to sort out this tag business next.

Watching some of the matches bout posted. I really have no concept of defense. Whenever I try to BDC, I just get hit out of it. Am I holding d/b too long?

AAK

Ah damn, This was the image I was thinking of:

jKqPh9sZRC3tm.JPG
a3798e673dca3ff60046ad83722eb228.jpg

But yeah, I got the hair color all wrong LOL.

EDIT: You should add a Tiara, that would complete the costume. :)

PopInnovation

Neo Member
Watching some of the matches bout posted. I really have no concept of defense. Whenever I try to BDC, I just get hit out of it. Am I holding d/b too long?

Yeah just sounds like you are a bit too slow. You also need to be sure you are back-dashing at the correct times, even if you have perfected BDC you can get hit while doing it.

Ran into Terareflection in a quick match. I was somehow able to scrub it out.

And Sayah I thought it might have been poison ivy ar first lol. The tiara would have done it but damn customization limitations. All I want is too put some flip flops on Jun =(

Sayah

Ran into Terareflection in a quick match. I was somehow able to scrub it out.

And Sayah I thought it might have been poison ivy ar first lol. The tiara would have done it but damn customization limitations. All I want is too put some flip flops on Jun =(

Poison Ivy would have worked too. Need to spend more time with decals.

AAK

Hooray for eating JFSRs and b+3s all day. Sigh. GGs, AAK. I had a lot of fun in spite of all that.

Yeah ggs man. Nice Anna/Lili team. Although you could optimize type Anna tag assault filler with qcf+2,1 instead of Anna’s slaps which also has better wall carry. I also duck way too muchwith my back against the wall... just so scared of Lili’s root of evil lol.

You should have joined Sayah’s tournament bro... you definitely would've made it far :)

Yeah ggs man. Nice Anna/Lili team. Although you could optimize type Anna tag assault filler with qcf+2,1 instead of Anna’s slaps which also has better wall carry. I also duck way too muchwith my back against the wall... just so scared of Lili’s root of evil lol.

You should have joined Sayah’s tournament bro... you definitely would've made it far :)

Yeah, sometimes qcf+2,1 whiffs when I use it as TA filler, though I think it's out of habit of delaying TAs with Lili in the back so b+1,4 would hit. I really just need to find better Lili/Anna combos, in general.

I was going to join, but I was out of the country during my winter break, so no go.

Sayah

Yeah, sometimes qcf+2,1 whiffs when I use it as TA filler, though I think it's out of habit of delaying TAs with Lili in the back so b+1,4 would hit. I really just need to find better Lili/Anna combos, in general.

I was going to join, but I was out of the country during my winter break, so no go.

If qcf+2,1 doesn't work that well, you can also try qcf+3,2 or f+3,2.

DEATH™

Finally! Someone posted in this thread.

Yeah I really need my tekken fix... There's nothing more relieving than a good old fashioned deathfist...

Sayah

Now I am feeling this itch.......like I need to be at more tournaments. Even though I feel mad anxious in crowds.

AAK

Now I am feeling this itch.......like I need to be at more tournaments. Even though I feel mad anxious in crowds.

Well, there's a minor one near(ish) to you. Next Level Arcade will have an open house with tournaments for all the games this Saturday. Tekken I think starts at 7 PM. I'm trying to find the link on facebook but I can't find it...

BUT if you're really eager to go big... there's this:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=126203

After EVO and Final Round that tournament will probably have the biggest Tekken competition. But I do understand it'll be super hard for you if you don't have a car :(

Top Bottom