• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Fraeon

Whelp, I guess I'm out from the tournament. I guess it's more Angel/Lili and Angel/Nina practice time then.

Gotta improve that movement a whole bunch too. Mine's ass. Gonna post recordings of my matches with Hyun Sai to the tourney thread later.

Whelp, I guess I'm out from the tournament. I guess it's more Angel/Lili and Angel/Nina practice time then.

Gotta improve that movement a whole bunch too. Mine's ass. Gonna post recordings of my matches with Hyun Sai to the tourney thread later.

Cool, I'd definitely love to have seen some of the competition. I missed the tourney since I wasn't activated until shortly after.

I new guys playing Tekken in here add me on PS3:

PSN: Anastacio

My primaries are Forest Law and Bruce Irvin.

You can add me or I can add you. My PSN ID is Eraptura. My mains are Nina and Anna, but I wouldn't mind playing and learning some more characters. I know a little bit of stuff with Law and even less with Bruce heh.

AAK

Cool, I'd definitely love to have seen some of the competition. I missed the tourney since I wasn't activated until shortly after.

Dammit, I can't look at your avatar without my stomach squirming and fighting the tears trying to come out of my eyes.... THAT scene destroyed me, I'll never forget it.

DEATH™

Dammit, I can't look at your avatar without my stomach squirming and fighting the tears trying to come out of my eyes.... THAT scene destroyed me, I'll never forget it.

Its sad for me because I took a restroom break when that part happened... When I came back I knew I missed something special...

AAK

DEATH™;47325300 said:
Its sad for me because I took a restroom break when that part happened... When I came back I knew I missed something special...

..... You deserve to be in the receiving end of this:

1151656289_Kneeskill.gif

Sayah

I have not watched this movie. Actually, I think in the past two years I've watched a total of probably four movies. Kind of sad. And the walking dead is the only thing I watch on TV now. Everything seems........boring.

GrayFoxPL

I have not watched this movie. Actually, I think in the past two years I've watched a total of probably four movies. Kind of sad. And the walking dead is the only thing I watch on TV now. Everything seems........boring.

You didn't watch the cg Tekken or live action?

Sayah

You didn't watch the cg Tekken or live action?

Make that five - six now, lol. I'm trying to think as far back as I can and all I remember (aside from Tekken films) is Madea's family reunion, Pixar's UP and a Bollywood film. I really should just cancel Netflix.

GrayFoxPL

Make that five - six now, lol. I'm trying to think as far back as I can and all I remember is Madea's family reunion, Pixar's UP and a Bollywood film. I really should just cancel Netflix.

The live action has the most skanky, plastic Nina ever. It's like she lost her face in horrible accident and went through 12 operations to restore it.

You should see it. ;D

Sayah

The live action has the most skanky, plastic Nina ever. It's like she lost her face in horrible accident and went through 12 operations to restore it.

You should see it. ;D

Oh yeah, already saw and included the live action and only watched it because it's Tekken. lol

Also remember I watched She's the Man. Amanda Bynes. Very amazing. That's six now.

GrayFoxPL

Oh yeah, already saw and included the live action and only watched it because it's Tekken. lol

Also remember I watched She's the Man. Amanda Bynes. Very amazing. That's six now.

While watching The Raid I remembered all those people molesting Harada on twitter to include Silat fighting style in Tekken, hehe. Excluding all the hyperboles about it, it's a very entertaining and brutal fighting movie. Watch it if you're feeling bored. :)

Good games the other night AAK. You truly do possess some excellent and frightening Tekken skills. You improved significantly from our very first encounter and you were good back then also, wow. Your defense and offense are both great. Keep it up man.

Heh, last movie I saw in the theater was the Avengers...........

I don't watch much on television and the shows I like are kind of niche I suppose. I rather not say what I watch on a regular basis lol.

Doomshine

While watching The Raid I remembered all those people molesting Harada on twitter to include Silat fighting style in Tekken, hehe. Excluding all the hyperboles about it, it's a very entertaining and brutal fighting movie. Watch it if you're feeling bored. :)

Right now they are molesting him about Shin Kamiya, he's already pissed.

Doomshine

I don't watch much on television and the shows I like are kind of niche I suppose. I rather not say what I watch on a regular basis lol.

I don't even own a TV, I just have a 27" monitor that I use for things like Netflix and games.

EDIT: whoops, double post, I meant to edit.

I don't even own a TV, I just have a 27" monitor that I use for things like Netflix and games.

EDIT: whoops, double post, I meant to edit.

Yeah, I understand. I normally seem to just have the TV on just for background noise and randomly flip the channels just to see what looks interesting.

But really, I really want Shin Kamiya in as well. Some new DLC at least.

Though, if we don't get anything I won't complain.

I wish the rumors were true and Tekken Hybrid owners would have gotten at least the Shin skin for Jin, or Kaz, with Alisa and Xiao getting their school girl outfits from Prologue.

Dunno why that never happened.

Sayah

I picked this up over the holiday sale and I'm making it my next fighting game to get into. My first Tekken ever so I'm totally new to this (and to 3D fighters in general, I've only played a bit of Final Showdown). It took me a bunch of time to just bop around in practice mode with most of the characters for like 5 min each just to get a feel for what characters I liked and wanted to start with, cast is freaking huge.

Totally found my main with Steve though, I just love how his movement options are so different from the rest of the cast with all the ducks, rolls, and stances. Doesn't seem super beginner friendly, but that's never really put me off a character that I like. Put Michelle on the team as well just 'cause I though she looked cool and liked her moveset, but I've not really even tried to dig into her moves / combos yet. There is a ton to learn about this game, but honestly I'm just going to start hopping online and getting my face beat in pretty soon. I've never found training mode grind to be much fun and as a total beginner I'll learn more about movement and defense by just getting right into the mix. I should take bets on how many losses I'll get before my first win.

Sayah

I picked this up over the holiday sale and I'm making it my next fighting game to get into. My first Tekken ever so I'm totally new to this (and to 3D fighters in general, I've only played a bit of Final Showdown). It took me a bunch of time to just bop around in practice mode with most of the characters for like 5 min each just to get a feel for what characters I liked and wanted to start with, cast is freaking huge.

Totally found my main with Steve though, I just love how his movement options are so different from the rest of the cast with all the ducks, rolls, and stances. Doesn't seem super beginner friendly, but that's never really put me off a character that I like. Put Michelle on the team as well just 'cause I though she looked cool and liked her moveset, but I've not really even tried to dig into her moves / combos yet. There is a ton to learn about this game, but honestly I'm just going to start hopping online and getting my face beat in pretty soon. I've never found training mode grind to be much fun and as a total beginner I'll learn more about movement and defense by just getting right into the mix. I should take bets on how many losses I'll get before my first win.

Good luck. Once you get into the depth of things, it's going to be a very rewarding experience. If you're going online, I would suggest you not get frustrated. There are going to be people doing things that might seem unfair (spamming/combos) but nothing in this game is unfair and everything can be overcome. If you have any troubles, just ask in this thread and I'm 99.9% sure there will be a solution to that problem. And this game has online practice mode so if you ever need to practice with others here, just post. :)

either i'm too good or the level of skill in XBL is extremely low.

first time playing a Tekken game in over a year, 46-4 w/l record. beat some people with hundreds of matches, winning records.

Top Bottom