• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

AAK

This Final Round sounded amazing. I wish I was there... I'm honestly considering applying for a Visa to the US and try to go to UFGT. I'm crazy... :S

Most of the really good Tekken players live in Pori but there are people in Turku, Oulu, Joensuu, Riihimäki and Helsinki who rep the game as well.

Tough shit for me since I don't live anywhere near those places so I'm stuck with playing the same 2 people + online but you can add my PSN (Fraelynn) so that we can have some matches going.

Do you know if you live near Doomshine? At the very least the 2 of you could get some games in just in case.

Unfortunately, I missed the entire tournament today. :(

I am experimenting with a lot of new characters to add some diversity to my Williams' arsenal. So far I am messing with King again, Bruce, Michelle and Zafina again in addition to my slightly pitiful Miguel, questionable Jin and terrible Jaycee lol. Seems like King and Nina are a decent match for each other. Bruce and Nina seems to be pretty compatible also. Trying to memorize all of these character's moves, combos, strings, tag combos, juggles, etc can be extremely strenuous, so I am mostly concentrating on two new characters for now. Any recommendations for good teams out of the characters I named and any that can pair up well with Anna or Nina?

Those are all REALLY good characters and you can make them work. I definitely think Bruce Nina will be the strongest.

Been playing around with solo Bruce today. He's fun. Anything I should know?

ws+2,1 dash forward d+3,4 into combo. It takes a while to get down but, that is pretty much the strongest whiff punisher from while rising in the game. If you block a low anything that's -13 or more, you can guarantee a full combo. Also b+2 is crazy good. CD+3+4,3+4 is also one of the strongest juggle enders in the game. f,f+2 is a great tag cancel if you know your opponent is gonna punish you with a punch. u/f+3+4 is another new move he has that does massive damage and is a nice whiff punisher. Lastly, I get mixed up between his CD+3 and CD+4 all day everyday.

Sayah

Unfortunately, I missed the entire tournament today. :(

I am experimenting with a lot of new characters to add some diversity to my Williams' arsenal. So far I am messing with King again, Bruce, Michelle and Zafina again in addition to my slightly pitiful Miguel, questionable Jin and terrible Jaycee lol. Seems like King and Nina are a decent match for each other. Bruce and Nina seems to be pretty compatible also. Trying to memorize all of these character's moves, combos, strings, tag combos, juggles, etc can be extremely strenuous, so I am mostly concentrating on two new characters for now. Any recommendations for good teams out of the characters I named and any that can pair up well with Anna or Nina?

Probably Nina/Bruce.

But if you want flashy combos, Michele/Nina is the way to go.

Sayah

We've reached 10,000 posts and I checked the highest posts. I need to get a life. :lol

iL8g4D0HjPeuz.png

Thanks for the responses Sayah and AAK. I will mess around with that team and see what I can come up with. I did sense good chemistry between Bruce and Nina's fighting styles.

Pachimari

Anastacio, why don't you ever respond to my game invites?
I must have missed them? Cause I have a message icon on my status bar but I never check because most of them are old messages I have already read on Vita but it doesn't update on PS3 - now I erased all messages so I should see invites.

BUT if I'm in FIFA you won't be able to pull me away from that game. :p

Nice maomaoIYP!. Like Anastacio said it would be great if you could post or PM the rest of the console exclusive ladies.
He's gonna take pictures when he wakes up. :)

Sayah

I missed a lot of it but that was a great tournament. Thanks for the chat Kadey.

I've been putting in more hours into Marvel 3 recently and came up with a new team of Trish/Deadpool/Dr. Strange. But after this tourney, it's time to get back into the swing of things with Tekken. I already spent over 500 hours in this game and have improved drastically since September but I still feel like a meh player. Need to really step up my game. Starting in the fall, I will (or am hoping to) be a participant at more tournaments. I might not get far but I need to get all that offline experience.

AAK

JDCR put up the greatest display of execution, knowledge, and composure I've ever seen in a Tekken match.

The Korean players were seriously miles and miles beyond anyone and it's unbelievable how high the skill ceiling is now. JDCR freiking makes tag crashing unsafe. I couldn't stop counting how many tag crashes and raw tags he managed to punish. It was unbelievable. I'm floored.

EDIT: Yo 10k! We in THERE!

I had no idea Sayah was double of me haha. Good stuff. I can't wait to play you some more Sayah! I got myself a mic too and maybe we can do some online practice training sessions and I'll let you know about some minor details the characters we play.

I too am thinking about travelling more. I think I'm gonna apply for a US Visa to attend UFGT at the end of May. I'll see how that goes.

Sayah

JDCR put up the greatest display of execution, knowledge, and composure I've ever seen in a Tekken match.

The Korean players were seriously miles and miles beyond anyone and it's unbelievable how high the skill ceiling is now. JDCR freiking makes tag crashing unsafe. I couldn't stop counting how many tag crashes and raw tags he managed to punish. It was unbelievable. I'm floored.

EDIT: Yo 10k! We in THERE!

I had no idea Sayah was double of me haha. Good stuff. I can't wait to play you some more Sayah! I got myself a mic too and maybe we can do some online practice training sessions and I'll let you know about some minor details the characters we play.

I too am thinking about travelling more. I think I'm gonna apply for a US Visa to attend UFGT at the end of May. I'll see how that goes.

Yeah, JDCR was killin. This whole time I had my money on Knee. U.S. was freeeeeeeee.
I was really hoping to see Kane in there somewhere, though. Angel/Lili action would have been nice to see. Oh well.

Overall, great tourney and I learned a lot just from spectating. The only downside was probably that FR thread.

And I have a bluetooth that I can probably use to talk. Not sure how good it is, though.

I'm also getting rid of button binding. It's spoiled me too much and seeing as it's not a tournament standard, it's better for me to just use a 4-button layout. It'll take some time to go back and adjust but I will hopefully adapt myself soon.

DEATH™

I'm also getting rid of button binding. It's spoiled me too much and seeing as it's not a tournament standard, it's better for me to just use a 4-button layout. It'll take some time to go back and adjust but I will hopefully adapt myself soon.

Now can I convince you again to buy a stick?

Please!

EDIT I'm just watching the whole finals now... USA can hang with Japan, but not Korea...

Sayah

DEATH™;52209918 said:
Now can I convince you again to buy a stick?

Please!

EDIT I'm just watching the whole finals now... USA can hang with Japan, but not Korea...

I'll look into it, haha. My chances of pressing pause and losing a match will probably be lowered with a stick.

I love you! My goodness Koto better make Angel into a figure. It would be one of the highlights of my collection. Namco must be real ball busters for whatever reason in regards to the TTT2 art. Who puts watermarks in an official artbook???

maomaoIYP

I love you! My goodness Koto better make Angel into a figure. It would be one of the highlights of my collection. Namco must be real ball busters for whatever reason in regards to the TTT2 art. Who puts watermarks in an official artbook???

I think it's because although Shunya is the illustrator, they're officially licensed to Namco. So Shunya is really republishing them here with approval from Namco.

maomaoIYP

Can't the same be said for the Marvel chracters though? I don't see any watermarks on those pages.

Yup, you're right. About half the book is in a section labelled "copyright illustrations" but only the Tekken ones have watermarks on them, I'm guessing it's something that Namco insisted on.

DEATH™

TBH they can make every female Tekken char a Koto figure and it would all be fine. Well, except Nina. That arcadia illustration is better than the one in game.

DEATH™

If you got PS you can easily "patch" the bookmark. Just get the tekken logo, overlap it on top of bookmark, and adjust the opacity and blending options. Its not gonna be perfect but it will be close depending on how straight you scanned it.

And I really want to get a good straight res of that Nina pic and the one for Anna too, and since Im getting greedy, All the Tekken girls, might put them on a stick design.., But I might just buy the book if I get a chance...

@terra how can you lol after a demotion? I might be totally mad by then hehehe...

AAK

Well, I am no longer yellow ranked. Lol.

Don't worry, I got demoted from yellow to green around 3-4 times haha. Over time i learned more and more matchups and how punish people and then I managed to consistently stay in Yellow. However, I did get demoted from brown to yellow quite a bit recently. My skill level is still that low. LOL.

And thanks for uploading the artworks, here is the only picture I could find in the European IAmTekken artbook:

And this time, the website watermarked the page haha. And also, Junny's artwork are by far my favorite out of all the ones done for the TTT2 cast.

ws+2,1 dash forward d+3,4 into combo. It takes a while to get down but, that is pretty much the strongest whiff punisher from while rising in the game. If you block a low anything that's -13 or more, you can guarantee a full combo. Also b+2 is crazy good. CD+3+4,3+4 is also one of the strongest juggle enders in the game. f,f+2 is a great tag cancel if you know your opponent is gonna punish you with a punch. u/f+3+4 is another new move he has that does massive damage and is a nice whiff punisher. Lastly, I get mixed up between his CD+3 and CD+4 all day everyday.

u/f3+4 is disgusting in solo mode. :lol

Comboing off of ws+2,1 is really tricky. Been trying in between matches and I've only managed to get it once. :/ His crouch dash is weird, too. It seems to have stricter execution than other characters.

What does Bruce do for a tag assault filler?

AAK

Most of the time I see people do b+4,3,4 for TA filler. But that does make the juggle ender after pretty hard to land. I'm not sure, you can probably do a move that puts you into Muay Thai stance and do the jumping knee after for wall carry maybe?

Yeah. I've been using d/f+3,1 and d/f4~Muay Thai 1,4 with Nina but they only work if she's done less than 3 hits before bound.

I wanna team him up with Bryan but that's too boring.

I use b+3,2 as TA filler for Bruce. I believe it's his most versatile 2 hit TA filler. I use b+4,3,4 for three hits but whether or not you can get an ender off that depends on your partner.

Don't worry, I got demoted from yellow to green around 3-4 times haha. Over time i learned more and more matchups and how punish people and then I managed to consistently stay in Yellow. However, I did get demoted from brown to yellow quite a bit recently. My skill level is still that low. LOL.

And thanks for uploading the artworks, here is the only picture I could find in the European IAmTekken artbook:

And this time, the website watermarked the page haha. And also, Junny's artwork are by far my favorite out of all the ones done for the TTT2 cast.
I just have a lot of bad habits that I need to get rid of, and learning the capo match because I am getting bodied so hard by them.

Dereck

I just have a lot of bad habits that I need to get rid of, and learning the capo match because I am getting bodied so hard by them.
There needs to be a way that I can flush all of my Tekken playing experience away, so that I can relearn the game entirely with all of my old stupid habits gone.

I use b+3,2 as TA filler for Bruce. I believe it's his most versatile 2 hit TA filler. I use b+4,3,4 for three hits but whether or not you can get an ender off that depends on your partner.

I didn't know b+3 had an extension. I'll try that.

Is there a place I can see those tournament matches that recently aired?

Thanks for the art, now I really hope for those figures!

Should all be here: http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/videos?kind=past_broadcasts

Manbig

Keep in mind that they can't sidestep normally. Add relaxed/handstand to the mix and you have a matchup where the flow of offense plays out completely differently than anyone else.

Learn when they can transition into handstand and how you can punish that properly, like their b1,4 series.

Speaking of b1,4. That's a NCc string that goes into the low for an absurd amount of damage. I think it's about 14f and counter hit confirmable. To avoid being randomed out, learn the ins and outs of this series and how to punish every option.

Learn your best punisher for b3,3

Watch out for that low slide into relaxed. It's a move they have out of running and can do instantly, like Shining Wizard or Drag Haymaker.

I don't know how Lili's lows are on block, but if you have a low that's -13 on block and keeps you standing, you're going to get hurt badly by them. If you have one around that range on block that leaves you crouching though, it's probably the better choice for your go to low poke.

Unusual how my offline matches are the complete opposite of this. It'll be mad silent b/c we're too busy and invested in a psychological battle. It's crazy how intense this game gets offline.

Edit: The more I watch Jin play, the more I think I should be making him my secondary over Anna. I'll definitely get early rage at least.

Jin as your secondary over your deadly, tricky Anna?? Hmmm......that could be interesting. I think Jin is a good character to use and I find him fairly easy to play. He seems to work pretty well with Nina. I think he is more of a spacing/zoning and defensive type of character with good poking tools. One of the only weaknesses he seems to have is I can't find any safe, 100% reliable launchers with him. Could just me though. Doesn't hurt trying him out.

Sayah

In case anyone missed it, Aris was practicing with Nina on stream, he goes over some interesting things with her that I never knew (thanks to Jimmy as well). Check it out if you guys haven't:

http://www.twitch.tv/avoidingthepuddle/b/385090502

Thanks for this. I will have to watch it later.

Jin as your secondary over your deadly, tricky Anna?? Hmmm......that could be interesting. I think Jin is a good character to use and I find him fairly easy to play. He seems to work pretty well with Nina. I think he is more of a spacing/zoning and defensive type of character with good poking tools. One of the only weaknesses he seems to have is I can't find any safe, 100% reliable launchers with him. Could just me though. Doesn't hurt trying him out.

Jin is great for pokes. I spent a lot of time with him in practice. He's a great match for Nina because she gets early rage from him. And their specific tag grab is really cool.

But the downside with Jin is his low juggle damage. Plus, I can't land ewgf's. Usually succeed with them every 1 out of 20 tries. lol

As far as launchers go, u/f+4 seems safe (or at least I think it is). Probably can be punished with 1,2 punches on block but that's not significant damage.

Edit: Watching the Aris tutorial and he also said he gets electrics one out of 20 times. Interesting that our ratios match up.

Edit 2: Right now, I"m just seeing him trying to do flapping butterfly combo over and over again. I've pretty much given up on that combo. I can do it in practice but in an actual match? nooooope.

AAK

All hopkick animation moves in this game -13 or worse in this game (moves like orbital heel while having the same notation don't count). So some characters can get some juicy damage on you. Jin especially has the most damaging jab punisher in the game with 2,f+4 I believe it is. But at -13, so many character can get some good damage, Julia gets her b+2,1+2, Aking/kings ge ttheir b+1,2's, kazuya can technically get a PEWGF.

Sayah

Aris did not enjoy spectating Final Round. There were a lot of combo drops/mistakes for sure. And he was comparing it to T6. I think increased combo drops in TTT2 is probably due to the increased pressure in TTT2. You have to play two characters and deal with the new netsu metagame. There's a lot more craziness going on. Plus, there's always tourney nerves. And then there's also the revamped input system in Tag 2. In T6, I did Nina's qcf+1 and could easily do d/f+1 right after. In TTT2, I have to time the d/f+1 exactly right. Same with Anna. From her CH qcf+1, I could just do u/f+3 right away in T6. In TTT2, I have to time it right. And I notice my f+3,2 bounds missing with Anna sometimes for no reason and often costing me a round. In T6, I barely made combo mistakes. Not the same with TTT2.

All hopkick animation moves in this game -13 or worse in this game (moves like orbital heel while having the same notation don't count). So some characters can get some juicy damage on you. Jin especially has the most damaging jab punisher in the game with 2,f+4 I believe it is. But at -13, so many character can get some good damage, Julia gets her b+2,1+2, Aking/kings ge ttheir b+1,2's, kazuya can technically get a PEWGF.

So it's not that safe after all. I guess Jin has to rely more so on getting counter hits then from moves like u/f+2, for instance. All his other launchers aren't really all that safe.

Top Bottom