• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

AAK

Aaaaaaand Tekken is done :( Maybe we'll see some more Tekken at the end of the day for top 32 hopefully. And if we do get it, it will most probably be on FunkyP's stream.

AAK

I hope Kane made it out, I want some Lili.

I have some bad news for you.

He overslept and missed his pool, hence he is disqualified. Pretty sad, he arrived in Atlanta extremely late past midnight and his pool was early morning the next day.

But congrats on the yellow rank :) You're only one tier below Sayah and I's brown rank.

Manbig

KOR was humbled by the flash.

lmao Derrick ran gimmick city on him. There a link to watch this yet?

Devil Himself is not a bad player by any means, but he's not quite on that elite status. He's just one of those players that runs gimmicks and goes for broke on sidestep into launches and it's easy to fall for that if you're not prepared no matter how good of a player you are.

Simply put, if it looks like he has a good read, it's really more like he randomly guessed and you fell for his typical patterns.

AAK

lmao Derrick ran gimmick city on him. There a link to watch this yet?

Devil Himself is not a bad player by any means, but he's not quite on that elite status. He's just one of those players that runs gimmicks and goes for broke on sidestep into launches and it's easy to fall for that if you're not prepared no matter how good of a player you are.

Simply put, if it looks like he has a good read, it's really more like he randomly guessed and you fell for his typical patterns.

Found it:

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/384333611/?t=4h44m33s

Pachimari

Getting super frustrated losing most of my matches in ranked online setting my search at +2!!! =;(

Yet I'll never quit my beloved Tekken.

I'm super bad with my arcade stick as well.

I'm primarily using Forest Law and changing my secondary from everyone from Bruce, Michelle, Kunimitsu, Asuka, JayCee etc.

AAK

https://twitter.com/reepal/status/318118335046885376

RunItBlack made it out winners. Then talked trash as Pokchop didnt get out, then Pokchop went to kill him and ppl restrained Pok. They coo

Pokchop didn't even make it out of Losers??? Need to find out who did.

EDIT: And Tera sorry, looking at Rip's twitter it looks like Kane woke up in time to get his matches in the Loser's bracket. He's still in the tournament!

Haven't played Tekken for almost a year now, I think I'm ready to get back into it.

Any EU people want to play tomorrow?

From that Finland tournament stream, those guys are insanely good at the game. You should try to see where some of those guys live and try to get some offline sessions with them.

Pokchop didn't even make it out of Losers??? Need to find out who did.

EDIT: And Tera sorry, looking at Rip's twitter it looks like Kane woke up in time to get his matches in the Loser's bracket. He's still in the tournament!

From that Finland tournament stream, those guys are insanely good at the game. You should try to see where some of those guys live and try to get some offline sessions with them.

That's good, it would have been a total waste if he missed his pool completely.

GrayFoxPL

I hope Kane made it out, I want some Lili.

Edit: In other news, I AM YELLOW RANKED.

Congrats!

Getting super frustrated losing most of my matches in ranked online setting my search at +2!!! =;(

Yet I'll never quit my beloved Tekken.

I'm super bad with my arcade stick as well.

I'm primarily using Forest Law and changing my secondary from everyone from Bruce, Michelle, Kunimitsu, Asuka, JayCee etc.

I had a bad day too.

Don't know why was I even playing. My head hurt and I felt dizzy but you know: TEKKEN it's like gamblers addiction. I keep saying to myself "I lose one more and I quit for today! Finito!" and that like 30 times. Got my two characters demoted 2 ranks down each.
I get it back next time, lol.

AAK

This sucks we are missing so many epic matches.

Rip is out, Rickstah is out, Kane is out, JustFrameJames is in Losers, EBM is in Losers. Incognito, Kayyal, and RunitBlack are still in Winners. Majin sends anakin to losers. Jdcr sends knee to losers. Weaponx out.

All from Rip's twitter.

AAK

justframejames puts Jody our of the tournament. fighting GM puts runitblack in losers 3-1.Fernando puts obscure in losers.

Deps

Sad none of the matches were streamed, most of them sound MUCH more interesting than anything we had in pools or 5v5.

Doomshine

Looks like Tekken is starting up on Spooky's channel again.

Shame I have to go to bed, but I'll sleep well knowing that the children in the other thread are crying about it.

Because he's not trash? He's a bit of a choke artist in tournaments, but he's very far from trash.

Also, ugh... Zero the Shadow on commentary? Worse than the ATL guys.

I just like to joke around about The Game because of the infamous game is trash vid. That was an epic choke though against JDCR.

So, what does a lowly peasant such as myself have to do to see this Vday pic?

DEATH™

I just like to joke around about The Game because of the infamous game is trash vid. That was an epic choke though against JDCR.

So, what does a lowly peasant such as myself have to do to see this Vday pic?

Yeah me interested too..l

Maybe I can buy Kadey a Crown stick or something...

Fraeon

Most of the really good Tekken players live in Pori but there are people in Turku, Oulu, Joensuu, Riihimäki and Helsinki who rep the game as well.

Tough shit for me since I don't live anywhere near those places so I'm stuck with playing the same 2 people + online but you can add my PSN (Fraelynn) so that we can have some matches going.

Unfortunately, I missed the entire tournament today. :(

I am experimenting with a lot of new characters to add some diversity to my Williams' arsenal. So far I am messing with King again, Bruce, Michelle and Zafina again in addition to my slightly pitiful Miguel, questionable Jin and terrible Jaycee lol. Seems like King and Nina are a decent match for each other. Bruce and Nina seems to be pretty compatible also. Trying to memorize all of these character's moves, combos, strings, tag combos, juggles, etc can be extremely strenuous, so I am mostly concentrating on two new characters for now. Any recommendations for good teams out of the characters I named and any that can pair up well with Anna or Nina?

Dereck

Why is there a Tekken 5 Marshall Law in that one stage, that's very bizarre.

.....That JFJ comeback against ObscureDarkness

maomaoIYP

Picked this up today!
wp000134g.jpg
It really does have all the illustrations he did for TTT2. Would love this for a bishoujo figure.
Likewise all the illustrations for the marvel bishoujo figures are there too, as well as some that aren't figures yet.

Top Bottom