• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Doomshine

DEATH™;69035941 said:
You can't talk about anything in OT... like seriously...

it's not worth it with all the snitching...

Maybe it was a self-inflicted ban :p

Gonna be taking a bit of a break from gaming this next month. I need to focus on some things I've been neglecting for far too long. Sucks that I have this discipline/self control problem... See you guys online in about a month :)

Dereck

I'm predicting a lot of dropped combos due to over excitement, walls, balcony breaks, floor breaks, off-axis combos, and off-axis wall splats at EVO. I don't want to see it.

Online seemed more active than ever today. Not sure why I had so much trouble finding matches last week.

Finally figured out how to incorporate Anna's judgement stance. And the hate mail is flowing in. :lol Judgement d+3,3 has to be the most obnoxious low in the game.

Now to work on her full crouch game.
Love doing the mids from CJM since everyone expects the low.

DEATH™

:mad:

I still am too weak to SS that stuff...
------------
941220_530570970325202_1769020102_n.jpg

Sayah, Fernando's scared of you lol

--------

It's also only getting 2 hours of stream time overall I think.

Which is pretty frustrating. MK9 got even the lowest entrants but still get that spotlight. All of that "Tekken community needs to show up" stuff is not their right to say when that thing happens...

6008.gif

Manbig

DEATH™;69211091 said:

------------

--------

Which is pretty frustrating. MK9 got even the lowest entrants but still get that spotlight. All of that "Tekken community needs to show up" stuff is not their right to say when that thing happens...

6008.gif

Like I said in the Smash thread, the Tekken community deserves this shit. Regardless of how fair the MK spotlight is, they didn't fucking show up for a game that isn't even a year old. Complete bullshit no matter how you look at it.

DEATH™

Like I said in the Smash thread, the Tekken community deserves this shit. Regardless of how fair the MK spotlight is, they didn't fucking show up for a game that isn't even a year old. Complete bullshit no matter how you look at it.

Wha? C'mon now, at least put the TTT2 Finals on Sat, even just on the morning. You don't blame the customers (in this case, the players), to not buy your product (go to your tournament) if you keep giving them bad product (announcing bad schedules, and the side-tourney treatment thoughout the pre EVO tourneys). Sorry, but I understand too that when I'm gonna o to a tourney that I probably have slim chance of making profit (winning), at least I better have a good time, and they made it pretty clear that we won't have a excellent experience going in that tourney and we are basically told to have to pick up the scraps and make something out of it as a community. Sorry, if that's the case, MIGHT AS WELL THE COMMUNITY MAKE THEIR OWN TOURNEY.

P.S. I'm just royally pissed right now due to EVO not giving TTT2 even just a little bit of spot when they announced that Smash won't be streamed... sucks for both communities...

DEATH was probably using King. Thus the implication of being Mexican.

Just the whole comment is hilarious. "Dirty Illegal Immigrant Mexican Lows and Throws" hahahahaha
King is Messican? Wut?

I would guess it's because of this post. They're pretty much no nonsense over in OT.
What was so bad about that? I guess I gotta put the whole thing into context.

DEATH™;69035941 said:
You can't talk about anything in OT... like seriously...

it's not worth it with all the snitching...
HAHAHAHA!!! WTF!?!?! Snitches on a forum? What kinda lame fuck would snitch on a forum? Pathetic.

But in all seriousness... People snitch on GAF?

King is Messican? Wut?

What was so bad about that? I guess I gotta put the whole thing into context.

HAHAHAHA!!! WTF!?!?! Snitches on a forum? What kinda lame fuck would snitch on a forum? Pathetic.

But in all seriousness... People snitch on GAF?

Yeah, people like to backseat mod here. Pretty juvenile when they can't take obvious jokes seriously.

Sayah

Online seemed more active than ever today. Not sure why I had so much trouble finding matches last week.

Finally figured out how to incorporate Anna's judgement stance. And the hate mail is flowing in. :lol Judgement d+3,3 has to be the most obnoxious low in the game.

Now to work on her full crouch game.

d+3,3 is crrrraaazy great. One of my absolute favorite lows in the game. I can only imagine how annoyed people must get against that move.

Also, just know/learn all of Anna's moves that can be cancelled into/transition into judgment stance. They include:

f+3, b
WS 3, b
d/f+1,2,3, b
d/f+3,1, b

Once you get those mixups going, Anna becomes one of the most fun to use characters in the game.

Also, you can do other transitions. For instance, you can d/b+1 and that will lead you into crouch. From there you can do 50/50 mixup including WS 2 or FC d/f+2. You can also do d/b+1,1 or d/b+1,4 instead of cancelling into full crouch or while standing moves.

One other note: From FC d/f+2, you have to press d/f+4,1 for Anna's attack to connect. You can not press d+4,1, it has to be d/f+4,1. Just an extra thing that you should know while playing Anna if you don't already know it.

DEATH™;69060491 said:
Just a note, He got a bow and arrow (FC df+4,3) which is very good, and a Deathfist (which is not as strong as Paul's, but still does respectable damage, and good enough to be a whiff punisher...

EDIT also, SAYAH, BOUTDOWN, DEGEN AND OTHERS, BUY THIS STICK

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006EJ38W8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

only $70 now... no reason to not buy...

and while you're at it, buy a K-stick too...

I've got $16,000 + travel/food to pay for the Fall semester. Don't think I'm gonna be buying much for some time now. :(

Sayah

King is Messican? Wut?

Yep
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_(Tekken)
DEATH™;69211091 said:

------------

I'm a substitute, lol. Oh well.

DEATH™;69211091 said:

6008.gif

I believe this already got mentioned but more entrants =/= more stream time at EVO. MK9 being our current example.

I also already said this in the FGW thread but I don't blame Namco for not money-hatting at EVO. If you recall, they had shown a three minute TTT2 trailer at EVO last year before UMvC3 finals and got a really disgusting negative reaction (from stream monsters/forums at least) just for taking up three minutes of their time with Tekken content. Add to that the general hostility towards Tekken streams at Capcom game and player dominated events and (I'M ASSUMING), as a result, Namco didn't see the value in promoting their games at EVO. They will find other venues and I'm not in complete disagreement with that approach.

Yes. Hopkick out of nowhere or butt slammed into the wall. Too good.

d+3,3 is crrrraaazy great. One of my absolute favorite lows in the game. I can only imagine how annoyed people must get against that move.

Also, just know/learn all of Anna's moves that can be cancelled into/transition into judgment stance. They include:

f+3, b
WS 3, b
d/f+1,2,3, b
d/f+3,1, b

Once you get those mixups going, Anna becomes one of the most fun to use characters in the game.

Also, you can do other transitions. For instance, you can d/b+1 and that will lead you into crouch. From there you can do 50/50 mixup including WS 2 or FC d/f+2. You can also do d/b+1,1 or d/b+1,4 instead of cancelling into full crouch or while standing moves.

One other note: From FC d/f+2, you have to press d/f+4,1 for Anna's attack to connect. You can not press d+4,1, it has to be d/f+4,1. Just an extra thing that you should know while playing Anna if you don't already know it.

I didn't know about d/f+3,1 b. I'll have to remember that. I like doing d/b+3+4 into WS 3, b too.

Sometimes I find that after doing moves that leave Anna in crouch, she'll be slightly off axis and the FC d/f+2 will whiff.

That stance also has some sort of parry built in I think. I'm not sure how it works though.

Sayah

Yes. Hopkick out of nowhere or butt slammed into the wall. Too good.

I didn't know about d/f+3,1 b. I'll have to remember that. I like doing d/b+3+4 into WS 3, b too.

Sometimes I find that after doing moves that leave Anna in crouch, she'll be slightly off axis and the FC d/f+2 will whiff.

That stance also has some sort of parry built in I think. I'm not sure how it works though.

I don't use d/b+3,4 all that much to be honest.

And yeah, CAT stance will automatically counter any grabs or lows (depending on the timing of course). But it's particularly useful against lows. If you can read your opponent and correctly predict when they'll do a low (especially lows used as poking tools), you'll get a free launcher by going into chaos judgment. One of the best stances in the game IMO especially since you can transition into all her qcf attacks from it as well.

Yeah, people like to backseat mod here. Pretty juvenile when they can't take obvious jokes seriously.
I've noticed several people tell me that I wont last long here. I apparantely "shitted" on SSMB in the some other thread and people got all fucken pissed and are calling for my head. I didnt even use foul language. I just compared SSMB to Miley Cyrrus. There are some sensitive little pricks around these parts. I can be very blunt when I communicate, and sometimes people react very defensively.

But yeah, I think I've seen some of the snitches here on GAF.

DEATH™;69231496 said:
Yes... I saw one before my eyes.

RIP ZTS

Wut or who is a ZTS?

ZeroTheShadow on Tekken Zaibatsu I think.

ZTS on neogaf. But his stay here was short lived thanks to snitching.

Damn. This is bad. I really appreciate all u guys shooting the shit with me. I just cant believe that the greatest fighting game EVAR.... EVAR!!!!

Has only friday at Evo. it is, What it is.

It sucks.

DEATH™

#teamMILF

Edit: ^this can be the new gaf team name

I don't play with any MILF... so I might not be able to qualify...

Oh wait I play Michelle... I'm in!

I remember when everyone thought Paul was his dad.

Wha?

Damn. This is bad. I really appreciate all u guys shooting the shit with me. I just cant believe that the greatest fighting game EVAR.... EVAR!!!!

Has only friday at Evo. it is, What it is.

It sucks.

Lol

The hell is happening in this thread?

What's different?

Finally got to max rank on Tekken Revolution so I'm gonna put that aside.

Anybody going to Evo down for matches on Thursday? I'm flying in in the afternoon and should probably play some Tekken before getting too hammered.

DEATH™

Finally got to max rank on Tekken Revolution so I'm gonna put that aside.

Anybody going to Evo down for matches on Thursday? I'm flying in in the afternoon and should probably play some Tekken before getting too hammered.

Not me right now... I think devastator is coming so you can PM him.

But also, try to talk around with other peeps like Aris and tell him I want to go to his podcast Kappa

TheWriter

So my hard studied air juggles sometimes don't work, although they should 100 %. It's the BnB (don't laugh), and I'm not messing up the timing. But some of the hits just miss sometimes and the combo is over. This happens when the enemy moves to the side in the air, which theoretically should not happen. At least give me a fighting chance, game, instead of ruining everything I learned so far. Bound? Air juggled? Kiss my metal behind, enemies can just fall out of combos.
And don't get me started on Alisas useless 10 hit string. Why is it called a combo again? It says combo in the move list, but it's not. It can be ducked, interrupted, blocked. Why is that term in there? It's a simple string, no?
I know I'm ranting again and I'm sorry for that, but it's either that or eating my controller.

And don't get me started on Angels combo, d/f 1,2 , b 4,1 , d/f 1+2 , d/b 4,3. d/f 1+2 for instance hits Jin all the time, but smaller characters? No chance. Another combo ruined.
How does one learn all those parameters, those ten dozen different things that can or cannot work?
God, I really want to learn all this stuff, but it's so exhausting. Every good thing I learn is being obliterated by randomness and/or missing knowledge that has to be gathered throughout the years.

So my hard studied air juggles sometimes don't work, although they should 100 %. It's the BnB (don't laugh), and I'm not messing up the timing. But some of the hits just miss sometimes and the combo is over. This happens when the enemy moves to the side in the air, which theoretically should not happen. At least give me a fighting chance, game, instead of ruining everything I learned so far. Bound? Air juggled? Kiss my metal behind, enemies can just fall out of combos.
And don't get me started on Alisas useless 10 hit string. Why is it called a combo again? It says combo in the move list, but it's not. It can be ducked, interrupted, blocked. Why is that term in there? It's a simple string, no?
I know I'm ranting again and I'm sorry for that, but it's either that or eating my controller.

And don't get me started on Angels combo, d/f 1,2 , b 4,1 , d/f 1+2 , d/b 4,3. d/f 1+2 for instance hits Jin all the time, but smaller characters? No chance. Another combo ruined.
How does one learn all those parameters, those ten dozen different things that can or cannot work?
God, I really want to learn all this stuff, but it's so exhausting. Every good thing I learn is being obliterated by randomness and/or missing knowledge that has to be gathered throughout the years.

Character specific combos are too much to remember starting out. Hell, there are plenty of top players that don't bother with character specific combos. Just do something basic that does good damage and optimize it as you get more comfortable with your characters and executing with them. Getting the first hit is the most important part after all.

As far as the practice thing goes, yeah the combo counter in there is misleading. To test if something is a "real" combo, set your dummy action 1 to Stand and action 2 to Guard All. If a part of the string is blockable then they will block it. Then test it on counterhit, since some strings only combo on counterhit.

And don't rely on 10-hit strings. Pleeeeasse. You can gimmick your way into a few wins with them when the opponent doesn't know how to deal with it, but they're not good. Some characters 10-hit string have some utility up to a certain point though, 3-5 hits usually.

Doomshine

It all depends on the angle, ideally you should have a combo that works from most front angles and another combo adjusted for side and back.

I've played Tekken for 15 years and still don't know a single 10-hit. I know how to block and punish most of them but don't know how to a single full one.

As for your Angel combo. d/f 1,2 , b 4,1 , d/f 1+2 , d/b 4,3 does work on all sized characters. The d/f 1+2 after is actually a follow up attack that punishes wake-up moves and certain rolls.

DEATH™;69444026 said:
Not me right now... I think devastator is coming so you can PM him.

But also, try to talk around with other peeps like Aris and tell him I want to go to his podcast Kappa
Hammered Tekken is no good. I cant play Tekken at all when I'm shit faced.

U guys remember When Steve was Dean Earwicker? The Tekken team is so weird.

10 hits would be wayyy too good if you couldn't interrupt them. Just don't bother with those at all. They're lame and it's not fun to play against someone who abuses them.

Sometimes if you land a launcher from a weird angle, the character will be off axis and some combos won't work. If you can tell when this happens, just do the bound early for a smaller combo. It's better than nothing. Same with small characters like Xiaoyu if you know the combo won't work.

It's very easy to modify your combos during a match once you're familiar with your character's movelist.

I haven't been able to put much time into this game because of summer school :(

Actually I've gotten more offline versus play than spending time in training mode, which is what I really need to do. And I'm pretty sure I'm going to miss Tekken at Evo, due to when the time slot is and the small amount of time it's being streamed. I think SCV got more decent treatment last year than this going to get.

DEATH™;69739126 said:
I still suck... fought with Famicom and I got beat... I still panic a lot... there's too much dropped combos on my part and missed opportunities... dumb stuff too that I shouldn't miss...

GGs though to famicom..

If dropped combos are still a problem for you at this stage, stop all online play and hit training mode.

DEATH™

If dropped combos are still a problem for you at this stage, stop all online play and hit training mode.

Yeah... going there 30 minutes everytime I got a chance to play... So far, practicing with BDC (which I'm still awful when panicked) and wall combos... At times I panic too much that I don't notice there's a wall nearby. I don't think just going to practice mode will solve this since all my problem is everything I practiced isn't in game pace. I either need to play with an online buddy or cpu...

Dereck

Probably gonna be in practice mode, practicing strictly off-axis, and upside down flipped juggles, I need practice on those.

Top Bottom