• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Manbig

Anyone want to help me learn the game better after EVO is over? :3

and by learn I mean just beat my ass :D

I've been on an extended break on this game, but I'll probably get back into it after EVO. Feel free to hit me up on PSN. Tag is MannyBiggz.

Who are your mains?

Asuka player who does nothing but throw and parry.

*waits for the parry so I can punish*

*gets thrown*

*gets tired of being thrown and presses a button*

*gets parried*

I mean. I'm beating him but am I winning? He's just playing a regular game of Tekken the only way he knows how and I'm over here seething with rage. I guess it's time to learn how to break throws.

Manbig

*gets thrown*

*gets parried*

I mean. I'm beating him but am I winning? He's just playing a regular game of Tekken the only way he knows how and I'm over here seething with rage. I guess it's time to learn how to break throws.

Yes learn how to break throws, but do your characters have elbows, knees, shoulders, or headbutts in their arsenal? Because none of those can be countered by Asuka.

Doomshine

*gets thrown*

*gets parried*

EDIT: damn you Manny.

What character do you use? Chances are you have great elbow/knee/headbutt she can't parry... or you could always buffer a chicken every time.

Yes learn how to break throws, but do your characters have elbows, knees, shoulders, or headbutts in their arsenal? Because none of those can be countered by Asuka.

I know which moves can't be parried. So I just have to ignore 90% of my movelist when I face a parry happy Asuka/Jun? I'm glad these characters aren't anywhere near as popular here as they apparently are in America.

I should practice chickening as well.

Manbig

I know which moves can't be parried. So I just have to ignore 90% of my movelist when I face a parry happy Asuka/Jun? I'm glad these characters aren't anywhere near as popular here as they apparently are in America.

I should practice chickening as well.

Well it's not just that. She's wide open to being thrown and getting hit with incredibly slow lows. Pretty much everyone in the game has a great option to punish her very hard in this situation. It's nowhere near as hard to deal with as you think it is.

Well it's not just that. She's wide open to being thrown and getting hit with incredibly slow lows. Pretty much everyone in the game has a great option to punish her very hard in this situation. It's nowhere near as hard to deal with as you think it is.

Punishing it isn't the problem. I'm playing William's so the whole pressure/poke game goes out the window. And when I'm not doing any of that stuff, I can't stop him from throwing me. He had it down to an art I tell you.

Manbig

Punishing it isn't the problem. I'm playing William's so the whole pressure/poke game goes out the window. And when I'm not doing any of that stuff, I can't stop him from throwing me. He had it down to an art I tell you.

This is the nature of match ups. You can't just approach every character the same exact way. And honestly, the counter is just a giant gimmick, so it shouldn't necessarily stop you from running your game. It is very low reward for insanely high risk. You just have to make them pay a few times. If they don't stop whoring it out, you keep doing the same thing to punish it.

This is the nature of match ups. You can't just approach every character the same exact way. And honestly, the counter is just a giant gimmick, so it shouldn't necessarily stop you from running your game. It is very low reward for insanely high risk. You just have to make them pay a few times. If they don't stop whoring it out, you keep doing the same thing to punish it.

Yeah, the problem isn't necessarily dealing with it, it's just that dealing with it saps the fun out of the game when that's all they do. I completely understand.

I went 2-2 at evo. 3-2 if you count the DQ. My first match played was on a super laggy PS3. Mateo played on it earlier and was complaining of lag but I thought he was just salty, turns out it really was laggy. It couldnt do shit, it looked like I never played Tekken before. I played well in losers though and came close in my last match against a Creddy player. If i won that set I was only 2 wins away from making it out of pools. I had fun though, my goal was not to go 0-2 and I accomplished that. later y'all I gotta get back to watch the rest of tekken.

Sayah

I went 2-2 at evo. 3-2 if you count the DQ. My first match played was on a super laggy PS3. Mateo played on it earlier and was complaining of lag but I thought he was just salty, turns out it really was laggy. It couldnt do shit, it looked like I never played Tekken before. I played well in losers though and came close in my last match against a Creddy player. If i won that set I was only 2 wins away from making it out of pools. I had fun though, my goal was not to go 0-2 and I accomplished that. later y'all I gotta get back to watch the rest of tekken.

Niiiiiiiice.

How is the population online on the wii u version? Or should i rather get the ps3 version for active online play?

Get the PS3 version since that's where most people are playing.
Unless you don't care about online play. Then, Wii U version is probably best thanks to the extra features.

Manbig

Not surprised that Nin lost to that team. Lack of matchup knowledge was one of his obvious weakpoints coming into this game.

Not gonna lie, I had tears in my eyes during that top 8, the energy in the building was awesome. Hopefully TTT2 makes it back next year. I'm bout to learn Ogre.Tag buffer Jun attack reversal with dat frame advantage and go for wanning moon = dirty.

Also super important info, ZTS is like 4 feet tall.

The IEG stream is/was terrible. They should just delete the archives. Ouch.

JFJ was in top 8, who outplaced RIP, Aris, and other big names. Very impressed, but it's negated by the fact that he panic switched to Hwoarang .... WTF man. So much respect for sticking to Law/Yoshi and that last minute move just kinda tells me what he really thinks about Yoshi, IMO.

Oh well, not the first time I've seen him try to win by dumping Yoshi for Hwo. But still, points lost. I guess when you're a fan of a char and you see a player get far with him, only to toss him aside for whatever, it's hard to like.

Overall, I hope Tekken pushes to the front for next EVO. Squished into a rushed, all day event may be ok for a low turnout, but I think it dampened the quality. I'm sure there was some good footage on that IEG stream, but who could tell.

CDV13

I want this game. After playing Revolution i realized I miss Tekken 6. If the online is still highly active I will spend the extra money for this.

Easy to find matches online?

Also, how is the network stability for the most part? I remember T6 being awful.

Sayah

I caught up with the archives for Tekken finals. Really amazing play all around. True Ogre/Jinpachi team is a beast.

I also can never understand why people sidestep instead of ducking rocket arms. Sidestep doesn't always guarantee safety for whatever reason.

I want this game. After playing Revolution i realized I miss Tekken 6. If the online is still highly active I will spend the extra money for this.

Easy to find matches online?

Also, how is the network stability for the most part? I remember T6 being awful.

Online is solid. 20 steps ahead of Tekken 6. And it's very active.

braves01

Banned
I got around to watching finals yesterday. Bronson was really fun to watch due to the boss team and how animated he got between games hyping up the crowd. I'm not surprised Knee won, however, having seen him stream now a bit on greentekken at twitch. He's pretty good.

GrayFoxPL

I got around to watching finals yesterday. Bronson was really fun to watch due to the boss team and how animated he got between games hyping up the crowd. I'm not surprised Knee won, however, having seen him stream now a bit on greentekken at twitch. He's pretty good.

Knee pretty good? He's on top since Tekken 5. He's a machine.

Sayah

DEATH™;70831751 said:
Don't Stop trying, cause the more you try the easier it becomes...

Take a guess who's Tekken player is this kid...

Yes, it's SpeedKicks...

Tekken players excel in life confirmed Kappa

Excellent. A lot of props to him. I've come across him online a few times and he's very skilled. Crazy pressure with Jin/Hwoarang.

The primary reason I play Tekken/other fighters is b/c they're good with testing out your mental capacities (reflexes, creativity, strategies, setups, etc). And it's the primary reason I'm still playing games, I guess.

Does anyone know if the soundtrack for the console version of this game is out? I enjoy the music in this game even though I don't usually listen to wub wub wub.

Also watching Bronson has made me more interested in Jinpachi. I messed around with him in training last night and seems like a lot of fun.

Manbig

DEATH™;70831751 said:
Don't Stop trying, cause the more you try the easier it becomes...

Take a guess who's Tekken player is this kid...

Yes, it's SpeedKicks...

Tekken players excel in life confirmed Kappa

Took me a while to realize what you were even saying here. :p

But yeah, him saying that he wants to quit competing for school makes a whole lot more sense now. Ain't no money or glory in Tekken. That kid has way more good to do in the world!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Let's get a lobby going tonight. And if anybody doesn't know already, my twitch account was nuked. So I have a new place for now.

Sayah

Does anyone know if the soundtrack for the console version of this game is out? I enjoy the music in this game even though I don't usually listen to wub wub wub.

Also watching Bronson has made me more interested in Jinpachi. I messed around with him in training last night and seems like a lot of fun.

I believe there was a soundtrack CD for the We are Tekken edition of TTT2 but it only released in Europe/Japan, not North America. :/

This was also released in Japan, I think.
http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2013/5/17/tekken-tag-tournament-2-ost-plus-to-be-released.html

Unless you are looking for a digital soundtrack. I already bought all the music and movies for TTT2 on PSN. Would be nice if I had a way to transfer it all over to my phone or something.

Edit:

If you haven't already, listen to these remixes as well. You might like them.

Intro Massive Mix - Busy P 1999 remix

What You Will See - Benton Remix

Night Falls - Logistics Remix

I believe there was a soundtrack CD for the We are Tekken edition of TTT2 but it only released in Europe/Japan, not North America. :/

This was also released in Japan, I think.
http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2013/5/17/tekken-tag-tournament-2-ost-plus-to-be-released.html

Unless you are looking for a digital soundtrack. I already bought all the music and movies for TTT2 on PSN. Would be nice if I had a way to transfer it all over to my phone or something.

Edit:

If you haven't already, listen to these remixes as well. You might like them.

Intro Massive Mix - Busy P 1999 remix

What You Will See - Benton Remix

Night Falls - Logistics Remix

I wanted something to save on my computer so I can listen to the soundtrack while I work. Wish that it was released in NA. Thanks for the info Sayah.

Top Bottom