• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

AAK

DEATH™;103148096 said:
As much as AK f2,1 is a good move, it's not something can say that's spammable everytime now, as when opponents get back on the wall, people are looking out for it (Look, online players are already duck punishing me for it lol). Also it doesn't necessarily track, but most of the time we press f first before pressing the 2, which pretty much realign. Which is a good thing.

Oh no by no means do I imply that they are abusable... but good God is it hard to punish incoming characters when they're besides the wall. Having something consistent and doing massive damage is just too good of an asset to avoid. Leo has something like u.f+1,2, Hwoarang has RFF f+2,b+4 and such but they are way too unreliable depending on the knockdown position your opponent changing the trajectory of the incoming character. But Law for example can almost always punish it with b+4,3.

DEATH™

I can finally say this confidently...

I can finally wavedash with King...

I wish I knew the real notation before hurting my wrist doing awkward movements. Now I gotta be careful or my wrist gets screwed bad...

sasuke_91

Connection seems a lot better lately. I don't get disconnects anymore and was playing boutdown with no lag at 1-2 bar connection. I got disconnected once, but other than that, no problems.

GGs boutdown, I noticed how easily you could sidestep my attacks and launch me with Lee. Pretty cool^^

Dereck

Most of the moves out of savage stance are either extremely telegraphed or extremely useless.

BTW, I think Lee, Law, Miguel, Bob, Bryan is my limit.

Most of the moves out of savage stance are either extremely telegraphed or extremely useless.

BTW, I think Lee, Law, Miguel, Bob, Bryan is my limit.

I guess now that I know half his moves transition into savage, it'll be easier to defend against his pokes. It makes his combos pretty fun though.

I think 5 characters is enough too. Anna, Nina, Feng, Ganryu and Leo are my mains. As soon as I tried to pick up Wang, I forgot everything about Leo.

GrayFoxPL

Lately I've seen netcode rollback effect in Tag 2. Like 2 times in 2 recent weeks. Previously I've seen it only 2 times over years. But today it was big.

I did ws+2 with Kazuya, it hit then damage and hit effect was rolled back to opponent blocking. Looked like a glitch. You can see rollback on health bars all the time, but affecting real animation frames is rare.

Rhazer stop using Miguel's launch punishable/unsafe strings.

That's about it.

Thanks man. I'll try to work on that. Good games. I noticed I got punished everytime I tried that triple punch combo after the savage stance. I did it several times also tonight. Please do not ask me what I was thinking about. Honestly, I wasn't playing like my normal self tonight. Your Lees are definitely improving. That wall combo/juggle you pulled out in our final fight was frightening. Good stuff.

Dereck

I noticed I got punished everytime I tried that triple punch combo after the savage stance.
That string is only useful if you're trying to counter hit confirm. I would never do the last unless you know that the person you're playing against isn't familiar with it.

SS 1,2,1, you can SS out of SS 1, or SS 1,2. So you could do a mixup with that string, for me though I suck at SS, and I'm too slow so I just end up getting interrupted or launched.

df 1,1,2 is unsafe

That string is only useful if you're trying to counter hit confirm. I would never do the last unless you know that the person you're playing against isn't familiar with it.

SS 1,2,1, you can SS out of SS 1, or SS 1,2. So you could do a mixup with that string, for me though I suck at SS, and I'm too slow so I just end up getting interrupted or launched.

df 2,2,2 is unsafe

Ah ok. Thanks for the advice. I suck at SS also, but I'll mess around with those options.

Almost everything out of Savage Stance is pretty fun to use (and abuse if the opponent lets you get away with it), but generally there are better ways to accomplish the same things with Miguel's other moves. I feel that going into the stance itself applies sort of a mental pressure on the opponent, and you can gauge what your best options are from it depending on how they react to the stance and/or whatever move you choose to do from it.

For example, if I use u/f+1 and the opponent blocks it, my goto option is SAV 1,1 since it's safe on block, difficult to step and uninterruptible by highs and mids (because of the frame advantage from a blocked u/f+1). If they step by habit, you could use SAV 4 which is a homing move. If they try crouch jab you out of the stance then you can use u/f+3 next time which will crush that. If they freeze up, d/b+3 will induce the panic. Beyond that, SAV is mostly gimmicks, but gimmicks are fun when they work.

Evaluating the SAV moves:

SAV 1: By itself a pretty good high, can use repatedly by holding forward to stay in stance (not the greatest thing to do). Can use 1,4 which is a NCc big boot, good for wall splatting at the end of combos. 1,1 already explained above, if it hits you get a guaranteed d/b+4. Then there's 1,2,1, which isn't super useful since the second hit has to hit CH for the third hit to connect. It is super delayable though and 1,2 by itself can stay in SAV by holding foward.

SAV b+1: Fast mid option (bit slower than SAV 1), short on range though. You could gimmick with this by mixing up SAV 1 and SAV b+1 if they try to duck SAV 1, but nobody does that and it isn't worth setting up. Further options are b+1,4 which I don't think I've ever used (supposed to be a mixup option to b+1,2), and b+1,2 which is almost the same as Mig's d/b+1, but way more telegraphed because of the b+1.

SAV d/b+3: This is a good damage low, and probably the best part of it is that it's really fucking annoying to get hit by. Big sound and screen rattling hit can put opponents into a panic, and you get some good frame advantage off of it. Also one of your primary oki tools out of SAV. Possibly the best move out of SAV in general which is why some opponents may be desperate to jab you out of stance or prepare a low parry expecting it.

SAV u/f+3: ...which is where this move comes in handy. Crushes lows and wallsplats, so you can picture some ways to set this move up at the wall. Also does big damage in combos but being off axis to the left will make followups not connect, so it's often not worth using for that. Bonus tip: the game classifies this as a knee so use at will against counter spammers if you're caught in SAV.

SAV 2: One of your primary bounds for combos, but it's also a good backroll catching tool in oki situations. Good surprise move in general.

SAV d/f+2: Big launcher, tag bufferable. Launch punishable but the pushback on it can keep you safe from death in some situations. Hits grounded which makes it really good to use for oki, just be careful.

SAV d/b+4: Seeable low sweep, you get a mini combo from it. Somewhat decent gimmick tool, particularly for oki.

SAV d/f+1: Primarily used in combos but it's pretty decent outside of them. Quick mid, safe and puts the opponent in a breakable stun on CH, but it happens so quick that not many people will break it and you can get a combo off it.

SAV 1+2: Super big launcher, tag bufferable, launch punishable, can be charged for extra damage. Charged version is actually safe on block. Can also be cancelled by holding back, which lets you set up a gimmick once in a while.

SAV 4: Homing move out of SAV. Unlike f+4 this wallsplats so that's a great thing. Unlike f+4 it's a high so that's a bad thing.

SAV f+1+2: Headbutt/shoulder thingy similar to the second hit of d+4, 1+2. Hits high but is plus on block and leaves them in crouch. There's enough frame advantage that a d/f+1 will beat out many WS options.

By this point the well of usefullness starts to dry up for SAV moves, but here's the rest:

SAV 3,3: Actually safe on block and jails despite how it looks. Decent option to end a short wall carry combo, but otherwise eh.
SAV d+4,3: This low looks goofy and may freeze your opponent, but you don't get anything after it.
SAV b+3: Weird move. 0 on block and can retransition back into SAV but...why ever use it?
SAV b+2: A sabaki punch, but the range is terrible and the sabaki window is tiny. Maybe the worst SAV move.

So I'm going to castrate myself and learn how to play Jinpachi and pair him with Heihachi. What should i be going for when I'm not wiff punishing with df2?

So I'm going to castrate myself and learn how to play Jinpachi and pair him with Heihachi. What should i be going for when I'm not wiff punishing with df2?

In my experience, all Jinpachi really does is u+4/ff+3 into stomp, ws+4,4, d/f+1+2, d+3 and of course d/f+2. Oh and that stupid high crush jab string that wall splats. Dunno the command.

Fake edit: and backsway teleport shenanigans.

Doomshine

Great post, Famicom, just thought I'd add a couple of things.

1,1 already explained above, if it hits you get a guaranteed d/b+4.
You can also get d+4, 1+2.

[SAV d/b+3
You covered pretty much everything, but worth mentioning that you can also stay in SAV after it.

SAV 3,3: Actually safe on block and jails despite how it looks. Decent option to end a short wall carry combo, but otherwise eh.

Not the greatest move, yeah, but SAV 3 by itself is ok since it's a knee and you can also stay in SAV. The second hit is also delayable and gives a combo on CH.

SAV d+4,3: This low looks goofy and may freeze your opponent, but you don't get anything after it.

I mostly use this as a round ender since it's a fairly quick low, mid. Launch punishable on block though. d+4 by itself can cause some hesitation if the opponent is familiar with the move.

Almost everything out of Savage Stance is pretty fun to use (and abuse if the opponent lets you get away with it), but generally there are better ways to accomplish the same things with Miguel's other moves. I feel that going into the stance itself applies sort of a mental pressure on the opponent, and you can gauge what your best options are from it depending on how they react to the stance and/or whatever move you choose to do from it.

For example, if I use u/f+1 and the opponent blocks it, my goto option is SAV 1,1 since it's safe on block, difficult to step and uninterruptible by highs and mids (because of the frame advantage from a blocked u/f+1). If they step by habit, you could use SAV 4 which is a homing move. If they try crouch jab you out of the stance then you can use u/f+3 next time which will crush that. If they freeze up, d/b+3 will induce the panic. Beyond that, SAV is mostly gimmicks, but gimmicks are fun when they work.

Evaluating the SAV moves:

SAV 1: By itself a pretty good high, can use repatedly by holding forward to stay in stance (not the greatest thing to do). Can use 1,4 which is a NCc big boot, good for wall splatting at the end of combos. 1,1 already explained above, if it hits you get a guaranteed d/b+4. Then there's 1,2,1, which isn't super useful since the second hit has to hit CH for the third hit to connect. It is super delayable though and 1,2 by itself can stay in SAV by holding foward.

SAV b+1: Fast mid option (bit slower than SAV 1), short on range though. You could gimmick with this by mixing up SAV 1 and SAV b+1 if they try to duck SAV 1, but nobody does that and it isn't worth setting up. Further options are b+1,4 which I don't think I've ever used (supposed to be a mixup option to b+1,2), and b+1,2 which is almost the same as Mig's d/b+1, but way more telegraphed because of the b+1.

SAV d/b+3: This is a good damage low, and probably the best part of it is that it's really fucking annoying to get hit by. Big sound and screen rattling hit can put opponents into a panic, and you get some good frame advantage off of it. Also one of your primary oki tools out of SAV. Possibly the best move out of SAV in general which is why some opponents may be desperate to jab you out of stance or prepare a low parry expecting it.

SAV u/f+3: ...which is where this move comes in handy. Crushes lows and wallsplats, so you can picture some ways to set this move up at the wall. Also does big damage in combos but being off axis to the left will make followups not connect, so it's often not worth using for that. Bonus tip: the game classifies this as a knee so use at will against counter spammers if you're caught in SAV.

SAV 2: One of your primary bounds for combos, but it's also a good backroll catching tool in oki situations. Good surprise move in general.

SAV d/f+2: Big launcher, tag bufferable. Launch punishable but the pushback on it can keep you safe from death in some situations. Hits grounded which makes it really good to use for oki, just be careful.

SAV d/b+4: Seeable low sweep, you get a mini combo from it. Somewhat decent gimmick tool, particularly for oki.

SAV d/f+1: Primarily used in combos but it's pretty decent outside of them. Quick mid, safe and puts the opponent in a breakable stun on CH, but it happens so quick that not many people will break it and you can get a combo off it.

SAV 1+2: Super big launcher, tag bufferable, launch punishable, can be charged for extra damage. Charged version is actually safe on block. Can also be cancelled by holding back, which lets you set up a gimmick once in a while.

SAV 4: Homing move out of SAV. Unlike f+4 this wallsplats so that's a great thing. Unlike f+4 it's a high so that's a bad thing.

SAV f+1+2: Headbutt/shoulder thingy similar to the second hit of d+4, 1+2. Hits high but is plus on block and leaves them in crouch. There's enough frame advantage that a d/f+1 will beat out many WS options.

By this point the well of usefullness starts to dry up for SAV moves, but here's the rest:

SAV b+3: Weird move. 0 on block and can retransition back into SAV but...why ever use it?
SAV b+2: A sabaki punch, but the range is terrible and the sabaki window is tiny. Maybe the worst SAV move.

Wow, thanks. Lots of good information. Good post.

AAK

This took me a while to edit from copy-pasting:

Pool 1:

Landon Barrow Landon Jacksonville, FL
Shamir Parker S9 ATLANTA, GA
Fabian Thompson Fabo Gainesville, GA
HyunJin Kim JDCR Seoul, KR
Aerij Saeed CORN Brawlpro St. Louis, MO
Nigel Miller Pockitchange Raleigh, NC
Deric Brown Devil Himself New York, NY
Adam Loostrom lobstergod Darlington, SC
Jeremy Terry JT Knoxville, TN
Daniel Lee TA.Hyubushu Dallas, TX
Jimmy Choi jimmychoi Madison, WI

Pool 2:

Lamar Gordan Hyena Birmingham, AL
Chris Blair Zeronaire Alpharetta, GA
Brett Beatty ItgFlash Atlanta, GA
Joseph Woods TFA/RZR Jody Tha Great St.Louis, MO
Dominique McCowin SOR/XS AceUnlimited Black Mountain, NC
Gary Santiago Mindoption New York, NY
Katy Petousis Cujo_kate Pittsburgh, PA
Arthur Zanders SwagIntheKitchen Charleston , SC
Matt DiModica KIT|DiMo Franklin, TN
Eddie Nguyen nme Houston, TX

Pool 3:

James Garrett JustFrame James Los Angeles, CA
Eucolia Cunerkin DomATL Atlanta, GA
Kyle Richardson CDGR Atlanta, GA
Jabril Goodner Cozmik Lexington, KY
Matthew Cheng PlugPuller Boston, MA
Ana Riojas EM Anya Monterrey, MX
DeMorris Edberson thatdemoguy Raleigh, NC
Juan Zerbarini CAAB Real Law New York City, NY
Mike Slucher Sluch Cincinnati, OH
Shawn Smith STK Charleston, SC
Nick Guajardo KiT|TKO Gweedo Nashville , TN

Pool 4:

Paul Lopez Nephtall Phoenix, AZ
Terrance Keller TA.TunK Jacksonville, FL
Jarel Moorehead Massive Skillzz Atlanta, Ga
Roberto Rodriguez Madnis Atlanta, GA
Aleric Banks Stl_Rick_Tha_Rular Saint Louis, MO
Deborah Perez LZA DA-SH NYC, NY
Maurice Lawrence Momo Staten Island, NY
Paul Shaw BEAST_CITY_SC Charleston, SC
Terrelle Jackson KiT Lil Majin Memphis, TN
Trent Johnson SiNNDrummer Newport News, VA

Pool 5:

Trayveon Maxwell lordiceman Atlanta, GA
Steven Vining TA.Oath Augusta, GA
Robert Johnson HBR New Orleans, LA
Danny Garcia STILLELECTRIC Boston, MA
Min Kim sniperjin Concord, NC
Alexander Tobultoc Ta6iMAK7 Brooklyn, NY
Hamilton Ilodi Nigerian Nightmare Columbus, OH
Justin Denning SonGohanX Myrtle Beach, SC
Jason Hamilton Isamu Knoxville, TN
Rafael Fusco Venezuela/FUKO LA MUERTE Venezuela, VE
Jonnie Kashiro Bravo Seattle, WA

Pool 6:

Reepal Parbhoo Rip Cypress, CA
David Sierra drdonutman Orlando, FL
Rashid Reddy FR|ShinkuuR Atlanta, GA
Ricky Walker Jr. Pokchop Atlanta, GA
Victor Garcia Victor Garcia Kansas City, MO
Fernando Febles EMP The Game Bronx, NY
Derrick Legend Derrick Legend Cincinnati, OH
Akon N'DA [MSF] Ivoiro_Akon Norman, OK
Ian Davis Vandy Nashville, TN
Donnie McCoy Iceman Bristol, VA

Pool 7:

Eduardo Rada Inkognito Murrieta, CA
Gene Fulgham MonoXideAtFRXVII Jacksonville, FL
Antoine Turk D.o.S. #6 Turkeasy Atlanta, GA
Alessandro Lazzari CERTOSINO Italy, IT
Stacey Blake Beyond_Logik Charlotte, NC
Jodi Nelson LZA|SunLioness Clark , NJ
Lamar Johnson Lordsavior Bronx, NY
Daniel F Spearl Columbus, OH
Anthony Reese LOLcheeseORZ Columbia, SC
Jamie Smith i eat bamboo Knoxville, TN

Pool 8:

Paco Vilaro Gandido Miami, FL
Devin Lee Magmar Atlanta, GA
Jeremiah Walker Vinyl Dacula, GA
Paul Irving DatBoiSTL St. Charles, MO
Ariel Capellan Fighting GM New York, NY
Kris Gardner AJ @Hornett_ Cincinnati, OH
Ryan Loostrom Buck Fuggler Darlington, SC
Herbert Handy H3TheGame Memphis, TN
Wailon Jordan SwordofDios Chesapeake, VA
Adam Arguellon Rg Adanimo Olympia, WA
William Kenney MysticBill Milwaukee, WI

Pool 9:

Derrick Moton intergalacticDerrick Birmingham , Al
David Dale DCB NFG D-Cint Bear, DE
Willie Hall Moyasu Jacksonville, FL
DavEl Copenny HATE|Black Ken: Malibu Edition Atlanta, GA
Steve McCarthy Drum-EFX Atlanta, GA
John Bonfilio AxioM Overland Park, KS
Lenny Vowels KGA|LRock Louisville, KY
Bradley Harrison UNCC Irish Bear Charlotte, NC
Shaun Swain NycFab Bronx, NY
Abdullah Alminaian get-lost Oshawa, ON
Michael Kea seville_klux Myrtle Beach, SC

Pool 10:

Paulo Naressi Blue Link Sao Paulo, BR
Averiey Cobb-Entin SDT MoneyInc.Runitblack San Marcos, CA
Rey Escanio OBS_KingRey Jacksonville, FL
Marc Anthony Black Sonic Atlanta, GA
Jevante Flint NG| Obscure Atlanta, GA
Alvin Smith DirtyRed Burlington, KY
D. August Allen XI The Exalted New York, NY
Alesia Schwenke salty_samoan Myrtle Beach, SC
Melvin Berry Jr. Azure Phoenix Memphis, TN
Marvin Ross Vegeta Chesapeake, VA

Pool 11:

Mohammed Kayyal Kayyal San Diego, CA
Justin Colley dry bones Atlanta, GA
Diron Leftwich U R Not Ready Atlanta, GA
Earl Johnson SaltE Lexington, KY
Jason Li kongojack Boston, MA
Mario Smith TCO Charlotte, NC
Dwayne Sands Pi | LOC New York, NY
Corey Meyer AL|Chrishin Cincinnati, OH
Jaime Leon TxT DrDoom Lima, PE
Marcus Patterson Geechi Suede Aiken, SC
Matthew Robinson Matt Rob Knoxville, TN

Pool 12:

Bryan Barlow lessonlearned101 Montgomery, AL
Shola Lawal SHOLA BEAM Atlanta, GA
Demetrius Parham Phibrizzo Newnan, GA
Ashley Wallace LZA Amethyst Lady Baltimore, MD
Lenell Dinkins IRL/CORN LtrainLocomotive Detroit, MI
Lavaun Weir Lavaun W Monticello, NY
Ahmed Rice bacons extra Charleston, SC
Kyle Aiken SuperDinosaurGuy Columbia, SC
Jose Uzcategui Venezuela/El Negro Piripicho Venezuela, VE
Colton Skinner Slug Udder Seattle, WA

Pool 13:

Christian Reynard Bane Atlanta, GA
Justin Elkins NinthPixel Dalton, GA
Anthony Miller StayReal Detroit, MI
Daniel Cortes DannyCtes Charlotte, NC
Nathan Pitts NJ DYNA$TY Pemberton, NJ
Michael Alcan Bearjew NaclaM New York , NY
Micah Burke Micah Cincinnatti, OH
Meredith Kearney LadyChnkyEyes Myrtle Beach, SC
Drew Smallwood VincentDOC7 Knoxville, TN
Jeremy Neroes TA.Ecks007 Dallas, TX
Alexis Gil Venezuela/AlexishipHop Venezuela, VE

Pool 14:

Catrina Sumter LZA_Hurricane Washington, DC
Cody Dinkins PI | KoDee Jacksonville, FL
Rey Escanio OBS_KingReyJr Jacksonville, FL
Dez Mo partyman Atlanta, GA
Damon Johnson tranceraverkid78 Warner Robins, GA
Jonathan Ward Nightmare456 Harvey, LA
Chris Phojanakong RenoFace Jamaica, NY
Raymond Daniels Raybonekilla Norman, OK
Daryl Maxwell phail_eddy Myrtle Beach, SC
Robert Wimbley DoctrineDarK Memphis, TN
Evan Shimono Psylence Seattle, WA

Pool 15:

Charlie Nuzum Sjinzero Jacksonville, FL
John Fannin traumex Atlanta, GA
alberto pastorello GOD Italy, IT
Larry Davidson Lark Carroll, MD
Jun Park TA.JTP St. Cloud, MN
Steve Palakas PI | Blood Hawk New York City, NY
Tai Thompson Taimyshoo Myrtle Beach, SC
Brandon Roach roachthedon Knoxville, TN
Rochellie Fagan Ro-Ro Houston, TX
Matthew Szabo Mateo Milwaukee, WI

Pool 16:

Aldo De los SantosInca Miami, FL
Hoa Luu FR ATL Hoa Atlanta, GA
Michele Scuppa harrypotter Ancona, IT
Frank M SpartaMA Boston, MA
AJ Dharan Shatriantalon St. Louis, MO
A.D. Tandy BRAWLS | Chaesu Raleigh, NC
Tony Filosi ZTS New York , NY
Matthew Benjamin genocide_cutter Columbia, SC
Joshua Lloyd Dippins Florence, SC
Kim Sanders Jiraiya-Sama2390 Houston, TX

Sayah

I guess this will be the first weekend in a long time where my PS3 will be used for something other than primarily Tekken. I have to hand in my midterm on Friday and then it's DARK SOULS II TIME.

Dereck

I guess this will be the first weekend in a long time where my PS3 will be used for something other than primarily Tekken. I have to hand in my midterm on Friday and then it's DARK SOULS II TIME.
Uhh..depending on how multiplayer works I'll have to add you.

Top Bottom