• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

DEATH™

:)

So how do people feel about bound/do you care about it being in future games or not?

I like the concept of bound. The problem is some people can't wrap their head around it.

As long as Tekken is an arcade game, I honestly don't expect bound to be gone, considering the success of Tekken 6.

sasuke_91

So how do people feel about bound/do you care about it being in future games or not?
I actually didn't like it the first time it was used in Tekken 6. Juggling seemed way too easy, because nearly every combo ended in a bound (or so it seemed to me).
I learned to like the concept in TTT2. Going from bound to Tag Assault is a pretty cool idea. Knowing when there is a bound in your combo seemed much more important. I wouldn't mind seeing it in the next Tekken game.

10 strings are aweful. I would like to have THAT removed in the next game, but well, we already had this topic :/

Dereck

saturday_Schedule_SCR2014_021.png

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive2

Sayah

I wanted to see Gagguni use Williams but that didn't happen. Oh well.

Just Frame James on now. Probably one of the best players to spectate.....just to see all the shenanigans.

I wanted to see Gagguni use Williams but that didn't happen. Oh well.

Just Frame James on now. Probably one of the best players to spectate.....just to see all the shenanigans.

Kings and Mitsus, and Laws flying all over the place. I didn't know what was going on half of the time.

Fun tourney to watch though.

No people just don't like long combos in a 3D game...not much to understand about bound.

I don't particularly have a problem with bound combos, but I will never understand why people do not mind the long to infinite combos of games such as Marvel vs Capcom 3. Tekken Tag combos are too long and tedious, but Marvel's seemingly endless combos are awesome!!!!! @_@

Man, I need to start playing TTT2 again, but I got too many distractions and obligations now.

I don't particularly have a problem with bound combos, but I will never understand why people do not mind the long to infinite combos of games such as Marvel vs Capcom 3. Tekken Tag combos are too long and tedious, but Marvel's seemingly endless combos are awesome!!!!! @_@

Man, I need to start playing TTT2 again, but I got too many distractions and obligations now.

TTT2 combos vary between characters.

People like Marvel because its Marvel. Like seriously that's the explanation. And there are a lot more drops because of the long to infinite combos too so you still have a chance to play regardless.

Dereck

Gagunni really does look like a male anime character but in real life. He's not far off from Ishida Uryuu from Bleach

Inkog is a solid player, I was rooting for him the whole time.

I wish Rip would play better, I have not seem him play extremely well like he was when Tekken 6 came out.

Kane was fucking up, what the fuck.

I knew Lil Majin would probably get very far/win the tournament because I know he's very good.

I was lowkey rooting for JFJ even though I knew he was done.

Sayah

Kane was trying to do combos that he kept dropping. There was that one wall combo with Angel's f+3+4 during TA that he messed up several times. And then there's also the Lili f,f+3 cancel into forward punch that he dropped several times.

It's better to just get the guaranteed damage instead of trying stuff you know will fail 50% of the time.

Especially that Lili cancel has strict timing and is easy to mess up.

This is why I will not even bother trying flapping butterfly in a match. I know I will mess it up even though, in practice, I often succeed.

Kane was trying to do combos that he kept dropping. There was that one wall combo with Angel's f+3+4 during TA that he messed up several times. And then there's also the Lili f,f+3 cancel into forward punch that he dropped several times.

It's better to just get the guaranteed damage instead of trying stuff you know will fail 50% of the time.

Especially that Lili cancel has strict timing and is easy to mess up.

That's his nature. Kane seems to love making hard combos his BnBs. When he plays Heihachi he always goes for the insane EGWF, OTGF, EGWF combo too. Normally that Lili combo doesn't give him a lot of trouble but he hasn't been playing Tekken much lately.

I wish Rip would play better, I have not seem him play extremely well like he was when Tekken 6 came out.

While yeah he can play better. I just think his team sucks. This aint the same Marshall Law from T6, he's just average now and Forest is either worse or almost the same as Marshall depending on your opinion on forest.

James' play style, Team, how much he loves the game, practice, etc. makes him the better player of the two. He does get really over confident and he tends not to recover from that

I'm honestly surprised Majin won that though.

Sayah

That's his nature. Kane seems to love making hard combos his BnBs. When he plays Heihachi he always goes for the insane EGWF, OTGF, EGWF combo too. Normally that Lili combo doesn't give him a lot of trouble but he hasn't been playing Tekken much lately.

I didn't know that. The Lili SS cancel combo, Nina's flapping butterfly, Paul's demoman, and Dragunov's SS cancels are all things I'll do in practice but mess up non-stop during an actual match.

sasuke_91

I was accused of hacking yesterday. The connection was kinda laggy and for some reason there was this one person my internet connection didn't seem to like. Everytime he launched me he would fail because of the laggy connection. I, on the other hand, could launch and attack him just fine in ~2 out of 3 cases. I lost at the end, because he was a lot better, but damn, was that embaressing when he was shouting it throughout the whole... room (World Arena). Being called a noob is one thing, but being called a hacker is on another level :(

m0t0k1

I was accused of hacking yesterday. The connection was kinda laggy and for some reason there was this one person my internet connection didn't seem to like. Everytime he launched me he would fail because of the laggy connection. I, on the other hand, could launch and attack him just fine in ~2 out of 3 cases. I lost at the end, because he was a lot better, but damn, was that embaressing when he was shouting it throughout the whole... room (World Arena). Being called a noob is one thing, but being called a hacker is on another level :(

Yeah there are always some people ruining experiences for some people. I don't invest a much of time in learning the mechanics in fighting games. But i do love to play them. I also was called a hacker once when i was playing alisa and used her rocket punches but because of lag i got a couple of free charges and then fired and hit straight at him. In my experience things can get way worse like people telling to kill yourself or tell they will kill you and other unpleasant experiences. I tend to ignore them or be very positive against them so they don't know what to say.

AmyS

Alright GAF, just got me a PlayStation 3 Slim and wanna start getting the PS3 Tekken releases.

From doing just a few minutes of google searches I see that on PS3, there is:

-Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection
-Tekken 6
-Tekken Hybrid (has a native 1080p version of PS2 Tekken Tag Tournament)
-Tekken Tag Tournament 2
-Tekken Revolution

^Probably missed at least one there.

Last Tekken games I bought were PS2 TTT and Tekken 5, so it's been a very long while.

Aside from Revolution which I just got, what releases are retail disc only, PSN digital download only and which are on both disc & digital?

Degen

Tekken 5 DR = digital only
T6 = disc only
Tag 2 = disc + digital
Hybrid = disc only, but you can buy the movie digitally

AAK

Tag 2 is on the digital store. I have both the digital and disc version. Unless they removed it, it should be there somewhere.

AAK

I'm gonna be moving apartments soon, and I doubt the place where I'm going I'll be able to get a wired connection for my PS3... might not be able to play online anymore over there :(

Didn't play for a while and then I went on ranked yesterday... got demoted 3 ranks haha!

Also, one thing I realized that having a a great tracking wall splatting move is one of the best tools possible in this game. You will come accross people that try to tag in at the wall, and these things will destroy anyone that do it. Case in point:

ibxLeLLUAYwnfy.gif

Stuff like AKing's f+2,1. Bob's f,f+2, or Dragunov/Law's b+4,3 are huge. I'm honestly considering making the switch to DJin team permanently just so I can take advantage of all those tools.

AmyS

Tag 2 is on the digital store. I have both the digital and disc version. Unless they removed it, it should be there somewhere.

Well now I'm not sure. I'm on the digital store, on my PS3, and it says Tag 2 is Disc Only.

However when I sign into PSN on my PC and look at the digital store there, I see I can purchase the download of Tag 2 for $34.99. Not gonna try that. So in this case, I'm gonna opt to get the retail disc either new or pre-owned.

Just picked up Tekken 6 and Tekken Hybrid (woohoo! TTT HD 1080p!) from GameStop, they didn't have Tag 2 though.

I will snag Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection from the digital store since that's the only way to get it AFAIK.

Wonder if T5 DR has Arcade History (T1, T2, T3 and Starblade) like T5 on PS2 did ? Probably not.

GrayFoxPL

Well now I'm not sure. I'm on the digital store, on my PS3, and it says Tag 2 is Disc Only.

However when I sign into PSN on my PC and look at the digital store there, I see I can purchase the download of Tag 2 for $34.99. Not gonna try that. So in this case, I'm gonna opt to get the retail disc either new or pre-owned.

Just picked up Tekken 6 and Tekken Hybrid (woohoo! TTT HD 1080p!) from GameStop, they didn't have Tag 2 though.

I will snag Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection from the digital store since that's the only way to get it AFAIK.

Wonder if T5 DR comes with Arcade History Mode like original T5 on PS2 ? Probably not.

TTT HD is pretty bad conversion I heard.

T5 DR is just the game.

AAK

If it's on the PC store, it will be on PSN, try searching it differently. But you don't have to fear from buying things on the PC store. You can buy it on the PC store and tell it to download it automatically the next time you turn on your PS3.

And don't get TTT2 pre-owned, it has an online pass unfortunately.

DEATH™

I'm gonna be moving apartments soon, and I doubt the place where I'm going I'll be able to get a wired connection for my PS3... might not be able to play online anymore over there :(

Didn't play for a while and then I went on ranked yesterday... got demoted 3 ranks haha!

Also, one thing I realized that having a a great tracking wall splatting move is one of the best tools possible in this game. You will come accross people that try to tag in at the wall, and these things will destroy anyone that do it. Case in point:

ibxLeLLUAYwnfy.gif

Stuff like AKing's f+2,1. Bob's f,f+2, or Dragunov/Law's b+4,3 are huge. I'm honestly considering making the switch to DJin team permanently just so I can take advantage of all those tools.

As much as AK f2,1 is a good move, it's not something can say that's spammable everytime now, as when opponents get back on the wall, people are looking out for it (Look, online players are already duck punishing me for it lol). Also it doesn't necessarily track, but most of the time we press f first before pressing the 2, which pretty much realign. Which is a good thing.

sasuke_91

:(
I like playing against you. Of course I always lose, but you're showing me my mistakes. I don't use a lot of Hwo's high kicks anymore and I got a lot better at punishing them. The connection is laggy sometimes, but it's still really fun.

@UltWarrior1: My PSN is UchihaSasuke_91. I'd also like to play with you sometimes.

Top Bottom