• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Gambit61

Yo hitboxes!

TaMk9CF.gif

da fuck, lol.

I was playing last week online and there was a weird hitbox situation that made me go, whoa, how did that hit. I wish I remembered the move.

Manbig

Not so sure I'm gonna play, but I'll set up a room and stream for everyone now. Hit me up.

http://twitch.tv/manny_biggz

EDIT: PS the room is wide open so feel free to just jump in it. Named it GAF room.

EDIT x2: So my PS3 is now turning off by itself. I looked up the issue and it appears that it's a overheating issue, so I'm gonna have to get a can of air to clean it out. Guess that's a wrap for me as far as PS3 goes for the night. :(

Sayah

Wow. Didn't realize how easy EWGF's become on pad once you assign the right punch to the L1 button.

Ugh, I fell asleep early. Anyone playing today?

Maybe around 9 or 10 p.m. est. I can. But mostly I need to catch up with studying and try not procrastinate this weekend.

Dereck

Manny, tell me more about that ki charge Law fuck that beat Aris 4 times.

Moreover if a person ki charges, doesn't that mean that they can't block/can get auto counter hit?

DEATH™

Manny, tell me more about that ki charge Law fuck that beat Aris 4 times.

Moreover if a person ki charges, doesn't that mean that they can't block/can get auto counter hit?

I'm no manny but...

When YOU Ki Charge

+ Successful hit will be counterhits
+ You do chip damage on block (needs testing but some strings might have guaranteed followups even when the first hits get blocked)

- You cannot block
- The hit you will take will be counterhit...

So to answer your question... yes...

Ki Charging is a really unexplored tech. But to use it effectively, someone needs iron balls...

Dereck

DEATH™;101932742 said:
I'm no manny but...

When YOU Ki Charge

+ Successful hit will be counterhits
+ You do chip damage on block (needs testing but some strings might have guaranteed followups even when the first hits get blocked)

- You cannot block
- The hit you will take will be counterhit...

So to answer your question... yes...

Ki Charging is a really unexplored tech. But to use it effectively, someone needs iron balls...
:D

DEATH™

I just have this idea now of just ki charged wavedash, since you can't block on wavedash anyways, might as well ki charge. In theory, Mishimas would be really good. EWGF +5 on block plus chip damage? Plus people being scared to attacked you just because? That would be sick...

Dereck

It's no wonder why that strategy hasn't been explored, but I do kind of wonder why.

Besides AK doing it, that's the first time I've ever seen someone do it more than just on occasion and fuck people up with it constantly.

Wow, I've seen Aris rage many times but that guy had him looking completely demoralized. I can't believe that shit works.

Speaking of Aris, I've never really used Wang, but I've been able to pick him up fairly quickly just from watching Aris' stream so much. I find myself subconsciously copying all his oki and wall set ups, lol. Wang is a really fun character.

Manbig

I wouldn't call those matches that Aris had with that guy as proof of it working. There was clearly lag and Aris plays more and more like an idiot the more that he rages.

That doesn't mean that it's completely useless though. The thing to note about ki charge is that it can be scary when a character has a strong low with CH properties. My friend used to occasionally use it with Jin's d/b4 and it would usually work out in his favor. But that's only because he did it VERY RARELY.

It's especially messed up when Forest Law has that stupid high damage CH launch string though. That guy was busting out something like 85% damage on that juggle.

Sayah

What is this KI charge tactic being talked about? Is it the Law player charging and doing the three hit punch string to get an easy CH launcher? I think I faced him yesterday, lol.

If that is it, then I kind of find it to be lame b/c you also leave yourself vulnerable. I've also seen some Williams players do it followed with d+3,2 to get free launchers. It's just a nuisance like 10-hit combos and easily avoidable once you know what you're doing.

Manbig

I was actually just streaming trying to play Tag 2 on the Wii U. Man... That place is a wasteland. I managed to run into a Lei/Mig player that had like 4k matches. How the fuck did someone manage 4k+ matches on the Wii U version? Either way, he turned out to be a gimmick monkey and I fucked him up after figuring him out in the first match.

Gambit61

Wow, I've seen Aris rage many times but that guy had him looking completely demoralized. I can't believe that shit works.

Speaking of Aris, I've never really used Wang, but I've been able to pick him up fairly quickly just from watching Aris' stream so much. I find myself subconsciously copying all his oki and wall set ups, lol. Wang is a really fun character.

lol I've picked up Wang because of Aris as well. I didn't know he was such a straight forward character. I guess Gen made me think all old characters were hard to use >_>'

AAK

Didn't have access to the internet since Friday, looks like I missed a lot. Really wish I caught the Winter Brawl Tekken matches. There's no archive unless I pay bifuteki :(

And I just watched the Aris vs Law matches. In my honest opinion the Ki charge with forest is legit. You mixup your opponent between b+1,2,1 and the toe kick into flipkick. And then he also had a setup to get the running unblockable. And on counter hit it's a launcher. I was impressed! It's insnaely risky but that guy made it work. He did lose a couple of rounds because of it but in the end he did prosper.

Also, sorry to hear about your PS3 Manny :( Hope things work out for you.

Archon473

I bought TTT2 for a friend who doesn't have internet access at his apartment. Even though the v1.02 patch is separate game data from the install data, I can't copy it from my PS3 to a flash drive to patch his game. Is there a legal way to copy the game data patch to update his console?

AAK

This is what I did at a tournament once, there was a PS3 that didn't have the updates with the non-broken kunimitsu and such. What I ended up doing was using my phone that had a 3G network, I tethered the PS3 using it's wifi to my phone and let the updates download while connected to my phone. I have unlimited data as well so it wasn't that big of a deal. Try and see if that works.

If you don't have a smart phone, then discard what i proposed :p You can also try to take your friend's PS3 to a place with internet access, downloading the updates there. Other that that, I'm not sure what's possible :(

DEATH™

I bought TTT2 for a friend who doesn't have internet access at his apartment. Even though the v1.02 patch is separate game data from the install data, I can't copy it from my PS3 to a flash drive to patch his game. Is there a legal way to copy the game data patch to update his console?

As AAK said, go for a place with internet access... Looks like you already have updated yours so I can assume at least that you got internet connection. So you can just bring your friends PS3 to your house really quick... Going to your nearby starbucks isn't shabby either if you don't mind some weird glares lol.

DEATH™

AAK, you lay down on the ground, bait a low out of me, and then punish it. dropkick you do the same shit.

ibrmTOmTzqqnbd.gif

Wakeup FC df+2 DA BEST YO...

But seriously... even in long sets, that thing still works for some reason. It actually gave me a bad habit of waking up crouching and just firing up FC df2 even when I know its not gonna hit, but still, it works...

GrayFoxPL

:)

So how do people feel about bound/do you care about it being in future games or not?

I'd rather have something fresh. I want faster combos. Floats got ricockulous. Maybe some kind of reward for variety to avoid: "got 1-2 best damaging combos, fuck the rest." But shit needs to be way faster. Maybe make stuff like after some stuns you can't juggle, but eg sidestep and guaranteed 2-3 hit combo to the side or a 50-50 set up. Make it more prominent.

Top Bottom