• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

AAK

He's not there for Tekken, it's most probably for the Pokemon fighting game revealed at tomorrow's Nintendo Direct.

Also, we'll gladly play some matches Cosmic. My PSN is AAK0924 and we can play each other online. I haven't seen the videos yet but I'll try to watch some tomorrow. But regardless, there is no difference in playing ranked compared to quick match for me. I just play Tekken for fun regardless of whatever is on the line. And if I lose because of the internet, I have to just remember that it's just a game and shit happens.

AAK

I watched some of your matches Cosmic. I feel the matches you lost were mostly against characters you were unfamiliar with. One thing you should do is to try and bait whiffs against those type of players. And you NEED to move around and sidestep more, I felt you were playing way too static. But still, great team ;)

Did you know that you can Waning moon into yoshi's Flash? Soo good.

I watched some of your matches Cosmic. I feel the matches you lost were mostly against characters you were unfamiliar with. One thing you should do is to try and bait whiffs against those type of players. And you NEED to move around and sidestep more, I felt you were playing way too static. But still, great team ;)

Did you know that you can Waning moon into yoshi's Flash? Soo good.

Thanks. The matches I lost I know for sure it's also because I get impatient and try to press buttons to stop the pressure. And yeah, it's mainly cuz I don't know the matchup.

Also WM into flash, I actually did it a few times in the matches. Setting it up without being obvious is the trick. Then again, at my ranks (green), I could probably get away with it.

I'll add you on PSN soon. If you guys are doing a lobby and need bodies, hit me up.

sasuke_91

Did I seriously do that? Sorry man, look forward some future matches then!

No problem. Maybe you typed something when I was away for a second, but when I came back, you already left the lobby and since you were hosting, the lobby left with you :p

Or it's like GrayFoxPL says and you have a second personality you don't know of. Do you sometimes find dead corpses in your kitchen or something?

Not sure if anyone cares but I think it's like Tekken Revolution's 1 year anniversary today.

Official website for the game hasn't put out an update in months. . . .

DEATH™

Sorry but I need to vent.

I need a place where I can play and not be bugged by family errands, relatives using internet and erratic calls everytime I play. I love my family but darn I can't play Tekken...

I need a off from Tekken... Been from Warrior to Brawler on just these 2 days.

Can't wait for me to organize a offline meetup here...

AAK

You know a good way to feel better? Do some Steve's FLKR duck combo's. Always puts this massive smile on my face :)

And damn, today was the best episode of ATPLive. Loved how intricately they all dissected MKX from Rip's narration. And that cutoff was too funny.

sasuke_91

DEATH™;116301113 said:

I need a place where I can play and not be bugged by family errands, relatives using internet and erratic calls everytime I play. I love my family but darn I can't play Tekken...

I only play ranked in the night, when everybody's sleeping^^
But yeah, it can be annoying sometimes, especially in a lobby where the other person has to wait for you to come back...

DEATH™;116301113 said:

I have problems with family too. Just gotta play when you are alone at home, or in the morning or at night as Sasuke says.

You know a good way to feel better? Do some Steve's FLKR duck combo's. Always puts this massive smile on my face :)

And damn, today was the best episode of ATPLive. Loved how intricately they all dissected MKX from Rip's narration. And that cutoff was too funny.
The' car stories were really funny, why the chat was mad at Rip though?

Anyone notice that online has been stupidly bad these last few days? 4/5 bars feel like 2/3.

sasuke_91

Good games Doomshine. I already expected you and opened a 3 player lobby. It would have been cool to play a bit more, but well... nothing we can do about it^^
I feel a lot more comfortable with Dragunov now, but I still want to throw jabs at you when you delay an attack. I seriously have to stop that, you just get a free counter hit :D
That other guy was around my level, but damn, his EWGF is extremely good. Double/Triple EWGF combos are no problem for him.

Dereck

The close-ranged, tournament style, block/attack parts of matches are what I'm focusing on now. I notice some people don't like that kind of playstyle. It's the kind of playstyle that NYC Fab specializes in, the same kind of playstyle I used to hate about a year ago.

To anyone that wants to get better at Tekken and be at a level where you feel in control, this is how you practice:

www.twitch.tv/battlejitni/b/538567457?t=6m30s
http://www.twitch.tv/battlejitni/b/538579310
http://www.twitch.tv/battlejitni/b/538600996

Whenever he loses to something he tests extensively what the character he's having trouble with does and all his/her options from that and discovering the optimal option selects. Worth checking out :)

I train like this. But after an hour or two of practicing it, I'll go online and literallly never face that situation again for days or weeks, and then when it happens I've forgotten it. :(

I've found better results at retaining information by playing the characters myself for a few hundred matches. But then you have to play a few hundred matches to do it.

sasuke_91

I've found better results at retaining information by playing the characters myself for a few hundred matches

Way too many characters to do that :/

I mostly know how to punish/duck my own characters, but there are too many characters I don't know anything about. I have no idea what to do against Asuka, Jun, Jaycee or the Williams sisters.
I should go to pratice mode and go through the whole roster, but ain't nobody got time for dat...

Yeah, I only really practice against characters I see most often these days, with some small token practice against the less common ones like the animals and Dr B. Getting gimmicked feels bad man.

DEATH™

I train like this. But after an hour or two of practicing it, I'll go online and literallly never face that situation again for days or weeks, and then when it happens I've forgotten it. :(

This.

I realized though that the only way to know characters when you can't play against them is to make them your subs lol.

But Kings too fun for me though...

Dereck

Thanks for the recommendation Famicom.

oS5F9hP.gif

Tekken RIOT

sasuke_91

Good games boutdown. It seems the gap (in terms of skill) between us has grown even bigger. It's kind of frustrating. I was afraid to approach you, although keeping my distance wasn't an option either, because you launched me for every whiffed move. And it became worse with every round we played^^
I also kind of messed up every input that could have saved me. My execution was really off. I have to practice a bit...

Sayah

So I beat SpeeDKicks yesterday :)
It wasn't his main team :(

WIll have to get games going another time AAK. Sorry I was playing on and off and multi-tasking doing other things yesterday.
Could it be that Bryan is the best character for wall carry?

Yeah, a lot of characters are good at wall carries.

So I beat SpeeDKicks yesterday :)
It wasn't his main team :(

WIll have to get games going another time AAK. Sorry I was playing on and off and multi-tasking doing other things yesterday.

I wish we still had replays available. I'd go watch it.

Manbig

I mostly know how to punish/duck my own characters, but there are too many characters I don't know anything about. I have no idea what to do against Asuka, Jun, Jaycee or the Williams sisters.
I should go to pratice mode and go through the whole roster, but ain't nobody got time for dat...

Welcome to Tekken!

Doomshine

This whole Strong Style thing is starting to look silly. The European qualifier is now supported by namco, madcatz, might have more entrants than actual SS AND is being streamed.

If we're lucky, SS will have one stream station where we will get to watch wonkey's matches.

wtf.

But hey, it's Bronson's tournament so whatever he says goes I guess.

Just look at this video, saves some time.
Punishment guide

sasuke_91

Bruce, Lee and Dragunov are no slouches either.

Wall carry you say?

I feel compelled to say that most characters are good at wall carrying.

Okay, seems like I was wrong :p

Just look at this video, saves some time.
Punishment guide
I watched a few of them already. I think I'll get it down someday, but still... so much time and dedication^^

Holy shit, I just saw Edge of Tomorrow, and it blew me away. I haven't seen something so well paced (That's a lie, but it still pretty well paced) Made the time fly by.

Okay, seems like I was wrong :p

I watched a few of them already. I think I'll get it down someday, but still... so much time and dedication^^

Well, just try to remember the moves you see a lot first and foremost. In particular common punishers and launchers, since those will get thrown out a lot.

Top Bottom