• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

zlatko

Banned
So I just got my copy in the mail from EBGames.ca and there's no DLC codes inside, and I haven't gotten any email with the codes DLC codes either.

Anyone else having that problem? Should I wait a bit for an email or should I call them now?

I'd call them just to reaffirm what they intend to do for the course of action.

Grimsen

So I just got my copy in the mail from EBGames.ca and there's no DLC codes inside, and I haven't gotten any email with the codes DLC codes either.

Anyone else having that problem? Should I wait a bit for an email or should I call them now?

A friend of mine had his wife pick up the game in-store this morning, and they didn't have any codes in-hand yet. They were going to get them during the day.

I'm picking up my copy tonight, I hope they get the codes by then.

As for online purchases, definitely get in touch with them.

K4DNCl.jpg

Back from Gamestop. The store has a new manager and she would not stop pestering me about signing up for the rip-off rewards card the entire time. She even seemed to be agitated that I wasn't going to take up this totally fabulous offer!

It was really, really annoying and just another reminder of why I only go to Gamestop for those few exclusive things like the pre-order bonus. Even as the transaction finished, she asked me why I wasn't interested. I said "I just don't go to Gamestop enough for it to matter" and that finally got her to stop.

I had a nice stack of trade-ins that paid for both copies of the game and still had $35 left over that went towards DOA5 CE. Dreading having to go back there to get that game, but once I do it's buh-bye Gamestop again until whenever exclusive edition or bonus makes me go back.

On another note, she also kept hyping up the "Tekken 6/Soul Calibur V mash-up game," which is obviously a budget-priced collection pack, as a new fighting game. -_-

If you had enough trade in credit for $160+, she was trying to give you the card for free.

That meant the magazine and a free rewards points card thing.
I'm not defending gamestop at all in its blatant and constant nagging of its customers, but I know how the system works and sometimes they legitimately just wanna give you a good deal.

FREE bro.

Unrelated to this, it saddens me that review sites give scores based on how many CURRAZY new modes are in the game. I wish sites would give the game to people who likes fighting games, who know how fighting games feel and handle, and have them test mainly online and training modes. Pissses me off most of the time.

Anyone else pick this up for $10 off the normal price at EB/GStop? Thank you Namco! :D

installing now o_o

Read through most of the OP, but didnt see this mentioned:

When choosing teams, story relationships matter. Basically, if two characters "like" each other they have access to rage more quickly (Hwoarang/Baek) than someone who "hates" each other (Jin/Kazuya)

Easier to read TTT2 Alligience

TTT2 Netsu Relationship Chart

thanks for this, should be added to OP.

Skilletor

I get this error when trying to sign up for WTF under Skillzilla81:

Error: This "nickname" is not permitted under our acceptable name policy, please choose again.

Wow, neither is Skilletor81 or just Skillz81...

This is dumb.

bumpkin

Man, I cannot wait to pick this puppy up for PS3 a little later! My only regret is that I haven't yet dual-modded my arcade stick. Looks like it'll be Dual Shock 3 for now.

zlatko

Banned
I get this error when trying to sign up for WTF under Skillzilla81:

Error: This "nickname" is not permitted under our acceptable name policy, please choose again.

Wow, neither is Skilletor81 or just Skillz81...

This is dumb.

Reserved for Seth Killian

IpKaiFung

Let's not forget a freelancer who lends his talents to a wide variety of game sites handled that review.

If sites want good fighting game reviews they should hire that nice Neidel Crisan chap or that Daniel Maniago fellow. Those two guys are the only ones who write decent reviews for fighting games.

Read through most of the OP, but didnt see this mentioned:

When choosing teams, story relationships matter. Basically, if two characters "like" each other they have access to rage more quickly (Hwoarang/Baek) than someone who "hates" each other (Jin/Kazuya)

Easier to read TTT2 Alligience

TTT2 Netsu Relationship Chart

I dislike this only because I love random'ing. And it promotes the simple pairs they've already made up instead of experimenting.

Chavelo

If sites want good fighting game reviews they should hire that nice Neidel Crisan chap or that Daniel Maniago fellow. Those two guys are the only ones who write decent reviews for fighting games.

I dunno, I don't really like Neidel's past work. Seems like he doesn't know what he's talking about most of the time. Very shady fellow.

#fuckhaunts :3

DR2K

Banned
Installing now. . . just downloaded 1.01 patch. Going to check and see if EU DLC works before downloading.

Anyone know what Tekken Tag web content is? The web url doesn't exist.

SOLDIER

Is it true you need to use a CD to import music to the 360 version? There's no digital workaround?

I have a few CD-RWs, but that is really annoying. Almost makes me want to get the PS3 version instead.

Any reports on which console version looks/runs better?

SkylineRKR

I don't like complaining about reviews but in this case I can't help to be a bit disappointed. I just feel the scores are too low, compared to other games within the genre. It disappoints me because it might keep people here and there away from this fun game. Because I feel TTT 2 is absolutely the most fun and most complete fighter of this gen. The team deserves better because the game is so packed with fun and because they actually did listen to feedback.

zlatko

Banned
I don't like complaining about reviews but in this case I can't help to be a bit disappointed. I just feel the scores are too low, compared to other games within the genre. It disappoints me because it might keep people here and there away from this fun game. Because I feel TTT 2 is absolutely the most fun and most complete fighter of this gen. The team deserves better because the game is so packed with fun and because they actually did listen to feedback.

How much time have you invested in it already?

Krelian91

Kazuya Mishima
Hates: basically everyone

rotfl.

Also, Lili likes Asuka but Asuka hates Lili. :( Poor Lili.

And Christie hates Eddy? Wtf °_°

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
So now IGN is saying too much content is somehow a bad thing and the training mode isnt easy enough. Piss off.

Fantasmo

So now IGN is saying too much content is somehow a bad thing and the training mode isnt easy enough. Piss off.

No. The idiot working for IGN is saying that. God I hate reviews.
All I want to know is whether it plays like looks like and sounds like Tekken, runs smoothly offline, runs relatively smoothly online and whether the characters are cool or not.

Zip your lips after that reviewers. Any extra information out of your mouths is useless.

Jamie OD

Kazuya Mishima
Hates: basically everyone

rotfl.

Also, Lili likes Asuka but Asuka hates Lili. :( Poor Lili.

And Christie hates Eddy? Wtf °_°

If I remember correctly Eddy joined Jin's side after Christie's grandfather died, turning his back on her in the process.

Edit: Reading up on it, I find out that's not quite what happened. The situation is more Eddy being so desperate to save his mentor (Christie's grandfather) from illness that he joins Jin's criminal organisation in the hopes of getting a cure. That creates tension between him and Christie, especially when Jin breaks his promise to help Eddy and the grandfather eventually dies.

No. The idiot working for IGN is saying that. God I hate reviews.
All I want to know is whether it plays like looks like and sounds like Tekken, runs smoothly offline, runs relatively smoothly online and whether the characters are cool or not.

Zip your lips after that reviewers. Any extra information out of your mouths is useless.

yes to all of that, don't know about online yet.

CSX

you shouldnt really put those alliegeinces in check for your team selections.

i mean look at all those mishima teams in asia and the mishimas hate each other lol

CPS2

Even after all the content that the game is jampacked with? smh.

But I expected this. It's not a surprise.
Too much content is now a negative thing apparently. They should cut down a few characters and modes and release the game on ios if they want better reviews.

CSX

It's my understanding that the Netsu chart isn't that big of a deal because you get guaranteed rage when hit by a tag combo. Is that correct?

tag assault combo yes. Regular tag combo (point man does launcher, reserve character does the rest) doesnt necessarily get you rage.

FinKL

you shouldnt really put those alliegeinces in check for your team selections.

i mean look at all those mishima teams in asia and the mishimas hate each other lol

Agreed, its a nice touch for canon, but the difference between rage activating between a Like/Hate is a difference of 28HP (all characters have 180HP?) of your health.

Top Bottom