• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

I don't understand the IGN review. This game goes to further lengths than any fighter to teach you how to play better. Not only with Fight Lab, but the improved practice mode, the ability to save and review replays, the stat tracking. All the tools are there. It's up to the player to use them.

Fuck, I had to find a Youtube tutorial to learn how to do a simple combo in MvC3.

And this was his only real complaint.

Awesome avatar! Did you get it from the AM Show Banapass sticker? I think I'm the only American with this one ;)

atk2vb.jpg

until i host this raffle and send some more! :D

tag_stickers.jpg

SkylineRKR

The one thing is annoying is that I could only get Michelle and Angel by subscribing to the local Official Playstation magazine. Wasn't there during those 6 hours everything was up.

How much time have you invested in it already?

My store sells it since today. So not much playtime and you can rightfully say that my statement is bold. But I already liked the flawed Tekken 6 console port a lot (its one of my faves this gen), and this one feels like a much better version of it. They seem to have ironed out lots of T6 issues. Time will tell but I doubt it won't end up being my fave fighter this gen.

Its just that the way Namco handled this release, no paid DLC bullshit on disc etc, it deserves some credit imho. For that I hoped for somewhat more critical acclaim from certain influental media. As stupid as it may sound.

zlatko

Banned
Great, they just emailed my my DLC code and it's for the 360(?). (Too long for PSN.)

I have the PS3 version. >_<

You have to call again and let them know, or contact customer support some other way like live chat if they have it.

As for your extra 360 code I'll gladly take it since I didn't pre order at Gamestop. :)

zlatko

Banned
The one thing is annoying is that I could only get Michelle and Angel by subscribing to the local Official Playstation magazine. Wasn't there during those 6 hours everything was up.

My store sells it since today. So not much playtime and you can rightfully say that my statement is bold. But I already liked the flawed Tekken 6 console port a lot (its one of my faves this gen), and this one feels like a much better version of it. They seem to have ironed out lots of T6 issues. Time will tell but I doubt it won't end up being my fave fighter this gen.

Its just that the way Namco handled this release, no paid DLC bullshit on disc etc, it deserves some credit imho. For that I hoped for somewhat more critical acclaim from certain influental media. As stupid as it may sound.

Yeah it is a bold statement like you pointed out. YOU are already sold on it, and could see no real wrong with the game, and I'm sure even if you saw flaws, you wouldn't be discouraged over a purchase and labeling it as your favorite fighter this gen.

Their job though involves various angles to look at the game, and decide what they think it's worth for their metric and use that as a jump off point to let potential buyers who aren't as hardcore as you come to a conclusion on if it's worth 60 dollars or not.(Stuff I'm sure you know obviously)

All the bells and all the whistles with how they are handling DLC shouldn't effect the disc product's score. At the end of the day they see it as a good, yet hard to get into game, which to me seems like a fair thing to say. However, their bitching about "so much content in this game" is the most half assed thing ever. Better dock Skyrim a few notches too then IGN.

As long as the game sells enough for Namco to do more Tekkens, and as long as it's kick ass enough for the FGC to have it at events, then Namco deserves props and the consumers should enjoy it. In the long run it'll be the hardcore that's left like with any other game, to keep the flame burning for this game and IGN or any other review place are totally irrelevant.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Never played Tekken seriously before.

I have no idea what I should be doing right now lol

Learn how to move, figure out your fast safe moves, figure out which moves launch, figure out which moves launch or stagger on counter hit, figure out a simple easy to do combo for each launcher/counter hit situation.

In that order for starters

IIRC, Gamespot also famously knocked a Ratchet & Clank game for having "too much content" (they said "variety" in this case but it was the same argument). Series fans were thrilled with the amount of side-content available and it's widely regarded as the best game in the series.

I will never understand this.

CSX

how do i know which ports to open on a router for this game. Can't play any matches online for the moment.

i set my ps3 to a static ip and then run dmz for it.

I know its not the case for everyone but opening ports dont mean jack. Its not till i set dmz (or gaming mode that some routers call it) that it works. Hell, running in dmz changes my nat3 to a nat 2.

Never played Tekken seriously before.

I have no idea what I should be doing right now lol

kind of same boat, haven't played Tekken in ages. but even messing around with buttons is fun for me :) if you're losing too much in arcade mode then go to practice mode and learn a few moves for whichever character :)

zlatko

Banned
kind of same boat, haven't played Tekken in ages. but even messing around woth buttons is fun for me :) if you're loosing too much in arcade mode then go to practice mode and learn a few moves for whichever character :)

Sameish boat. Only Tekken I messed around with was 6, and I never got to the point where I had a combo memorized. I knew a few of the characters moves and would just use them for 50-50 games against opponents.

I barely have time for games anymore. For instance my P4A knowledge is minimal but I can sit around B rank on that game with just a few combos memorized, and then the rest from basics from other fighters.

The same approach is going to come for me here with TTT2. I'll actually learn a few combos with Steve and whoever I pair him up with, (or rock him solo) and then comfortably float to an average spot on ranked online before I just play the game casually with friends and private match lobbies.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The Bradygames TTT2 guide doesn't have any of the unlock-DLC characters. -_- WTF?

Spent some time online on the 360 version. What a massive improvement over Tekken 6 this is! It's easily on par -or better- than Soul Calibur V. Perhaps better as I had a smooth match against someone from the UK.

Gonna try it on PS3 in a minute.

Awesome avatar! Did you get it from the AM Show Banapass sticker? I think I'm the only American with this one ;)

atk2vb.jpg

Nope...made it from a photo I found of the pass, LOL.

Hmmm, I still need to buy both of those games for my fighting game collection. First time I heard of this.

The funny thing is that I had just traded in two copies of Tekken 6 when she told me about it.

If you had enough trade in credit for $160+, she was trying to give you the card for free.

That meant the magazine and a free rewards points card thing.
I'm not defending gamestop at all in its blatant and constant nagging of its customers, but I know how the system works and sometimes they legitimately just wanna give you a good deal.

FREE bro.

If only she had told me that. :p

Don't care anyway- don't want Game Informer and I don't care about their rewards stuff.

Sell the 360 code and get to playing already, dude. They'll fix it.
Oh I'll start playing, it's just a bit annoying how many times I had to phone them and explain the situation.

One of the reps even hung up on me accidentally and then I had to explain it all over again. Then the next person asked if I was going to get mad when they told me how long I'd have to wait, which was really odd because I was very polite with them, as I always am.

Oh well, I've waited this long, I can wait a bit more.

Skilletor

For anybody that didn't preorder and bought the game from gamestop: Did you get the dlc codes?

I was going to buy it, but I'll just hold off on 360 version if I'm not going to get the DLC.

The woman at the counter said no, but I don't know if she really knew.

zlatko

Banned
Works for all the girls that have played Tekken against me.

Worked for me online in T6 against like damn near top ranked Bryan Fury players. Was hilarious taking 2 rounds off someone who if they touch me would take 50-70% of my health off, yet couldn't figure out wtf I was doing since even I had no damn clue. xD

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Worked for me online in T6 against like damn near top ranked Bryan Fury players. Was hilarious taking 2 rounds off someone who if they touch me would take 50-70% of my health off, yet couldn't figure out wtf I was doing since even I had no damn clue. xD

LOL that's mostly cause Bryan works against people better that know what they are doing.

zlatko

Banned
Which sucks cause it's always been such a core part of him since 5 *I don't remember 4 all that much*. Pretty much holding him back from being one of the very best

I see. That's a shame then, but it is still present in some context right and is something you need to learn to do well with him in TTT2, or can I completely side step it and still do well with him?

I wish I had an ipod on a different note, so I could get a ton of music on my 360HDD for this game to use. :(

Takuan

Oh I'll start playing, it's just a bit annoying how many times I had to phone them and explain the situation.

One of the reps even hung up on me accidentally and then I had to explain it all over again. Then the next person asked if I was going to get mad when they told me how long I'd have to wait, which was really odd because I was very polite with them, as I always am.

Oh well, I've waited this long, I can wait a bit more.

I know that feel, bro. The best is when they realize your order is Canadian, so they have to put you on hold for 15 minutes to check some archaic system which might as well be paper-based. I was on the phone for more than an hour as they tried to figure out what the heck happened with a Guild Wars 2 pre-order that I placed in July 2010 @$29.99. The CSR eventually said he'd call me back in 15 minutes once they'd sorted everything out. He called an hour later as I was driving, but left a message saying he managed to process the order and that my copies would be out the next day. Long story short, it is absolutely painful dealing with their customer service, but they DO deliver, and they don't outsource to India/China.

Out of curiosity, how many characters/digits was your code? If they messed yours up, there's a chance they messed mine up as well. Mine is 16...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I see. That's a shame then, but it is still present in some context right and is something you need to learn to do well with him in TTT2, or can I completely side step it and still do well with him?

I wish I had an ipod on a different note, so I could get a ton of music on my 360HDD for this game to use. :(

He has a ton of things to learn besides that. Pick it up towards the end. It was the final thing you learned with him in the first place anyways

Shito

Not a great fan of Tekken, but I'm curious about this one: are there any other (good) streams on-going, apart from the Arturo "I fell asleep leaving my PS3 on auto-shutdown LOL" one?

I know that feel, bro. The best is when they realize your order is Canadian, so they have to put you on hold for 15 minutes to check some archaic system which might as well be paper-based. I was on the phone for more than an hour as they tried to figure out what the heck happened with a Guild Wars 2 pre-order that I placed in July 2010 @$29.99. The CSR eventually said he'd call me back in 15 minutes once they'd sorted everything out. He called an hour later as I was driving, but left a message saying he managed to process the order and that my copies would be out the next day. Long story short, it is absolutely painful dealing with their customer service, but they DO deliver, and they don't outsource to India/China.

Out of curiosity, how many characters/digits was your code? If they messed yours up, there's a chance they messed mine up as well. Mine is 16...
Yeah, mine is 16 digits too. PSN codes only have room for 12 characters.

And it's not like they were rude or anything, and in the past the reps have been really helpful, but this time all of the people that I spoke to didn't seem to really know what I was talking about. They kept asking the same questions over and over again.

Then when the one person asked if I was going to get mad I was really thrown by that. I understand that working on a customer service line they probably get a lot of verbal abuse, but I was nothing but polite with all of them, even after I got hung up on.

It's funny, the whole reason I pre-ordered online was so I didn't have to deal with people at the store not knowing about the DLC.

Learn how to move, figure out your fast safe moves, figure out which moves launch, figure out which moves launch or stagger on counter hit, figure out a simple easy to do combo for each launcher/counter hit situation.

In that order for starters

Sounds good, I guess I should really stay in Training mode for awhile then lol

Gonna learn Angel and . . . someone else

Top Bottom