• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Sayah

i set my ps3 to a static ip and then run dmz for it.

I know its not the case for everyone but opening ports dont mean jack. Its not till i set dmz (or gaming mode that some routers call it) that it works. Hell, running in dmz changes my nat3 to a nat 2.

You will have to explain me how to do this on the PS3. I have no clue how to set anything lol

CSX

You will have to explain me how to do this on the PS3. I have no clue how to set anything lol

Do you know how to do this on a pc? Its pretty much the same thing cept you go to network settings -> manual settings on ps3.

Any info you dont know you just set to auto.

Takuan

Yeah, mine is 16 digits too. PSN codes only have room for 12 characters.

And it's not like they were rude or anything, and in the past the reps have been really helpful, but this time all of the people that I spoke to didn't seem to really know what I was talking about. They kept asking the same questions over and over again.

Then when the one person asked if I was going to get mad I was really thrown by that. I understand that working on a customer service line they probably get a lot of verbal abuse, but I was nothing but polite with all of them, even after I got hung up on.

It's funny, the whole reason I pre-ordered online was so I didn't have to deal with people at the store not knowing about the DLC.

Guess I've got a phone call to make. :lol

Yeah, the actual CSRs are generally quite polite - it's whatever system they use to track Canadian orders that's the problem.

Got the Tekken combo
XvLXf.jpg

I'll play around with it I guess. Thanks. :)

I use a router with a direct connection to my PS3.

I go into my router by typing in my IP address in my browser, and set the PS3 IP address to DMZ. While you're in there, you may as well open up some ports for GGPO, if you play it.

Also, can someone point me in the direction of something that will tell me how to play my own songs in TTT2? Is it as easy as loading them on a jump drive and putting them on the PS3?

Lothars

Guess I've got a phone call to make. :lol

Yeah, the actual CSRs are generally quite polite - it's whatever system they use to track Canadian orders that's the problem.

Yeah, mine is 16 digits too. PSN codes only have room for 12 characters.

And it's not like they were rude or anything, and in the past the reps have been really helpful, but this time all of the people that I spoke to didn't seem to really know what I was talking about. They kept asking the same questions over and over again.

Then when the one person asked if I was going to get mad I was really thrown by that. I understand that working on a customer service line they probably get a lot of verbal abuse, but I was nothing but polite with all of them, even after I got hung up on.

It's funny, the whole reason I pre-ordered online was so I didn't have to deal with people at the store not knowing about the DLC.
I got it for xbox and got my card but it did come with a 16 digit web code, so maybe that's what they gave you.

I am still trying to figure out what the web code is for.

DR2K

Banned
First impressions

-Tag system isn't as straightforward, going to take a while to learn it, everything else is the exact same since Tekken 6
-Visuals are pretty muddy, but you get used to it
-Bikini's are mostly palatte swaps, can't be recolored as far as I know.
-No intro's for story
-Ending cgs have been high quality and entertaining so far
-Music is godly
-Netcode works, so far so good.

Not much else to it. Great fighter that any fighting game fan should try.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
What is up with the load times on the PS3 version? Even installed, the game seems to have to pause briefly to load up the graphics on the menu and even had to load the OUTFIT SELECTION on the character select screen. Yuck.

I got it for xbox and got my card but it did come with a 16 digit web code, so maybe that's what they gave you.

I am still trying to figure out what the web code is for.
Hmmm, that's weird. I don't know much about how the 360 store works, so I just assumed that it was a 360 code. It's definitely not a PSN code, I know that much.

Oh well, hopefully I'll have the right code by tonight.

zlatko

Banned
First impressions

-Tag system isn't as straightforward, going to take a while to learn it, everything else is the exact same since Tekken 6
-No intro's for story
-Music is godly

So a 7.5/10 ?

XD

Takuan

First impressions

-No intro's for story
-Music is godly

I was hoping they'd have optimized the engine some to at least be able to output at 720p. I don't care so much about AA. Ah well, Tekken 6 looked OK to me, it was more the sloppy netcode that ultimately turned me off that game.

Sayah

I use a router with a direct connection to my PS3.

I go into my router by typing in my IP address in my browser, and set the PS3 IP address to DMZ. While you're in there, you may as well open up some ports for GGPO, if you play it.

Also, can someone point me in the direction of something that will tell me how to play my own songs in TTT2? Is it as easy as loading them on a jump drive and putting them on the PS3?

I don't even know my routers password and login. lol
Will have to wait till my brother gets home. But thanks, I'm gonna try to set the IP address to DMZ and see if it works then.

Anyone able to register for WTF yet? Keep getting 'unknown error occurred" :\

EDIT: fourth time is a charm, but the e-mail went straight to my hotmail spambox.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
How so? Minus Scenario Campaign (which was a terribly boring slog), TTT2 seems to have all the single player modes T6 had and then some.

When he says casually I think he means non fighting game fans or people that just pick it up to screw around for a bit that will never dedicate time to get good at the game. You know casual

this game looks much better in person that any footage i've seen on youtube or elsewhere.

could also be that way cuz i'm playing on a big ass LED tv :D

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
How so? Minus Scenario Campaign (which was a terribly boring slog), TTT2 seems to have all the single player modes T6 had and then some.

TTT2 also has an improved ghost system that uploads and downloads ghosts automatically every time you go to the online menu. Ghosts were near useless in T6 due to the clunky methods for searching for and manually downloading individual user ghosts.

Oh, and TTT2 does save offline VS mode replays automatically in your replay battle log. Don't forget to check that out and save them if you want to keep one.

kyo27

this game looks much better in person that any footage i've seen on youtube or elsewhere.

could also be that way cuz i'm playing on a big ass LED tv :D

Does it look a lot better than T6? It was disappointing that Soul Calibur looked so much better even though Tekken is the flagship fighter for Namco. And how bad is the AA? I won't be able to try the game until tonight.

rBL5d.png

I agree, although I think I'm more angry at the people I see playing solo because they don't want to learn the system now, and just want wins.

Oh well, their loss. I'll be trying out all sorts of dumb teams tonight.

zlatko

Banned
rBL5d.png

I agree, although I think I'm more angry at the people I see playing solo because they don't want to learn the system now, and just want wins.

Oh well, their loss. I'll be trying out all sorts of dumb teams tonight.

I won't lie I'm tempted to just do a solo Steve Fox and stick with that. :p

Takuan

Can anyone who ordered the 360 version of the game from EBGames.ca confirm whether it also comes with the bikini DLC? I'm looking at the page and it doesn't give that indication, but I'm thinking it might have been a mistake on their part. I don't know why they would include it for PS3 and not the 360.

I won't lie I'm tempted to just do a solo Steve Fox and stick with that. :p

I think eventually the ability of teams to manipulate red life and test the opponents knowledge of two characters will win out over solo teams.

But, everyone should play what they want.

Top Bottom