• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

GrayFoxPL

f+3,f+2 (or is it F+3,2?) air bounds. His juggles look fairly easy. No duck cancel combos anymore and I just learned to do the Wildman pretty consistently :(

To bring back f+1+2 as a power crush move seems clever.

You still can use Wildman to break floors.

LowParry

I so need to see her in action. If she's in the game. :(

LWIBHq3.jpg

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Why can't I block this?

iKp8UE9xAL8nK.gif

block stun? Imagine blocking a medium attack, being pushed back, then being hit by an overhead or a direct hit. Like a high normal hit stun into a low kick.

His kicks are quick and fast. The same would be if you could throw someone after they were pushed back. No damage, but you're not at zero or even +1 frames anymore.

I'm down for some TTT2 sometime too, my tag is my sn here.

It's fun when you get hatemail. That means you're playing right and winning. :p

As far as Bryan combination......try Dragunov maybe?

I've tried playing Dragunov long time ago, but I never got down his potential. I knew he had some great move sets, but he always seemed a bit string heavy. I'll have to try him again.

GrayFoxPL

^I don't understand a word you're saying.

Above setup works because rff ff+4,3 is +15 on block and 2,b+4 startup is 10.

That's the whole story.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

That's the whole story.

That makes sense. I just thought there was a block stun because you can see Law being pushed back/stunned by his first move.

sasuke_91

That's the whole story.
Second kick is high so it's a bit risky. Also, that 2,b4 is kind of a just frame move, so you have to time it right.
At the wall, that setup is your number one option because it wall splats (veery scary). I never do it though, for whatever reason. Maybe I'm afraid of my opponent ducking^^

Pachimari

What are these +10 numbers and what do they mean?

And there's frame moves now?

I tell you there's a hundred of systems. Overwhelming.

LowParry

You don't need to be able to read/remember frame data to get into Tekken^^

My post above does not refer to boutdown's gif by the way. It's a bit more complicated in that case :p

That may be true but when you have a player who has this knowledge and that player who's new is trying to understand why after a certain move, I'm able to punish with ease. "Frames frames blah blah blah". At this point, they say fuck it I'm done. And go back to Call of Duty.

AAK

Forgot about the high/mid/low properties, I always assumed they'd be universal. Maybe Catarina's super is also high which caused Lili's BT d+3 to crush it?

Manbig

I honestly think that Steve's super being ducked is a Kunimitsu style oversight, because that punch sure as hell looks like a mid.

Sayah

Final Tekken 7 impressions:

1. Graphics are amazing. And I look forward to the additional improvements they are making. I want to see sweat, dirt, etc. on characters. A lot of work can still be done to improve. But I am amazed by the backgrounds. Very vivid and colorful. Also, keep the sparks as they are. After watching the location test and videos for three days, I am already used to them.

Alternatively, I think everyone was hoping for a new art style direction (sans Tekken 4) but that clearly is not going to happen. I guess I'm not too upset with this since gameplay is more important anyway. Plus, they should be able to satisfy with the second and third costumes for most characters.

2. Gameplay changes are interesting. I was first worried about reports that bound was completely out. But shortly after, we started seeing the flop mechanic and I was confident again. I am happy with that. Also, I want the ragearts damage to be toned down a little. That Claudio rageart is taking like 50% damage. Way too high.

And it seems like okizemie will play a less significant role now that they've changed the wakeup options. Kind of sucks since that was such an interesting part of Tekken 6 and TTT2.

3. Roster. I find little interest in the new characters. Hopefully, the other new characters are better. Like I would have much more preferred seeing Kazumi. And that tease with those locked character screens.

4. Customization --> Please take out those ugly customs. Those wings look so dumb and outdated. Also, provide option to not see other people's customs online.

Overall, I'm very excited for this game. Largely because I want to return to 1v1. If it ends up being terrible or boring, we will always have GOTF TTT2. I hope TTT2 servers never go down.

I didn't like Claudio's design too much, but I'm intrigued by the magic hand thing. I hope there is some interesting mechanic behind it. Also, his hopkick looks awesome. Katarina is just disappointing all round, but I'll need to see her full movelist before writing her off.

Was really hoping we'd see Kazumi in action too. Her design is fantastic and if she has the movelist to match she'll be an instant favourite.

GrayFoxPL

I think Ragearts have properties similar to normal moves. High, mid, tracking, linar, guard stunning, safe, punishable.

Like Hwo's looks safe but at the same time looks very steppable.
Alisa's causes guard break and is very plus on block, you can see it done against Nobi's Drag, he eats free jabs after block. But also this super is high and I saw how someone went under her to the back.

They'll probably balance rageart damage acording to thier properties. Those easy comboable will likely do less damage then slow ones. Nobi tried to combo Drag rageart and no go, but he didn't try after raw flop/tailspin.
Of course Steve's doing 80% just because it's high is still retarded because it freezes oponent anyway and getting 80% damage because you throw a jab will cause murders.

So yeah they need to think hard to balance every Rageart.

When I get everything up in my new apartment, are any of you up for playing against me and see where I lie? And maybe help me out?

It still frustrates me that I have played Tekken since the first and can still be beat by new ones spamming the same move etc.

I'm working on my movement and sidestepping but should also get to know when to use what kind of getup and which combos to make use of to do good juggling.

I'm poor at juggling and not that good at launching or using bound at all. I'm still no good at denying grabs too.

I suck but wanna be a champ. Though I suck.

I've also been playing Tekken since the first game and wish I was better also. I understand who you feel. I'm probably in no position to critique though lol. Honestly, I do not play much now though to tell the truth. I think I stopped playing seriously for at least 8 months straight while most of my fiends just keep playing diligently. I'm ok at juggling I guess, but horrible at throw breaking. My movement and side-stepping definitely needs work as well. I'm in the US though, so I am not sure if we would get a decent connection. One of my friends is from the UK and we typically get a pretty good connection though, so you never know.

AAK

I honestly think that Steve's super being ducked is a Kunimitsu style oversight, because that punch sure as hell looks like a mid.

I think in RIP's day 2 compilation we see Feng's super miss on King after king whiffed a d/b+3. Could be the sorry hitboxes again...

AAK

Hey guys, EWGF is not safe anymore on block in Tekken 7 ?

It's not just safe, it's still + on block. Some people reported that Kazuya's rage art devil transformation changes the properties but we have no video to confirm or deny that.

Final Tekken 7 impressions:

1. Graphics are amazing. And I look forward to the additional improvements they are making. I want to see sweat, dirt, etc. on characters. A lot of work can still be done to improve. But I am amazed by the backgrounds. Very vivid and colorful. Also, keep the sparks as they are. After watching the location test and videos for three days, I am already used to them.

Alternatively, I think everyone was hoping for a new art style direction (sans Tekken 4) but that clearly is not going to happen. I guess I'm not too upset with this since gameplay is more important anyway. Plus, they should be able to satisfy with the second and third costumes for most characters.

Overall if the game looks the same (minus the framerate) as the location test I'll be happy. Yeah the game is still a work in progress, but I still hoped for one major thing and it's something that they included in T4. I want the return of deformation to the outfits. Jin's hoodie in T4 would fall down after a knockdown and it was cool to see. I want to see the same thing again. Catarina's sunglasses should fall off after getting hit in the face. Paul/Kazuya's hair should get more and more dishevelled as the fight goes on, Xiaoyu's ribbons to hold her ponytail get loose, and so on. But alas, they are recycling the same models from Tekken 6 so I guess I should only expect something like that when they reboot the franchise and make completely new models with their own parameters of interactivity/variance.

2. Gameplay changes are interesting. I was first worried about reports that bound was completely out. But shortly after, we started seeing the flop mechanic and I was confident again. I am happy with that. Also, I want the ragearts damage to be toned down a little. That Claudio rageart is taking like 50% damage. Way too high.

And it seems like okizemie will play a less significant role now that they've changed the wakeup options. Kind of sucks since that was such an interesting part of Tekken 6 and TTT2.

I think the new air-bounds are brilliant. And unlike T6 bound they don't disappear after a floor break or a balcony break. Although things can definitely change. I remember in T6.0 for arcades, you can do a juggle with a bound and when you get a character to the wall, the bound counter resets and you can get a second bound at the wall haha. Of course they patched that out :p

As for the okizeme, they basically have taken stuff out, BUT if the new backpain stun from King's d/b+2 is universal.. then I'm OK with the changes since there is always that means of going for okizeme.

I've already vented about supers :p

3. Roster. I find little interest in the new characters. Hopefully, the other new characters are better. Like I would have much more preferred seeing Kazumi. And that tease with those locked character screens.

I honestly don't care if anymore of the old cast return (I'll definitely miss Julia) but I want tons of brand new characters. The old cast is too similar so far, I want a ton of new characters to make the game feel more fresh.

4. Customization --> Please take out those ugly customs. Those wings look so dumb and outdated. Also, provide option to not see other people's customs online.

This xinfinity

The current customs are ugly as sin and make the game look so much worse. The only word I can use to describe these disgusting customs is tragic.

Dereck

What is more frustrating about the costumes/in-game costume destruction/customizable items is that I have 100% surety that none of our criticisms or suggestions will be met at all. I see all of the above handled exactly how Tekken 6 has handled.

AAK

The thing that infuriates me beyond anything is the talent that they got for the new character designs:

Mari Shimazaki:

211206.jpg

igBctzhz8sRGn.png

Yusuke Kozaki:

yusukekozaki02.jpg

yusukekozaki10.jpg

Ninnin

Dmr4-v2a.jpg
Dmd18-11b.jpg

Kenichiro Yoshimura (Max Anarchy/Anarchy Reigns)

mgr_mistral_03_thumb.jpg

And yet they are refusing to change the base character and relegate them to doing what I assume are gonna be customs now since it's confirmed that the old Tekken cast will "retain their iconic look". Damn what a waste of talent. Oh well, at least everything else is looking stellar for this game. Just sucks knowing it won't have tag :p

Also, found the Feng super whiff

AAK

Freeze who? The player doing the super or the one getting hit by it?

From what I've seen it's just a move with an initial animation that suspends the game in a cutscene "just like SCV" before it returns to the game where both players continue their inputs (but in slomo).

AAK

That's actually a really nice observation. And the slowdown will also make sidestep punishing a lot easier. Pretty big buff for Mishima's (and especially Mr. JFSR :p)

Edit: actually, their health is already at a paltry amount so you don't even need to launch punish it. It truly is the ultimate hail Mary.

Pachimari

I've also been playing Tekken since the first game and wish I was better also. I understand who you feel. I'm probably in no position to critique though lol. Honestly, I do not play much now though to tell the truth. I think I stopped playing seriously for at least 8 months straight while most of my fiends just keep playing diligently. I'm ok at juggling I guess, but horrible at throw breaking. My movement and side-stepping definitely needs work as well. I'm in the US though, so I am not sure if we would get a decent connection. One of my friends is from the UK and we typically get a pretty good connection though, so you never know.
I think I have a bunch of you on my friend list already. I used to have a different name in here.

About time, I guess Harada knows how the fans are tired of seeing the same outfits since 5.
It would also be a big wasted opportunity with those talented designers on board.

If Kuni returns she should keep her TTT2 default since she hasn't been in a canon Tekken game since 2. Also I like her look.

Top Bottom