• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Fraeon

I've been pondering and checking the stream and the game in general and think I like a lot of what I see in Tekken 7. The damage is out there but the combos seem toned down to Tekken 6 levels as far as length go. The game looks gorgeous even with the shitty stream quality, though I wish the retouched the animations a bit: they look pretty much Tekken 6 level. I even like the rage super and the hyper armored power crush, just wish there wasn't armor on the super. Rounds are super short, which is something I really like. Not too fond of the slowmo effects, though.

Super excited for the game, though. Wasn't feeling it yesterday but seeing more of it has me exited.

Sayah

I've been pondering and checking the stream and the game in general and think I like a lot of what I see in Tekken 7. The damage is out there but the combos seem toned down to Tekken 6 levels as far as length go. The game looks gorgeous even with the shitty stream quality, though I wish the retouched the animations a bit: they look pretty much Tekken 6 level. I even like the rage super and the hyper armored power crush, just wish there wasn't armor on the super. Rounds are super short, which is something I really like. Not too fond of the slowmo effects, though.

Super excited for the game, though. Wasn't feeling it yesterday but seeing more of it has me exited.

Yesterday, we had only cam footage. Today, on stream, we saw a lot of good players playing. I think that made all the difference honestly.

Then you would have to remove Lings Aop Stance. Mid crushing is fine when the opponent is near grounded like when Lili crushed katarina's rage art. Things like lightning screw Asukas f+2 shouldn't mid crush though.

Sayah

I'm so hype for Tekken 7. I love the direction they're taking it.

Rage art damage is way high for some people (Claudio) and way low for others (Feng). I think that needs to be consolidated. They will most likely be fixing this for the final release. Now the wait begins.

Also, the Tekken 7 thread produced some quality observations. "All those PS1 animations in an ugly 2D fighting game. Not interested."

I don't blame boutdown for staying out of gaming Tekken threads, lol.

Also, the Tekken 7 thread produced some quality observations. "All those PS1 animations in an ugly 2D fighting game. Not interested."

I don't blame boutdown for staying out of gaming Tekken threads, lol.

Haha, so true! so frustrating.
It's both funny and sad to read some of these drive-by observations.

sasuke_91

Very interested to see how Tekken 7 will develop.

For now, here is a reasonable critique on power crush and rage art moves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pknTPg6aInc

Interesting. I mostly agree with him. I hope they'll go through a lot of optimization before breaking the game :p
When I first saw power crush moves I thought they were just like invincibles, but the fact that you eat the damage for attacks during the animation seems fair. I still have mixed feelings about rage art, but it's not that bad.

Good games Sayah. Everything was fine until you brought out your main team. I just can't handle Anna/Nina! >_<
I'm like "I can attack now". Nope, counterhit, launch.
"This move looks like it's punishable". Nope, counterhit, launch.
"Can I at least interrupt this?". Nope, counterhit, launch.
"He'll go for a low now". Nope, counterhit, launch.
That's what it feels like playing Williams sisters^^
I seriously have to go into practice mode and study their strings and punishable moves.

GrayFoxPL

Hmm...

If you dig deeper into Throwback facebook site "Gaming/arcade community in Tokyo"

Go here and click Tekken 7 location test day 3, interesting info appears:

Last chance to try out Tekken 7 till it's release next year!

Could this be the only public test they'll have before release? Could it be out sooner then we think? Hmm. Maybe it's just worded badly.

LowParry

Could this be the only public test they'll have before release? Could it be out sooner then we think? Hmm. Maybe it's just worded badly.

No way. They'll get a final release out first to arcades. The question will come down to will we see a big update during it's arcade time into a sort Tekken 7: Family Feud Edition with a couple more characters to add in and feedback to tweek before console release. Unless they're skipping and doing console type of updates later, I dunno. I just don't think Namco will want to do the free content anymore while every other fighter out there is charging DLC for their games. Be kind Namco. Please.

Edit: Yes, I read it wrong but you get the point. lol

LowParry

I meant the arcade release.

Yeah I caught that. lol

For sure we'll see it in Arcades next year. It's the console port we all want though I'm sure. Will we get the good'ol Tekken 6 treatment of wait 2 years after or maybe see a more GGXrd approach and have the game cook for about 6 months in arcades then bring it to console with some additional content.

Sayah

Good games Sayah. Everything was fine until you brought out your main team. I just can't handle Anna/Nina! >_<
I'm like "I can attack now". Nope, counterhit, launch.
"This move looks like it's punishable". Nope, counterhit, launch.
"Can I at least interrupt this?". Nope, counterhit, launch.
"He'll go for a low now". Nope, counterhit, launch.
That's what it feels like playing Williams sisters^^
I seriously have to go into practice mode and study their strings and punishable moves.

GGs. :)

Sorry I had to leave early. Had to go mow the lawn. lol
And Sorry X2. Everybody hates my Williams.

Dereck

Harada is so full of shit with his iconic costume crap. The worst thing about this is that it should be so easy for them to make new costumes for all of the characters, but they don't even bother. God damn

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'm psyched for some Tekken. I received my first hate e-mail tonight from a lovely user on Tekken Revolution.

Apparently if you juggle a lot your aren't a fighter. I was a "B*tch" and not a good player.

I never got hate mail playing TTT2.

Does anyone have a good match for Bryan? I use Kazuya, Heihachi, and sometimes Devil Jin. I've been sticking with Bryan/Kazuya, but I see that combination is seen quite a bit. Bryan is my main after so many years.

Here's what the message said
"bitch, stfu ok leave it at that i said my peace you did nothing but juggle me the entire time i couldn't even block thats retarded you don't play to have fun you play to show how small minded you are a 8 year old puts more thought into playing a video game then your retarded ass just bc you know how to juggle doesn't mean you're a good fighter just means you mastered his combos thats keeps your defenseless opponent in the air thats not fighting you are a good juggler i'll give u that but fighter? no"
Bz_J1_z_TIYAAJSu_A.jpg

Did I not leave the door open when you came in? I'm sorry if I did

Harada is so full of shit with his iconic costume crap. The worst thing about this is that it should be so easy for them to make new costumes for all of the characters, but they don't even bother. God damn

It's a design/branding decision and we should respect it.

Kazuya already has an awesome new 2P costume. I'm sure others will follow.

Thx. It's only location test version. We will add more new characters, arts, costume, win/lose pose and re-build game systems. Also graphic power is 60% now. We will Improvement.
Thanks!

And if it's anything like Tekken 6 they'll have plenty of sexy character exclusive customization and hopefully some full unlockable costumes like this.

Sayah

I'm psyched for some Tekken. I received my first hate e-mail tonight from a lovely user on Tekken Revolution.

Apparently if you juggle a lot your aren't a fighter. I was a "B*tch" and not a good player.

Does anyone have a good match for Bryan? I use Kazuya, Heihachi, and sometimes Devil Jin. I've been sticking with Bryan/Kazuya, but I see that combination is seen quite a bit. Bryan is my main after so many years.

"bitch, stfu ok leave it at that i said my peace you did nothing but juggle me the entire time i couldn't even block thats retarded you don't play to have fun you play to show how small minded you are a 8 year old puts more thought into playing a video game then your retarded ass just bc you know how to juggle doesn't mean you're a good fighter just means you mastered his combos thats keeps your defenseless opponent in the air thats not fighting you are a good juggler i'll give u that but fighter? no"

It's fun when you get hatemail. That means you're playing right and winning. :p

As far as Bryan combination......try Dragunov maybe?

GrayFoxPL

I wish I knew what Harada is saying right now on the stream.

Edit:
Did he mention my Silat comment or was it my imagination?

GrayFoxPL

How's possible to never get hate mail in TTT2?

I get regularly every time I play. Like warm bread in the morning.

sasuke_91

GGs. :)

Sorry I had to leave early. Had to go mow the lawn. lol
And Sorry X2. Everybody hates my Williams.

Nah. No need to apologize^^ It's just my lack of character knowledge. I always get beaten by them and I want to cry when I'm up against them in ranking matches.

And at this juncture, I'm predicting a Q3 2016 console release for T7. May be better this way, instead of us getting a rushed console release.

2 years from now? I hope not. I want to see Tekken 7 in arcades in december or Q1 2015 and on consoles in Q1 2016.

That means you're not playing right :p
Just kidding, but do you play a lot of ranked in TTT2? I always get 1 or 2, especially when I'm on a win streak.

Dereck

It's a design/branding decision and we should respect it.
5qWL5Ao.png

This is not the issue.

He can keep putting those costumes in the new games, as long as there are at least 3-4 alternate (Bandai Namco) created costumes. The ability to customize characters is a moot point if all I can do is add accessories and stupid shit like jeans with chaps, tennis shoes, ice cream cones and cartoonish tops. I want to see real costumes that these characters would actually wear.

Here's an example, there is no way Paul walks around in that red gi all of the time. You think this guy ride's his bike in his gi? Man, the default Tekken 7 costume for Paul should have been a biker's outfit with his hair down, while wearing a black bandana, that would be sick.

The bigger issue is that with Tekken, these are presented as real people, so over the course of the series, they have aged, done new things, and have had their storylines progress. In Tekken 3-5 we can see in some ending movies/storylines where the character is not wearing his or her in-game costume. So, when I see them wearing the same costume, it takes me out of the realism of the game. Unless Tekken 5-7 is legitimately only 1 year in Tekken time, then I wouldn't mind. Where the fuck has Jin's school costume been, is he still in school? Tekken has kind of said fuck you to this idea I think.

Someone come in here in tell me I'm wrong because I would love to be told that, I don't think anything I've said is based on anything other than fuzzy memory evidence.

EDIT: I'm gonna use Nina as an example, let's see how many costumes I can count, and I bet you (Tekken GAF), that none of these costumes have been brought to any newer Tekkens.

Bam, Tekken 1, 2 costumes already.

HDWjNn3.jpg

The 2P costume we never see again ever, and the purple costume has been changed over and over.

z4yQrXo.jpg

In Tekken 2 the purple costume was changed again, and she's wearing a green costume which we also never see again.

h4hXevw.jpg

Nina, frankly looking stylish as fuck in Tekken 3, look at this costume, perfect, but Harada said fuck it.

7rrcqLk.jpg

CauzK0R.jpg

Another different looking purple costume.

2 more completely distinctive costumes from Tag.

4jMLH39.jpg

Nina with a bun? Pretty cool, 2 more costumes, with purple one looking more similar to Tekken 5/6/Tag 2

uqCiBBG.jpg

A gold costume from Tekken 5

3Qfvwx9.jpg

Red jacket/white pants from Tekken 6, where did it go?

YgIoP2A.png

rOSiIRx.jpg
XwdcCT9.jpg

Let's count how many costumes Nina has had.

1. Purple T1 outfit with ankle brace
2. Black T1 outfit
3. T2 fatigues
4. Purple T2 outfit
5. Red leopard shirt with black pants
6. Tag 1 red outfit
7. Tag 1 blue outfit
8. T4 Violet outfit
9. T5 gold outfit
10. Blood Vengeance
11. Red jacket/white pants
12. Death by Degrees

Wouldn't it be cool if we could just unlock these costumes in game, or have them as DLC, or....something?

In Tekken Tag 2, I'm able to buy Law's 2P outfit from Tekken 4/5/6, you can also buy Hwoarang's 1P outfit from Tekken 3, just more of this, please.

I too really want some new costumes, especially the defaults. I would be really bummed if the defaults for most of the characters were still the same as they were in the few previous games. I don't know how likely it would be for them to change up the default costumes for a lot of the characters, but that is something that would be quite refreshing. You can still have a character's iconic appearance while changing aspects of their costume.

I think you're showing a trend with Nina's 1P costume being the same (but improved) over the years and the 2P costume being unique to that instalment. T7 will probably continue that tradition.

I would love if they added all of the old outfits into the game as DLC (I'd pay like, 30 bucks to have every version of Yoshi in the one game lol). That may or may not happen. Either way it's too early to complain. We've hardly seen anything yet.

Pachimari

When I get everything up in my new apartment, are any of you up for playing against me and see where I lie? And maybe help me out?

It still frustrates me that I have played Tekken since the first and can still be beat by new ones spamming the same move etc.

I'm working on my movement and sidestepping but should also get to know when to use what kind of getup and which combos to make use of to do good juggling.

I'm poor at juggling and not that good at launching or using bound at all. I'm still no good at denying grabs too.

I suck but wanna be a champ. Though I suck.

sasuke_91

When I get everything up in my new apartment, are any of you up for playing against me and see where I lie? And maybe help me out?

It still frustrates me that I have played Tekken since the first and can still be beat by new ones spamming the same move etc.

I'm working on my movement and sidestepping but should also get to know when to use what kind of getup and which combos to make use of to do good juggling.

I'm poor at juggling and not that good at launching or using bound at all. I'm still no good at denying grabs too.

I suck but wanna be a champ. Though I suck.
Where do you live? And who is your main team?
I'll play with you sometimes if you want.

GrayFoxPL

Bryan Rage Art

His "Yiss!" always cracks me up.

PlushEnchantingBullfrog.gif

Btw I thought Bryan has no new moves in this build, but I did finally see his new 3 punch string. It may be something like df+2,1,2.

Wonkey says we'll see T7 soon again.

15 days guys.

Harada on twitter.
It's only location test version. We will add more new characters, arts, costume, win/lose pose and re-build game systems. Also graphic power is 60% now. We will Improvement.
Thanks!

So couple Rage Arts per character or he means rage arts for missing characters?

I'm happy getting new costumes and win poses!

Top Bottom