• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

I understand Armor King. but Marduk?!?!?

noooooooooooooo
FreshPrinceCryDance.gif

Sayah

I think Anna's out too. That new Claudio character has one of her moves. Though, I guess True Ogre/Ogre also borrowed her CR 1+2. So who knows. Can't make any definitive conclusions yet.

At least Manny has his secondary (Dragunov) still if Marduk does end up getting canned.

I hope Marduk isn't out, though. He's a pretty unique character and one of the less annoying ones.

Manbig

I think Anna's out too. That new Claudio character has one of her moves. Though, I guess True Ogre/Ogre also borrowed her CR 1+2. So who knows. Can't make any definitive conclusions yet.

At least Manny has his secondary (Dragunov) still if Marduk does end up getting canned.

I hope Marduk isn't out, though. He's a pretty unique character and one of the less annoying ones.

Indeed. As sad as I would be about Marduk not making the cut, I'm impressed enough with what I've seen from the footage so far to just live with playing Dragunov if I have to.

Posting what I posted in the Stream thread

Tekken 7 is looking ALOT more solid than TTT2.

Power Crushes and Rage Arts seem to be like opposite counter parts.

Power Crushes to reset or continue your pressure at the cost of life. Particularly useful in the Rage situation when you're winning and have life to spare and your opponent is in rage.

Rage Arts as a clutch(and very hard to clutch might I add) comeback mechanic. Its slow as hell. You get rage at a very low amount of health and even then its pretty much useless to go for it if you're on chip status. To get the best use out of it, you'd have to be right at the point where rage starts. Raw Rage Arts need to do about 50% because its so hard to land them raw. They're probably more useful and less risk on the player's part to land them in a combo.

The game is looking solid and honestly I'd play Lok test version as is.

Dereck

I was trying to tell a guy I know that Armor King/King and Anna/Nina are NOT clones.

So, how much of these characters are not clones, and how much are?

Just saw Alisa's rage art. It involves chainsaws and rocket arms, naturally.

I'm so happy with how T7 is turning out. Watching decent players have a go at it makes all the difference.

Also, flop > bound.

GrayFoxPL

I'm back.

How's the stream? What did I miss?

Nico nico just broke the stream and told me to get premium membership.

wtf man

Shameless.

If you watch how matches play out, its very hard to get into a position to where you can do Rage Arts without getting killed during it. Either you successfully armor the attack. Someone is pressing buttons after activation for whatever reason, its quick enough to whiff punish(which is rare). or you combo into it which is safest.

Then you have shit like This

I mean am I shameless for reading people's tag crash and getting a Baek/Violet BT TA combo(more in some cases actually) that does the same amount of damage with maybe a lil more effort but without any risk?

sasuke_91

As far as I know, rage arts crush mids and highs, but not lows and grabs. They're -15 on block and extremely slow, so you're pretty much dead after that.
I'm pretty hyped for Tekken 7 :)

Oh, and Eid Mubarak Tekken GAF :D

GrayFoxPL

From Stream.

Flops/airbounds:

Hei - b+1,2

Kaz - df+1,4

Bryan - ff+4

Drags b4,3 doesn't do this, sorry Doom. I bet on df+1,4.

Xiayou's face look......different Almost anime-style. I am not even sure if that is a modified Tekken Revolution face. Wouldn't that be ironic if the women in DOA5 ended up going for a more realistic style and appearance and the women in Tekken go the more cartoony/anime route like Tekken Revolution? The again, I'll probably need to play it in person to formulate a proper opinion.

Top Bottom