• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

GrayFoxPL

So storyline can go two ways.

Scenario 1: Claudio ends up being another Shin Kamiya and gets his ass handed to him by Heihachi. The contrasts would be too similar since he also has power glowing hands/arms that he has bandaged.

Scenario 2: He exorcises the demon and ends the devil gene curse in the family.

I'm very surprised they're taking this route. I mean I never connected Tekken Devil with Christan belief devil or devil minions because that kind of demons exorcist take care off. I rather thought this was Japanese anime style devil, Urotsukidoji or smth. I don't think guy responsible for T7 story knows exactly too, lol.

But apart of this I'm afraid the ending will be lame.

I mean I always thought Kazuya has taken control of Devil and everything he does is Kazuya's own will. But I read theories that Kazuya is all the time controlled by Devil. If they end the saga by Claudio doing exorcism on Kazuya and that he'll suddenly become "good" I'm gonna puke rainbows.

Only hope in grumpy asshole Heihachi braking Claudio's face before this bullshit happens. ;)

AAK

I anticipate a corny ending where Claudio extinguishes the Devil from Kazuya turning him into a good guy in the end reconciling with Heihachi and living happily ever after.

And then they murder Lars together /bestending

GrayFoxPL

I anticipate a corny ending where Claudio extinguishes the Devil from Kazuya turning him into a good guy in the end reconciling with Heihachi and living happily ever after.

And then they murder Lars together /bestending

Lol.

And Lars
comes back as Devil Lars.

#NewTekkenSaga

Sayah

I'm very surprised they're taking this route. I mean I never connected Tekken Devil with Christan belief devil or devil minions because that kind of demons exorcist take care off. I rather thought this was Japanese anime style devil, Urotsukidoji or smth. I don't think guy responsible for T7 story knows exactly too, lol.

But apart of this I'm afraid the ending will be lame.

I mean I always thought Kazuya has taken control of Devil and everything he does is Kazuya's own will. But I read theories that Kazuya is all the time controlled by Devil. If they end the saga by Claudio doing exorcism on Kazuya and that he'll suddenly become "good" I'm gonna puke rainbows.

Only hope in grumpy asshole Heihachi braking Claudio's face before this bullshit happens. ;)

Yeah, I don't want that type of feel-good lame ending. I'm having doubts they will go with that anyway. Of if they do, I'm predicting a lot of character deaths in the process anyway.

Claudio is a quincy

Everyone keeps saying this and I don't understand this reference.

What anime is this from?

GrayFoxPL

If guy in the trailer saying he's an "exorcisto!" isn't enough, Claudio's last name is "Serafino" or "Serafimo" like Serafin/Seraphim kind of super angelic being with six wings flying around Throne of God. Also having some kind of fire\flame connection.

Yeah Namco, I think we get the picture already.

Bakoery

Tekken-7-gif-6.gif

Really excited to see what the final version will look like.

Man I love this GIF. Makes me so hyped about Tekken 7. This game needs to come out NOW!

Sayah

Have I missed something? When did we get actual footage of Tekken 7?

Yes. There was a trailer a few days ago. But note, this is a work in progress so visuals are not final in their current form.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjZbdHfn44k

Harada also said this trailer was for the arcade operators in Japan and not for "the players."

YouTube video was really grainy looking for me even in 1080p.

I just want to see the final product with the visuals running at full capacity.

If guy in the trailer saying he's an "exorcisto!" isn't enough, Claudio's last name is "Serafino" or "Serafimo" like Serafin/Seraphim kind of super angelic being with six wings flying around Throne of God. Also having some kind of fire\flame connection.

Yeah Namco, I think we get the picture already.

Nope fighting games go all the way, there are no subtleties.

Sayah

DEATH™;139339147 said:
U gonna buy them?

I wish. lol.

If college wasn't eating up my money and I had savings left over, I probably would have thought about it.

In any case, I'm not heavily invested into collecting figures anyway. But damn do these figures look cool right next to each other.

Dereck

This is one of the reasons why streamers ask for donations. It's hard out here for free Twitch users. Twitch likes to delete my archives after a few weeks. I back them up though.

DEATH™;139335496 said:
Somewhere in the east coast, someone's saving some serious dough for these...

Hint: It's Degen

zmm8oXO.png

@_@ @_O @_< >_< @_*

I like the way Anna is just standing there begging for Nina to kick her. Those are nice.

Dereck

I just asked Aris when Speedkicks is going to be on ATP Live, and he said when his Strongstyle match is released.

In NYC Fab's stream awhile ago, we were trying to get Bronson to spill the beans about when the next SS video would be released, but he ignored us.

AAK

Another tradition that I noticed was how every new numbered iteration of Tekken we got brand new default 1+3/2+4 throw animations for characters. Tekken 4 had Yoshi's throw now stabbing instead of the old 69 throw (which is still in SCV) ; Bryan getting the F5 into stunner ; Julia getting the sidewalk slam ; Hwoarang/Lee's new 2+4 animation among others. T5 updated the rest of the cast that were in TTT1 but missing from T4 like Baek/Jack/Bruce/etc. T6 was strange where I think only Paul got the updated armbar throw but everyone else's was still recycled from T5 (which were all recycled again for TTT2). But TTT2 did a lot for all the console characters... hope T7 will get a bunch updated this time round.

I just asked Aris when Speedkicks is going to be on ATP Live, and he said when his Strongstyle match is released.

In NYC Fab's stream awhile ago, we were trying to get Bronson to spill the beans about when the next SS video would be released, but he ignored us.

Dang that will be a while. But man that NYCFab stream was crazy. Fab and SK were going at it for like 5 hours straight or more. SK's Lars was insane.

GrayFoxPL

Another tradition that I noticed was how every new numbered iteration of Tekken we got brand new default 1+3/2+4 throw animations for characters. Tekken 4 had Yoshi's throw now stabbing instead of the old 69 throw (which is still in SCV) ; Bryan getting the F5 into stunner ; Julia getting the sidewalk slam ; Hwoarang/Lee's new 2+4 animation among others. T5 updated the rest of the cast that were in TTT1 but missing from T4 like Baek/Jack/Bruce/etc. T6 was strange where I think only Paul got the updated armbar throw but everyone else's was still recycled from T5 (which were all recycled again for TTT2). But TTT2 did a lot for all the console characters... hope T7 will get a bunch updated this time round.

Dang that will be a while. But man that NYCFab stream was crazy. Fab and SK were going at it for like 5 hours straight or more. SK's Lars was insane.

Yeah. I hoped for tons of new animations and moves. No go, it's just copy paste. Even Rage Arts are meshed from old animations apart of King's slam.

Edit: That's why I'm kinda excited for new characters, to see all the new animations and throws.

Dereck

Fab was getting pounded by SK's Lars for hours, hilarious

I'm seriously thinking of selling off my PS3 and upgrade to a PS4, but bummed I won't be able to play some games I have... with TTT2 being the one I am worried about.

I am considering getting a Wii U so I could just pick up the Wii U Version of TTT2

Xevren

Man watching Fab and SK go at it for so long was something else. It was a treat to watch.

sasuke_91

Fab was getting pounded by SK's Lars for hours, hilarious

Man watching Fab and SK go at it for so long was something else. It was a treat to watch.
Where's the archive? This sounds amazing and I missed it as usual.

Sayah

I'm seriously thinking of selling off my PS3 and upgrade to a PS4, but bummed I won't be able to play some games I have... with TTT2 being the one I am worried about.

I am considering getting a Wii U so I could just pick up the Wii U Version of TTT2

I can't even imagine selling my PS3. Got way too many digital and physical games for it.

The trend of not having backwards compatible consoles is annoying.

And as far as I'm aware, you can't play digitally bought PS3 games on PS4 either. I have a lot of PS1/PS2 stuff digitally as well but I should be able to play that on a PS4....right?

Selling off the PS3 and you still have games you want to play ? Not sure if it is worth it since there are games you want to play on it still. TTT2 on the WIi U is very solid, near identical port with extras, but the online community is much smaller I heard.

I can't even imagine selling my PS3. Got way too many digital and physical games for it.

The trend of not having backwards compatible consoles is annoying.

And as far as I'm aware, you can't play digitally bought PS3 games on PS4 either. I have a lot of PS1/PS2 stuff digitally as well but I should be able to play that on a PS4....right?

To my knowledge, I don't think you can play PS1/PS2 digital games on a PS4. I could be wrong though.

Sayah

To my knowledge, I don't think you can play PS1/PS2 digital games on a PS4. I could be wrong though.

Come on Sony.

Same with Nintendo. I bought a bunch of stuff on Wii's Virtual Console and I can't have that transferred over to a Wii U apparently. :/

Would have long sold PS3/Wii if I could do that but there's simply too many games I've bought but haven't played on both systems.

Actually, I would sell the Wii despite that but it also serves as my gamecube machine. Have Paper Mario: TTYD (MY MOST FAVORITE MARIO GAME) whenever I want to replay that.

Come on Sony.

Same with Nintendo. I bought a bunch of stuff on Wii's Virtual Console and I can't have that transferred over to a Wii U apparently. :/

Would have long sold PS3/Wii if I could do that but there's simply too many games I've bought but haven't played on both systems.

Actually, I would sell the Wii despite that but it also serves as my gamecube machine. Have Paper Mario: TTYD (MY MOST FAVORITE MARIO GAME) whenever I want to replay that.

Yeah, I'm pretty positive that you cannot play PS1/PS2 digital games on the PS4 unfortunately. I got a plethora of digital games on my PS3 also and that is disappointing. Honestly, I really would love to see backwards compatibility on the PS4 and X1 in some way, shape or form. My PS3 has been acting a little strange and unpredictable lately when it comes to reading some discs and I would be absolutely ecstatic if I could play digital and physical games on the PS4. I'm sure they will try to sell us those PS1/PS2 games later for a price.

sasuke_91

The archive is there just go to Fab's page and look under "Past Broadcasts".
Oh yeah, I should have known this :p
Thanks. I watched the first hour and damn, SK's Lars really is something else. Fab wasn't playing his main team, but his Leo is pretty amazing. Wall carry from one wall to the other^^

sasuke_91

Good games GrayFoxPL. Today you met the only person I play Offline Tekken with. He got himself to Duelist once, but he's more on Warrior/Avenger level. He's a scrub when it comes to combos though. His only decent ones are from Steve's 4,1,2 (98 damage) and WS 1+2 (90 damage), but as you said, he is pretty on point and doesn't get himself launched that easily, so playing him can be frustrating.

Hwoarang/Heihachi is a pretty interesting team. One thing though: After Heihachi's ff+2, if you want to go for a combo with 3 hits pre-bound, instead of 1, go for f+3. It deals decent damage and you have no problem connecting df+1,2 after that. You have to input f+3 right after ff+2, it's not hard after you try it a few times. And for Hwoarang, try and practice his tag filler:
SSR, 3+4, 3~4~F,3,4
I think it's his best combo filler. I thought it was impossible first, but after you get it the first time, it's not as hard as it looks. Muscle memory is all you need.

On another note, I'm so proud of myself for not dropping Lee's b2 miststep combos once :D
My Hwo/Steve team is pretty bad at the moment, to be honest. Except for a few matches, they were kind of useless^^

GrayFoxPL

Good games GrayFoxPL. Today you met the only person I play Offline Tekken with. He got himself to Duelist once, but he's more on Warrior/Avenger level. He's a scrub when it comes to combos though. His only decent ones are from Steve's 4,1,2 (98 damage) and WS 1+2 (90 damage), but as you said, he is pretty on point and doesn't get himself launched that easily, so playing him can be frustrating.

Hwoarang/Heihachi is a pretty interesting team. One thing though: After Heihachi's ff+2, if you want to go for a combo with 3 hits pre-bound, instead of 1, go for f+3. It deals decent damage and you have no problem connecting df+1,2 after that. You have to input f+3 right after ff+2, it's not hard after you try it a few times. And for Hwoarang, try and practice his tag filler:
SSR, 3+4, 3~4~F,3,4
I think it's his best combo filler. I thought it was impossible first, but after you get it the first time, it's not as hard as it looks. Muscle memory is all you need.

On another note, I'm so proud of myself for not dropping Lee's b2 miststep combos once :D
My Hwo/Steve team is pretty bad at the moment, to be honest. Except for a few matches, they were kind of useless^^

Yeah Good Games. I played bunch of other games lately and it was enough for me to play like shit after coming back. So bad. I need to focus on fewer characters instead of 30. I'm just switching characters depending on a mood. I can't imagine playing even for a week the same pair of characters.

Yeah I know about f+3 knee I do it in practice mode all the time and forget about it as soon as I go online. I just jab instinctively. Probably comes from T6 online. There you had to jab after launch because the lag was so big and jab being the fastest attack was the most sure way to sustain opponent in the air and not drop a combo. Bad habit.

I'm too old for quick 3+4 switch into 3~4. Just not having that finger flexibility and muscle strength. There were days when I could do it in super early frames of the switch. Long gone. But I recommend you practicing it, as fast as possible, makes the switch almost invisible to opponent and the damage is worth it, plus now it has stance cancel and all that crazy stuff.
Underused move imo.
In T3 and Tag1 days it was Hwoarang's go to move for big damage, kinda his deathfist. Though I think it caused opponent to turn sideways on block. That helped.

Btw this is one ability that Hwo kept losing while series progressed. To turn opponent sideways. I still can't believe how they butchered T3 db+4. I adored that move. It was bit different animation then now, Hwoarang tripped opponent's foot but on counter hit it caused opponent to walk to the side. You could do funny stuff like tripping running opponent and suddenly changing him to walk to the side. F+3~3 guaranteed. There's not even that ch animation in the game anymore. Shame.
Nose bleeders turned opponent sideways on ch and he had one lff and rff, backlash turned sideways on block and rff 3,3 (now rff db+3,3) and probably few more I forgot.
This ability really fit with his style.

Old stories.

Anyways.

That dude Arizzzz, really good. He doesn't do max damage combos but he converts any potential juggle situation to damage, that's crucial. Plus his knowledge where the walls are at any point is very noticeable. He did bound moves that would whiff if wall was 2 cm further. But he just knew. You gotta have great perception of these things during intense matches. Something I lack.
His style, very difficult. Tempo he plays at is pretty much perfect for aggressive Tekken.
It's fast but at the same he gives himself enough time to defend, backdash or risk something when he whiffs or gets blocked. Very hard to adjust because of that. He also has this tendency of "just do it" and he comes off great of that. It's very hard to fight someone who pushes buttons at the right time. This feeling comes where his timing is a counter to your timing and where you try to get a feeling of his timing you can't, because it feels "random" but it isn't. It's pure instinct based. Crazy use of ws+1+2, he uses it like it's a best launcher in the game, like a punish and it works, insanity.
Also 4,1,2 - wtf. I never seen anyone use it so often just like every 2 seconds. And I got launched every time. I understand. It's not launch punishable so he can afford the risk of just doing it. It's evasive and beats out most moves because the shoulder is fast, you must really find a specific move that would clean beat this in a trade situation. Big reward on ch. Brilliant.

His weak side might be lows, he's not really blocking them that much, problem is sticking in eg slow low launcher in mixup comes of as a fail because of the amount of buttons he presses.

At the right time.

If I'll get used to his style, I'll get him eventually. And steal something from him for myself. ;)

sasuke_91

I'm too old for quick 3+4 switch into 3~4. Just not having that finger flexibility and muscle strength. There were days when I could do it in super early frames of the switch. Long gone. But I recommend you practicing it, as fast as possible, makes the switch almost invisible to opponent and the damage is worth it, plus now it has stance cancel and all that crazy stuff.
Underused move imo.
In T3 and Tag1 days it was Hwoarang's go to move for big damage, kinda his deathfist. Though I think it caused opponent to turn sideways on block. That helped.

Btw this is one ability that Hwo kept losing while series progressed. To turn opponent sideways. I still can't believe how they butchered T3 db+4. I adored that move. It was bit different animation then now, Hwoarang tripped opponent's foot but on counter hit it caused opponent to walk to the side. You could do funny stuff like tripping running opponent and suddenly changing him to walk to the side. F+3~3 guaranteed. There's not even that ch animation in the game anymore. Shame.
Nose bleeders turned opponent sideways on ch and he had one lff and rff, backlash turned sideways on block and rff 3,3 (now rff db+3,3) and probably few more I forgot.
This ability really fit with his style.

Yeah his moves became pretty straightforward. Most people would make a mistake after being turned around by a blocked kick. And 3+4 3~4 definitely is underused. It's great for wall pressure and if it hits... wow... the damage you get is insane. 3+4, 3~4, 3+4, 3~4~f, df+4 B! 100+ damage is for sure.

Old stories.

Anyways.

That dude Arizzzz, really good. He doesn't do max damage combos but he converts any potential juggle situation to damage, that's crucial. Plus his knowledge where the walls are at any point is very noticeable. He did bound moves that would whiff if wall was 2 cm further. But he just knew. You gotta have great perception of these things during intense matches. Something I lack.
His style, very difficult. Tempo he plays at is pretty much perfect for aggressive Tekken.
It's fast but at the same he gives himself enough time to defend, backdash or risk something when he whiffs or gets blocked. Very hard to adjust because of that. He also has this tendency of "just do it" and he comes off great of that. It's very hard to fight someone who pushes buttons at the right time. This feeling comes where his timing is a counter to your timing and where you try to get a feeling of his timing you can't, because it feels "random" but it isn't. It's pure instinct based. Crazy use of ws+1+2, he uses it like it's a best launcher in the game, like a punish and it works, insanity.
Also 4,1,2 - wtf. I never seen anyone use it so often just like every 2 seconds. And I got launched every time. I understand. It's not launch punishable so he can afford the risk of just doing it. It's evasive and beats out most moves because the shoulder is fast, you must really find a specific move that would clean beat this in a trade situation. Big reward on ch. Brilliant.

His weak side might be lows, he's not really blocking them that much, problem is sticking in eg slow low launcher in mixup comes of as a fail because of the amount of buttons he presses.

At the right time.

If I'll get used to his style, I'll get him eventually. And steal something from him for myself. ;)

You are amazing at analyzing your opponent. I just showed him your post and he was very impressed by how accurate you are.
You're right. He plays mostly instinct based. He never lets you rest even for a brief moment. If he sees an opening, he'll attack you. If you block too much, he'll grab you. If you whiff a move, he'll launch you. He crouches right in front of me and I think he'll press df+1 to go into peek-a-boo, but instead he launches me with WS+1+2. Gets me every time, and even if it's blocked, many characters can't launch it because of the pushback.
He's way better than me at playing Hwoarang/Steve, but he hates my other characters, especially Xiaoyu :D
And yeah, one always benefits from stealing strategies from other players ;)

GrayFoxPL

Yeah his moves became pretty straightforward. Most people would make a mistake after being turned around by a blocked kick. And 3+4 3~4 definitely is underused. It's great for wall pressure and if it hits... wow... the damage you get is insane. 3+4, 3~4, 3+4, 3~4~f, df+4 B! 100+ damage is for sure.

You are amazing at analyzing your opponent. I just showed him your post and he was very impressed by how accurate you are.
You're right. He plays mostly instinct based. He never lets you rest even for a brief moment. If he sees an opening, he'll attack you. If you block too much, he'll grab you. If you whiff a move, he'll launch you. He crouches right in front of me and I think he'll press df+1 to go into peek-a-boo, but instead he launches me with WS+1+2. Gets me every time, and even if it's blocked, many characters can't launch it because of the pushback.
He's way better than me at playing Hwoarang/Steve, but he hates my other characters, especially Xiaoyu :D
And yeah, one always benefits from stealing strategies from other players ;)

Thanks man. And yeah dude has awesome reactions and aggressiveness.

I'll try to stick to 2 characters for longer time and develop something similar. I wish.

Btw Leo your ducking under deathfist with db+3 was cracking me up every time. XD

sasuke_91

Thanks man. And yeah dude has awesome reactions and aggressiveness.

I'll try to stick to 2 characters for longer time and develop something similar. I wish.

Btw Leo your ducking under deathfist with db+3 was cracking me up every time. XD

I'll tell you his secret: He became a Berserker once without knowing a single combo, so he developed his own playstyle. Instead of going for a launch whenever he had the opportunity, he relied on heavy mixups, grabs and defense.

So, which 2 characters are you going to stick with? And I didn't know about Leo's db+3 evading deathfist... did I use that? Yesterday's matches are wiped from my memory for some reason xD

Dereck

Guys, I'm trying to learn how to throw break, I'm not going to another tournament without doing this, I've run into some issues.

The first issue is that grabs to me seem too fast for me to react to them, even when I feel like I broke a grab, I'm about 2 seconds late.

AAK you're gonna have to train me in that area, you appear to break about 60% of throws when I play against you.

My second issue is that I have a harder time knowing how to break certain throws.

If the opponent is constantly grabbing, is it more useful to let them grab me for throw break practice, or is it more useful to duck grabs and WS punish?

Guys, I'm trying to learn how to throw break, I'm not going to another tournament without doing this, I've run into some issues.

The first issue is that grabs to me seem too fast for me to react to them, even when I feel like I broke a grab, I'm about 2 seconds late.

AAK you're gonna have to train me in that area, you appear to break about 60% of throws when I play against you.

My second issue is that I have a harder time knowing how to break certain throws.

If the opponent is constantly grabbing, is it more useful to let them grab me for throw break practice, or is it more useful to duck grabs and WS punish?

Every time you play, set aside some time for throw break practice. Set the training dummy to do a 1 throw, 2 throw and 1+2 throw (maybe when just starting out just select 1 and 2 throw) then try to break three in a row. Switch sides, do it again. Once you get comfortable with that, up your practice to four in a row, then five, and so on until you feel good about it. Also don't practice against the same character every time. Get used to seeing the different arms so you can react to them. It takes a while to see results, so you have to be committed.

After enough practice (and playing in general), if you still just feel like it's too hard to see the arms, you could do some...predictive based throw breaking. A lot of players have a particular throw they favor for whatever reason, and if they hit you with it once you can always save that information and be ready to break it the next time. Ghetto tactics, but still helpful for situations where a specific throw can murder you against a wall (Leo, King, Paul, Armor King, Jack, etc).

As for your last question, it really comes down to what you're playing for. If you're playing to practice breaking throws, then you should break the throw. After all, if your reads are good enough to know when to expect a throw and duck, why not concentrate on those hands and break it? Of course, if you're playing to win then you just do what you gotta do. Like hopkick. Works for Rip!

I think I can see the hands pretty well now, but I developed a bad habit of mashing breaks which is hard to kick. Having a real monitor might help me also.

GrayFoxPL

I'll tell you his secret: He became a Berserker once without knowing a single combo, so he developed his own playstyle. Instead of going for a launch whenever he had the opportunity, he relied on heavy mixups, grabs and defense.

So, which 2 characters are you going to stick with? And I didn't know about Leo's db+3 evading deathfist... did I use that? Yesterday's matches are wiped from my memory for some reason xD

Yeah you did, not the first time. :D You crushed lots of mids with that move in general.

I don't know about characters yet, I'll be trying out Bryan again today.

Bout I've see players develop duck and punish instead throw breaking but it's also specific. Spaming iWS doesn't work since throws connect on ws moves. Getting muscle memory for duck and punish may be as hard as throw breaking but I'd love to learn that for the damage potential.

Edit: This is bullshit. I just made a comeback from 0:2 to 3:2 and after win it failed to upload data then game freezed with black screen. It happened before when they were doing maintenance or psn crapped out. But I'm asking why the game gives me a loss when I already won the fight? I understand in middle of fight but after winning pose long ended? So dumb and frustrating.

sasuke_91

I don't know about characters yet, I'll be trying out Bryan again today.

I think Steve, Jin and Kazuya are your best characters. I don't really know Paul, so I can't tell how decent you are with him :p
Concentrate on 2 characters (or 2 teams) and Warrior will be right around the corner ;)

Edit: This is bullshit. I just made a comeback from 0:2 to 3:2 and after win it failed to upload data then game freezed with black screen. It happened before when they were doing maintenance or psn crapped out. But I'm asking why the game gives me a loss when I already won the fight? I understand in middle of fight but after winning pose long ended? So dumb and frustrating.

Lol. Came here to say the same thing. Got a demotion match to Brawler with Hwoarang/Steve (as I said, I play like shit with them at the moment) and beat him. After the match, it wouldn't let me upload the data. I tried three times and finally gave up. I hate Tekken.
It's like this since the firmware update came yesterday.

av2k

http://www.levelupyourgame.com/tekken-throw-break-trainer/

Not sure if you have a desk job or something but I used to use that during work and it kept me sharp.

AAK

The biggest thing for me to learn was to differentiate between a throw and a strike. To accomplish this i went to practice mode against Bryan and Xiaoyu. With Bryan i had the command capture set to
1+3
2+4
df+1 (1, d+2 for Xiaoyu)
f+2
f,f+1+2 (df+1+2 for Xiaoyu)

That way I'd force myself to differentiate a left hand grab from a df+1 and a right hand grab from a f+2. This also helped me react to them much faster. The logic for using Bryan is because his grab animations are far more pronounced than most other characters making him the better character to learn throw breaking against. And on the flip side there is Ling Xiaoyu who has the smallest hands hence the most subtle grab animations. I tried to practice against her grabs as a higher challenge. I kinda haven't practiced in a while but throw breaking during games also helps.

I remember the Montreal players would learn how to their break by playing games where the only way of doing damage would be throws and they'd practice only that way. Never tried that to be honest :p

GrayFoxPL

I think Steve, Jin and Kazuya are your best characters. I don't really know Paul, so I can't tell how decent you are with him :p
Concentrate on 2 characters (or 2 teams) and Warrior will be right around the corner ;)

Lol. Came here to say the same thing. Got a demotion match to Brawler with Hwoarang/Steve (as I said, I play like shit with them at the moment) and beat him. After the match, it wouldn't let me upload the data. I tried three times and finally gave up. I hate Tekken.
It's like this since the firmware update came yesterday.

I did King Bryan Team today. King is so fun, Bryan finished the job brutally. Good damage.
Whenever I get frustrated I try to remind myself what av2k said about Koreans - that they play for fun.
I tell myself "Play for fun" and it helps. I'm bad with King but at the moment he's more fun then others. Bryan is a little drab in this team, he's strong, gets the job done but doesn't match King in the fun department. Need new partner :p.

You say the update broke something again? If Tekken that would make me furious.

That way I'd force myself to differentiate a left hand grab from a df+1 and a right hand grab from a f+2. This also helped me react to them much faster. The logic for using Bryan is because his grab animations are far more pronounced than most other characters making him the better character to learn throw breaking against. And on the flip side there is Ling Xiaoyu who has the smallest hands hence the most subtle grab animations. I tried to practice against her grabs as a higher challenge. I kinda haven't practiced in a while but throw breaking during games also helps.

Is this really true? Because let me tell you, I cannot see Alex's arms when he throws not even a little bit lol.

Top Bottom