• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

GrayFoxPL

Tekken 7.0

Yup

One more gif of Titarina.

i6eSg1OE2TIyk.gif

av2k

Hi guys!

Just for fun, who are 5 street fighter characters that weren't from the original cast of Street Fighter II would you want battling it out in Tekken X Street Fighter?

Hi guys!

Just for fun, who are 5 street fighter characters that weren't from the original cast of Street Fighter II would you want battling it out in Tekken X Street Fighter?

Cody
Poison
Akuma
Ibuki
Makoto

They either hit hard or look good.
I really just want Sagat and Dictator.

AAK

1. Hakkan
2. Hakkan
3. Hakkan
4. Hakkan
5. Hakkan
6. Q
7. Maki
8. Sharon
9. Urien
10. Hugo

I Hate every SF character from SF2 :p

av2k

1. Hakkan
2. Hakkan
3. Hakkan
4. Hakkan
5. Hakkan
6. Q
7. Maki
8. Sharon
9. Urien
10. Hugo

I Hate every SF character from SF2 :p

Why is that? Do you feel that they're just generic characters that play on stereotypes?

As for my list..

1. Guy
2. Rolento
3. Urien
4. C. Viper
5. Dudley

sasuke_91

I haven't played any SF since SF2 o_O

Catalina still looks weird to me. I want to see her second outfit without glasses and more... clothes...

GrayFoxPL

I think Catalina (katarina sounds so stupid) is fine as is. Y'all act like she's completely naked.

Katarina is a real name, basically Katharina, Katherina, Katharina, Katrina or Kate eg. in Polish it's Katarzyna.

Catalina is just an ill effect of Japanese not recognizing the difference between L and R so "Catalina" would actually be the stupid sounding name.

AAK

Jacky is always cool so you just gave her a compliment lol

I swear if Katarina screams "Yeeeaaaahhhhh" after every throwbreak like Jacky I'm gonna gonna have to mute Tekken just like I had to do for Blazblue everytime a Japanese voiced Platinum appeared online.

Katarina is a real name, basically Katharina, Katherina, Katharina, Katrina or Kate eg. in Polish it's Katarzyna.

Catalina is just an ill effect of Japanese not recognizing the difference between L and R so "Catalina" would actually be the stupid sounding name.

Catalina is a Latino name for a Latino character. Katarina is....weird.

Man this Jacky hate though :(

"You can't beat me with that!"

sasuke_91

I swear if Katarina screams "Yeeeaaaahhhhh" after every throwbreak like Jacky I'm gonna gonna have to mute Tekken just like I had to do for Blazblue everytime a Japanese voiced Platinum appeared online.

I played Blazblue for 3 days until I noticed that Online is basically dead and that I don't have the motivation to learn a new fighter as complex as that.

Catalina/Katarina boobs are so annoying. Like, they're just so.. out there..

#NerfKatalinaBoobs

Haha, exactly. The way she just... sticks them out is irritating!

Jacky is annoying, but in a great way. I would never want him to change, but I also want to beat his ass at every opportunity. BlazBlue and Persona's non-stop audio quips drive me crazy though.

The most annoying character in VF is Lion.

sasuke_91

They're life.

And they're love... just like Shrek...
I just remembered something creepy o.o

I started playing Tekken Revolution again. I have no idea why, maybe I just wanted to try out 1 on 1 again. I miss my characters and I'm a scrub with Kazuya. I need some Hwoarang or Xiaoyu.
Could it be that EWGF is a bit easier in this game? I can't throw them out like that in TTT2, here I have no problem connecting 3 EWGFs in a row or punishing stuff with it.

Hi guys!

Assuming it would be a tag game...

Ibuki
Guy
Fei long
Gen
Hugo

Fun teams to play, maybe...
Ibuki / Yoshi / Kuni
Guy / Raven
Fei / Law (duh)
Gen / Wang
Hugo / King (love to see Gief / King tho)

GrayFoxPL

And they're love... just like Shrek...
I just remembered something creepy o.o

I started playing Tekken Revolution again. I have no idea why, maybe I just wanted to try out 1 on 1 again. I miss my characters and I'm a scrub with Kazuya. I need some Hwoarang or Xiaoyu.
Could it be that EWGF is a bit easier in this game? I can't throw them out like that in TTT2, here I have no problem connecting 3 EWGFs in a row or punishing stuff with it.

No, it's Senran Kagura reference.

"Ass is hometown, boobs are life".

Everything seems easier in Revo, shame they didn't put rest of characters in.

Edit:
Just watched Crows Explode and made me want to play Miguel tomorrow, dress him in school uniform and whack some dudes. His fighting "style" is exactly the same as sloppy and rough brawls in Crow series.

AAK

Assuming it would be a tag game...

Ibuki
Guy
Fei long
Gen
Hugo

OMG why... Fei Long is the biggest insult you can ever give Bruce Lee. His playstyle is the most boring thing I've ever seen in FG history. I'd rather watch Tekken 5 Ganryu than Fei Long. Jeet Kun Do is meant to have very fluid movements yet this waste of a character just sits there turtling in one place and creeping with a retarded looking Rekka. /rant

Out of all the characters in SF that I find the most painful to watch these 4 are at the top:

Blanka, Ryu/Ken, Fei Long, Bison. If I ever see them on stream, I'm almost guaranteed to minimize and do something else. Third Strike and EX characters are the best.

OMG why... Fei Long is the biggest insult you can ever give Bruce Lee. His playstyle is the most boring thing I've ever seen in FG history. I'd rather watch Tekken 5 Ganryu than Fei Long. Jeet Kun Do is meant to have very fluid movements yet this waste of a character just sits there turtling in one place and creeping with a retarded looking Rekka. /rant

Out of all the characters in SF that I find the most painful to watch these 4 are at the top:

Blanka, Ryu/Ken, Fei Long, Bison. If I ever see them on stream, I'm almost guaranteed to minimize and do something else. Third Strike and EX characters are the best.
Haha. It's all a matter of taste. I actually like all the chars you mentioned besides ryu/ken. Bison and blanka especially.

Anyway, the question he asked left out vanilla SF2 chars, so I went with it. 3S though? You'd like to see the likes of Remy etc? Ewww.

3t0oib.jpg

AAK

As weird as Remy is, he's way more appealing than the SF2 version that's Guile.

BTW I just caught this random Urban Reign vid, does this move look familiar? ;)

Manbig

Hi guys!

Makoto
Q
R. Mika
Karin
Dan

As weird as Remy is, he's way more appealing than the SF2 version that's Guile.

BTW I just caught this random Urban Reign vid, does this move look familiar? ;)

Urban Reign purposely had a ton of Tekken animations in it. There was a character named Golem that was basically Marduk with a few more Pro Wrestling moves.

Sayah

Hi guys!

Hmmmm.....

Juri
Dudley
Q
Viper
Poison

I use Sakura in SFIV but there are other characters I would rather see over her in TKXSF.

GrayFoxPL

Urban Reign was fantastic.

Blended Tekken moveset with Soul Calibur smooth animation style.

You could see that very specific mixed team worked on this project because they never reproduced any of it's awesome aspects in Tekken Force modes.

The limb damage system was intriguing. They were still shy in it's implementation because it was easier to KO oponnent by normal means then to break eg. right arm but if you really really wanted you could do it. Let me tell you - shit wasn't stupid or clunky or "didn't feel right".
I will go as far as blasphemy and say that properly balanced it would work in Tekken.
What player who hates Mishima wouldn't want to break Kazuya's right arm and crumple his EWGF and df+2 even if only at the very last seconds of exhausting match?

It still would be easier to KO opponent but that second option would linger in the air.
Imagine highest level Korean matches.

sasuke_91

No, it's Senran Kagura reference.

"Ass is hometown, boobs are life".

I haven't watched/played Senran Kagura. I basically neglect its very existence.

I will go as far as blasphemy and say that properly balanced it would work in Tekken.
What player who hates Mishima wouldn't want to break Kazuya's right arm and crumple his EWGF and df+2 even if only at the very last seconds of exhausting match?

It still would be easier to KO opponent but that second option would linger in the air.

Sounds great. I'd be all in for that. I don't know how hard it would be to implement that though :p
Does anyone remember Dragonball Final Bout for the PS1? When your character was low on health, he would look really exhausted. I was so amazed by that when I was a kid.

I wouldn't mind a feature like that but I can see them doing it for a new IP than doing it for Tekken. People already are starting to complain about Tekken 7 saying how it is getting dumbed down for "scrubs"

AAK

Yeah I always knew there were a lot of Tekken animations recycled for that game, BUT what surprised me was that one of the unique double-team throws in Urban Reign got recycled for TTT2. At the timestamp I posted one guy does the electric chair while the other dude climbs up and diamond cutters the opponent. That's the same Tag throw when you have a grappler paired with a smaller character with teams like King/Asuka or Ganryu/Kunimitsu. Thought that was interesting :)

Urban Reign was fantastic.

Blended Tekken moveset with Soul Calibur smooth animation style.

You could see that very specific mixed team worked on this project because they never reproduced any of it's awesome aspects in Tekken Force modes.

The limb damage system was intriguing. They were still shy in it's implementation because it was easier to KO oponnent by normal means then to break eg. right arm but if you really really wanted you could do it. Let me tell you - shit wasn't stupid or clunky or "didn't feel right".

Having it implemented in the gameplay would be a HUGE implication considering how much it would change. I'm OK with it but I doubt it'll ever happen considering how hard it'd be to balance. But yeah, it would definitely be pretty fun.

At the very least it would be cool if there was a cosmetic change in the player's stance when they take repeated damage at a certain limb. I'd really like that and it would help Tekken 7 look a lot more fresher.

GrayFoxPL

I haven't watched/played Senran Kagura. I basically neglect its very existence.

Me neither but it's a famous/funny quote from game's creator/designer or whoever.

Sounds great. I'd be all in for that. I don't know how hard it would be to implement that though :p
Does anyone remember Dragonball Final Bout for the PS1? When your character was low on health, he would look really exhausted. I was so amazed by that when I was a kid.

I think people would dislike "tiredness" but it would be funny to look at. Mishimas tripping trying to hellsweep, hopkicks would cause falling on back :D

AAK

Can't believe I missed so many of Wonkey's tweets!

https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/532407356768796672
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/532407757379354624/
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/532407991115341824/
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/532408482037645313/
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/532412026262278144/
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/532413133038436352/

Is namco hinting... or trolling...

And the other thing:

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/532717903825477632
Same. Cuz network test
RT@sccatke This network location test have same character roster as previous?

So it's gonna be the same build being location tested at the end of this month :(

Forest Law is the easiest imo. Paul is great too unless you wanna go for the most advanced combos (no need). The Kings work great with JayCee but need some more time and practice especially The King King. Mitchelle is duh since she's mostly T6 Julia, unless you don't want to play clonish team. Asuka is good choice too imo.

Chinese Kung Fu Masters Teams? Nice!

i like combo crazy characters since i usually stick to ibuki in 3s and ultra ... so maybe asuka but i think nina

You can pick P. Jack if you really like the character and can definitely make it work.

However, from what I can recall, regular Jack has better options as a character.

Also, Jaycee REALLY sucks with tag assault fillers so I would suggest a partner that's good at them.

Here is how I would rank characters based on their capabilities with Tag Assault fillers (not including TAs against walls).

S Rank
Nina
Anna
Miguel
Leo

A Rank
Alisa
Heihachi
Steve
Baek

A- Rank
Jinpachi
Hwoarang
True Ogre
Lee/Violet
Jun
Unknown

B+ Rank
Dragunov
Feng
Yoshimitsu
Lars
Bob
Slim Bob
Kunimitsu
Marshall Law
Forest Law
P. Jack
Jack
Eddy/Christie/Tiger
Lili/Sebastian
Bruce
Asuka
Bryan
Jin
Devil Jin
Marduk
Armor King
Ganryu

B Rank
Michelle
Alex
Roger Jr.
Angel
Ling Xiaoyu/Miharu
Kazuya
Wang
King
Kuma/Panda

B- Rank
Jaycee
Dr. B
Paul

I don't know how or where to rank Zafina or Raven.

Do fix my ranking order if anyone disagrees. I'm probably forgetting tag assault filler options for some characters.

thanks for the list! i was watching a guy named zombiedoc play nina and she looks pretty good. maybe it'll be jaycee/ asuka or nina.

Sayah

i like combo crazy characters since i usually stick to ibuki in 3s and ultra ... so maybe asuka but i think nina

thanks for the list! i was watching a guy named zombiedoc play nina and she looks pretty good. maybe it'll be jaycee/ asuka or nina.

No problem.

If I go home this weekend, I can try to playtest some combos/tag assaults for Nina/Jaycee.

Can't believe I missed so many of Wonkey's tweets!

https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/532407356768796672
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/532407757379354624/
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/532407991115341824/
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/532408482037645313/
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/532412026262278144/
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/532413133038436352/

Is namco hinting... or trolling...

And the other thing:

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/532717903825477632
Same. Cuz network test
RT@sccatke This network location test have same character roster as previous?

So it's gonna be the same build being location tested at the end of this month :(

I hope this is real, haha.

Top Bottom