• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

GrayFoxPL

Those sparks don't come for free. Game run like shit in first loc test so obviously they try to optimise engine.

I think I already said it but their use of UE4 engine is unimpresive so far, of course they are learning it but did they had to do it with T7 of all games? I think hugely buffed Tag2/T6 engine would wield much more impressive results.
If some right now said "I like the look of T6/Tag2 better then T7" I wouldn't even said a word.

I know Harada said about 40-50% more gfx fidelty of final version but lets not kid ourselves - clock is ticking, the retail arcade release is in less then 3 months and they wont be working at it to the last day. Likely it'll have to be finished somewhere in yanuary before the whole retail proces can roll.

I can't belive that in such small time frame the game will sudenly BOOM with graphical enhancments, looking 2x as good as loc test. Tekken 7 Bloodline Resurrection -Yeah but game that's around the corner? Nah.

Possible T7 delay incoming.

DEATH™;140019685 said:
So, you guys are saying that DOA has the option of turning fatty boobs to silicone boobs?

Basically. They go from stiff as a board to glorified water balloons.

Wow. I can't believe that's actually a feature. I have DoA5 and didn't know this. That's crazy.

You might of missed it because the feature has to be unlocked. When you lose against the computer in any mode I think, it will show the respective character's losing pose screen or movie that can be unlocked also. I think you have to lose around 10 times for it to unlock. Enjoy.

Those sparks don't come for free. Game run like shit in first loc test so obviously they try to optimise engine.

I think I already said it but their use of UE4 engine is unimpresive so far, of course they are learning it but did they had to do it with T7 of all games? I think hugely buffed Tag2/T6 engine would wield much more impressive results.
If some right now said "I like the look of T6/Tag2 better then T7" I wouldn't even said a word.

I know Harada said about 40-50% more gfx fidelty of final version but lets not kid ourselves - clock is ticking, the retail arcade release is in less then 3 months and they wont be working at it to the last day. Likely it'll have to be finished somewhere in yanuary before the whole retail proces can roll.

I can't belive that in such small time frame the game will sudenly BOOM with graphical enhancments, looking 2x as good as loc test. Tekken 7 Bloodline Resurrection -Yeah but game that's around the corner? Nah.

Yeah, I am not too confident that it will look drastically better than the location test version in all honesty as well. I still think it will be a beautiful looking game once it is finished and I supposed they can still implement updates and enhancements to it as time goes on.

Michael Murray did say that they typically deal with the graphics at the end of the development cycle. And we've yet to see builds that are even that far along. They were at 50% completion when the first loc test was going on, but the build people were playing was only a month old or so. Plus, as they discussed on ATP Live, it's possible that development could continue for months after release if they're able to add in more characters on the fly and time unlock them.

I'm not expecting a 2x graphical jump either, but I believe the fidelity will be a significant upgrade once we see it in person.

GrayFoxPL

Michael Murray did say that they typically deal with the graphics at the end of the development cycle. And we've yet to see builds that are even that far along. They were at 50% completion when the first loc test was going on, but the build people were playing was only a month old or so. Plus, as they discussed on ATP Live, it's possible that development could continue for months after release if they're able to add in more characters on the fly and time unlock them.

I'm not expecting a 2x graphical jump either, but I believe the fidelity will be a significant upgrade once we see it in person.

Interesting, it's like they themselves are treating it as a beta release. I don't know if multiple gfx patches in arcade game wouldn't be frowned or joked upon.

Yeah I expected that time release is actually characters that aren't developed/ready yet.
But they are less likely to be balanced.

Very interesting about gfx development being at the very end. I understand doing it knowing all ins and outs of your own engine but doing it with totally new "alien" engine they are learning - isn't it a bit risky?

I kinda go all fantasy and think of crazy scenarios:

"Akira! Akira! Something is fucked with shitty engine!"

"What what?"

"Those sparks run down the framerate to a crawl. I don't even know how this shit works, it's just a slider."

"Sho..."

"And I'm telling you Tekken 6 could handle more polygons. Our dudes are making customizable Items from 40 polygons because one more and everything goes to shit. You've seen the octagon hat for Leo? That's one of the better ones."

"Calm the fuck down Shohei!"

"...and those fucking eyes still look dead and creepy as fuck. We don't know what to do! I just made everything shinny as Harada's dog's balls and hope people will focus on this. Even dirt shines. I'm crying man."

"Pull yourself together man! We have only 4 days till dead line! Just put the spark slider on 2/10. Oh and force sunglasses on all characters. Take the eyes out completely to save polygons. No one will notice. We'll put them back once we figure this problem out."

"How do we explain the sunglasses on everyone and measly sparks?"

"We'll say we are celebrating gangster movies from the 80s, some nonsense anniversary. Neogaf will like that. And with sparks, we'll just say that our hardcore testers complained they are too pronounced and distracting. So we toned them down."

"Ok..."

"Wait. Scratch the last one. We'll just say Knee bitched about them. "I can't see shit through this sparky shit!" Direct quote.

"Akira, You are brilliant. I have no doubt it'll all go to shit but you are brilliant.

"But hey, at least it'll be shiny shit."

"Buahaha!"

"Hahah!"

"Pass the sake."

GrayFoxPL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0PmP8-862w

Looks really sick especially at 60fps... but those customs :(

He has the second vid.

Tekken 7 Leo notes.

The reach on the first hit of d/b+4,1 is decreased. (Really sure on this)
The reach on d+1 is decreased. (Really sure on this.)
The ability to pick up opponents for juggles with the first hit of Leo's b+1,4 (the elbow) is maybe decreased?
KNK 2 and ff+4,3 are tailspin/kirimomi moves.
b+2,1+2 is hit confirmable and animation on hit is like Heihachi's d/f+1,2 now.
b+3,1 is hit confirmable with animation on hit like Heihachi's d/f+1,2, maybe we can use this move more in combos.
The d/b+4,1 into the f+1+2 shoulder backroll catch doesn't work now. Seems to be due to the system wide changes to the Oki system.
The input to Leo's d/f+1+2, 1+2, qcf+2 string is now changed to bf+1+2, 1+2, qcf+2 (back then forward + 1 & 2 button starter)
the bf+1+2 string was used exclusively in bound combos. I wonder when are we ever going to do the move now since bound is out?
Leo's Rage art input is d/f+1+2. Maybe it's possible to do this after a crouch dash for more range on it as well as it's Power crush like properties.
Noticed added facial expression to the character. When Leo kills an opponent with a d/b+4,1 the slow mo zoom in makes it look like Leo's clenching his teeth.
I don't personally mainly use Leo because he looks like a Homo shota but If I did, I'd think he looks great. (Don't google what that is please.)
Second hit of KNK 1,2 on counter hit has a different animation on the opponent. Looks like they're blown a bit further back.
Hitting the opponent with d+1+2,3 (d+1+2 > BOK 3) looks like the opponent falls closer to you and faced up. Maybe you can pick up after this move with qcf+4

Sayah

I hate that 60fps videos do not work in Firefox.

All part of the plan.

You might of missed it because the feature has to be unlocked. When you lose against the computer in any mode I think, it will show the respective character's losing pose screen or movie that can be unlocked also. I think you have to lose around 10 times for it to unlock. Enjoy.
LOL

But no seriously. If a game can have that kind of option, why not with sparks. Real talk though. Where's some new footage?

Yeah, I would really like that option.

sasuke_91

"What what?"

"Those sparks run down the framerate to a crawl. I don't even know how this shit works, it's just a slider."

"Sho..."

"And I'm telling you Tekken 6 could handle more polygons. Our dudes are making customizable Items from 40 polygons because one more and everything goes to shit. You've seen the octagon hat for Leo? That's one of the better ones."

"...and those fucking eyes still look dead and creepy as fuck. We don't know what to do! I just made everything shinny as Harada's dog's balls and hope people will focus on this. Even dirt shines. I'm crying man."

"Pull yourself together man! We have only 4 days till dead line! Just put the spark slider on 2/10. Oh and force sunglasses on all characters. Take the eyes out completely to save polygons. No one will notice. We'll put them back once we figure this problem out."

"We'll say we are celebrating gangster movies from the 80s, some nonsense anniversary. Neogaf will like that. And with sparks, we'll just say that our hardcore testers complained they are too pronounced and distracting. So we toned them down."

"Ok..."

"Wait. Scratch the last one. We'll just say Knee bitched about them. "I can't see shit through this sparky shit!" Direct quote.

"Akira, You are brilliant. I have no doubt it'll all go to shit but you are brilliant.

"Buahaha!"

"Hahah!"

"Pass the sake."

Hahaha, lost it towards the end :D
Tekken 7 being shiny shit confirmed.

All part of the keikaku.

Good games Famicom... Jin is pretty fun to play! Your Ganryu is pretty sheep.

You're a Mishima player aren't you? Jin is pretty similar to the other Mishimas in some points. Way easier to play though of course.

Good games Doomshine. I almost forgot how solid your defense is. I don't know what to do with Xiaoyu when I play against someone who knows her well^^

GrayFoxPL

https://dl2.volafile.io/get/7PBqPQsPVEX2D/Val Kulavong_10152487710863317.mp4

Claudio vs CPU

Noticed a new effect with how Alisa regenerates her arms.

That throw he does on Hei.

SecondhandAggravatingArcticseal.gif

So trolly. He's gonna be hilarious or annoying as hell.

Hahaha, lost it towards the end :D
Tekken 7 being shiny shit confirmed.

:D Glad you liked it.

You're a Mishima player aren't you? Jin is pretty similar to the other Mishimas in some points. Way easier to play though of course.

Absolutely. As a person who first learned Kazuya and Heihachi, I feel that he is way more easy to pick up than the rest of the cast. Way easier to poke, at least.

On an unrelated note, I need to stop playing this game against online randoms. That shit makes me overdose on NaCl every damn time.

Interesting, it's like they themselves are treating it as a beta release. I don't know if multiple gfx patches in arcade game wouldn't be frowned or joked upon.

Yeah I expected that time release is actually characters that aren't developed/ready yet.
But they are less likely to be balanced.

Very interesting about gfx development being at the very end. I understand doing it knowing all ins and outs of your own engine but doing it with totally new "alien" engine they are learning - isn't it a bit risky?

I kinda go all fantasy and think of crazy scenarios:

"What what?"

"Sho..."

"Ok..."

"Buahaha!"

"Hahah!"

"Pass the sake."

LOL, I can actually visualize that conversation taking place in the offices.

AAK

Really does make me wonder what TTT2 would have been like if it truly was Marvel style where you lose when both your characters get 0 HP rather than only 1 BUT you have access to a snapback...

DEATH™

Really does make me wonder what TTT2 would have been like if it truly was Marvel style where you lose when both your characters get 0 HP rather than only 1 BUT you have access to a snapback...

It will be a super hard game for people to get comebacks. Snapbacks alone in the wall would be too broken. Or it could be totally useless depending on how its positioning works.

AAK

In Tekken fashion there would have to be a tradeoff like for example, it would take away all your red health or netsu. And even then , the aincoming character should be able to come in with no disadvantage (i.e at +0 frames). Think it would be pretty interesting :) Although you will have to extend the time of the rounds considering how much longer it will take to win.

DEATH™

I'm ecstatic that we're going away from this tag stuff

And Im actually not... Just squeezed some playing time last night and man its so fun. Going back to 1v1 is hard enough, king will be braindead to play too.d3 and f21 will change how he optimally plays.

yeah I know new players blah blah blah, but they better make sure the game is fun for the long run when those "new players" quit for the same reasons as before... I don't want it to be like tekken rev where its so easy it became an afterthought quick.

AAK

NO, I want 3 v 3 KOF XI style! Learn 3 characters B*****s!

I would run Julia + Hwoarang + Raven nonstop. ULTRA yolo team :p

GrayFoxPL

LOL, I can actually visualize that conversation taking place in the offices.

I'd pay good money to hear unofficial conversations of dev teams, haha. The shit that must go down in there.

Claudio has launching twin pistons?

...i'm interested

Claudio Kazuya's illegitimate son - confirmed.

Heihachi likes those Scandinavian beauties and cold climate. Kazuya prefers hot weather and hot Italian women.

Wonkey posted some nico nico stream. It's over, but was it loc test or smth random?

sasuke_91

NO, I want 3 v 3 KOF XI style! Learn 3 characters B*****s!

I would run Julia + Hwoarang + Raven nonstop. ULTRA yolo team :p

Hwoarang + Steve + Xiaoyu

One with strong kicks, one with strong punches and one with strong..... well... I do like Xiaoyu a lot :/
I will really miss Tag. I raw tag like an idiot and rarely tag crash because I'm very greedy (and an idiot), but it's so much fun!

GrayFoxPL, you have to tell me how to break those multi grabs. I always mash 2, but it doesn't work for the one where King dashes forward. I became desperate everytime you grabbed me. In Tekken Revolution, a 200 power King can kill you with his multi-grab...

GrayFoxPL

Hwoarang + Steve + Xiaoyu

One with strong kicks, one with strong punches and one with strong..... well... I do like Xiaoyu a lot :/
I will really miss Tag. I raw tag like an idiot and rarely tag crash because I'm very greedy (and an idiot), but it's so much fun!

GrayFoxPL, you have to tell me how to break those multi grabs. I always mash 2, but it doesn't work for the one where King dashes forward. I became desperate everytime you grabbed me. In Tekken Revolution, a 200 power King can kill you with his multi-grab...

That slow crouch dash one is 1+2 initial grab, extensions are 1 or 2. His other multis generally have 1 or 2 escape but very few have 1+2.

Tekken 6 move list. I think nothing changed.

Against King I recommend jab-hopkick or similar move it'll likely ruin multipart or knee launcher attempt.

I was tired my whole tactics was to force you to stand for f,d,df+1(hand sweep) or multipart or crouch for uf+4. One other thing I learned was whiffing moves on purpose after knockdown just to get uf+4. It's just knockdown, opponent doesn't get up, I do df+2,1 or df+4,3 opponent instinct "He whiffed! Let's go!" then instant uf+4 launches.
Ridiculous considering the frames King is wasting but it works.

Btw the hand sweep is safe. I know it doesn't look safe but it is. And still everyone tries to punish it, including myself, lol.

Dereck

I am so not going to miss getting a character's health down to nearly zero, and having the tag partner with rage raw tag with a hopkick and get a full combo from that. Or having to worry about rage mechanics, red life, raw tag punishing, the fear of getting raw tag punished, or tag crashes not working in corners, or tag crash punishing, or having to remember the tag assaults for different combinations of characters....I think I'm done here, I'm down for all of that stuff in TTT2, but I'm content that it's going to be kept out of Tekken 7.

Obviously Tekken 7 is going to have it's own bullshit, but at least its gonna be some new bullshit.

Obviously Tekken 7 is going to have it's own bullshit, but at least its gonna be some new bullshit.

Yup, just had a few talks with players in a bigger tekken tournament this weekend about the barrier of entry for new players.

We all seemed to agree that it's great that we get a new solo tekken game with less characters and less mechanics to know about that would make new players feel "inferior" if they do not handle them.

Lot of frustrating mechanics in TAG2, even though i love the game to bits :D I just don't have the time to put in the practice. Can't wait to get into a solo game, 3 rounds, honest fighting :D

sasuke_91

That slow crouch dash one is 1+2 initial grab, extensions are 1 or 2. His other multis generally have 1 or 2 escape but very few have 1+2.

Tekken 6 move list. I think nothing changed.

After noticing that mashing 2 doesn't help I started mashing 1. I shouldn't have done that.

Has anyone been getting network errors that result in a black screen that forces a reset? I've had that happen to me twice in two days.

Did you get a penalty? I "lost" at least 3 matches because of server issues.

Is it going to be shiny bullshit?
I've only been playing TTT2 for a year now and I still don't have enough. It will probably look different by the time Tekken 7 draws near.

After noticing that mashing 2 doesn't help I started mashing 1. I shouldn't have done that.

Did you get a penalty? I "lost" at least 3 matches because of server issues.

Is it going to be shiny bullshit?
I've only been playing TTT2 for a year now and I still don't have enough. It will probably look different by the time Tekken 7 draws near.

Yeah, I did. It's weird.

AAK

Because I fear a bunch of characters will be getting axed from the roster... I've been learning newer characters recently to enjoy them before I bid farewell to them once T7 takes over. One of them is Baek. I sat in practice mode for like 2 hours trying to get used to his cancels (which is exceptionally frustrating being a Hwoa player where he just needs to transition with f while Baek has to do an extra kick every time) along with other things.

It's weird... I feel so cool when doing some of his stuff but it just feels so limited in the bigger picture since there's so few things that work. Hope they don't get rid of his movelist though... so much potential, but I doubt it :(

BTW MikeBreezy, what do you do with Baek as a TA wall combo? I'm trying to do FLA f+3 d+4,4 into something my partner could do but I'm just too slow, anything easier that's not simply f,f+4,3?

Anyone here from New York? If so, what local tourney do you guys partake in?

The best place to check is definitely facebook, Manny is from New York and said there was a tri-state Tekken facebook group where people discuss things... not sure how active it is. Of coarse KOR's Tekken Academy is the go to place for questions related to the community. I know that NEC is happening on December 5th in PA. I know a bunch of New York players travel there since it's one of the biggest majors in the East Coast. I remember in 2012 TTT2 had like a 130 man bracket.

Top Bottom