• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Sayah

I don't know what I would do if tournament players stopped streaming this game.
Once T7 releases, TTT2 will likely become side game status, if even that. :(

I mean the game barely managed to get featured at evo this year (namco money) and more than likely won't be at EVO next year.

Sayah

Just made some gifs from the Tekken 7 trailer.

Claudio animation allowing for further combo capability. This isn't bound or tailspin.
Tekken-7-Gif-1.gif

New getup animations:
Tekken-7-Gif-2.gif

Tekken-7-Gif-4.gif

Those are cool. Kinda makes me wonder why the grounded / oki game hasn't changed too much until now.

One thing I've always wanted in tekken was the ability to reverse or parry attacks while laying down. The grapplers could have anti-ground grab reversals, etc.

Maybe something as simple as being able to low parry while grounded, but having it lead to simple frame advantage instead of a combo. Would be a cool alternative way to reverse the flow of match momentum. The timing would have to be strict though, or limited by other means.

Manbig

That Claudio follow up looks like an old school Soul Calibur "juggle." I dig it.

That get up animation looks awkward as fuck though.

Sayah

Those are cool. Kinda makes me wonder why the grounded / oki game hasn't changed too much until now.

One thing I've always wanted in tekken was the ability to reverse or parry attacks while laying down. The grapplers could have anti-ground grab reversals, etc.

Maybe something as simple as being able to low parry while grounded, but having it lead to simple frame advantage instead of a combo. Would be a cool alternative way to reverse the flow of match momentum. The timing would have to be strict though, or limited by other means.

I'm happy we're getting these changes as well.

It'll be fun to see how everything works if/whenever I get my hands on this game. Wait is gonna be excruciating, lol.

That Claudio follow up looks like an old school Soul Calibur "juggle." I dig it.

Yeah, I really dig the Claudio follow up. I'm liking how Kathrina is just spinning on her head/shoulders.

Also agreed on the getup animation. Looks really awkward.

Sayah

So only Sasuke and AAK play this game now? smh

I want to play but can't. :(

Especially since this semester is approaching the final stretch. Exams and papers all coming at me at once.

Plus, now the new Smash is releasing in a week. I have the game pre-ordered and whatever free time I have will go to that now. Even so, I don't think I'll be able to play even smash much at all until winter break.

Can't wait till I'm done with all of this.

Sayah

Sooo...you bought a Wii U?

Yes. UPS tracking says Wii U should ship by Nov. 21, which is kind of perfect since that's when Smash releases too. Just hoping it won't be shipped super late (like 8 p.m.).

Also, pre-ordered the Smash bundle for in-store pick up at Best Buy since GameStop and Amazon are out of stock.

Side Rant:

I already have TTT2 Wii U. Only other games I'm interested on Wii U are Bayonetta 2 and Mario Kart 8 (and Zelda, Xenoblade Chronicles X for future releases). Nintendo really dropped the ball (once again) with third party support. At least the Wii had obscure, quirky titles that turned out okay/great (Boom Blox, De Blob, Deadly Creatures, No More Heroes, MadWorld, etc). Wii U doesn't even have that.

Dereck

Yes. UPS tracking says Wii U should ship by Nov. 21, which is kind of perfect since that's when Smash releases too. Just hoping it won't be shipped super late (like 8 p.m.).

Also, pre-ordered the Smash bundle for in-store pick up at Best Buy since GameStop and Amazon are out of stock.

Side Rant:

I already have TTT2 Wii U. Only other games I'm interested on Wii U are Bayonetta 2 and Mario Kart 8 (and Zelda, Xenoblade Chronicles X for future releases). Nintendo really dropped the ball (once again) with third party support. At least the Wii had obscure, quirky titles that turned out okay/great (Boom Blox, De Blob, Deadly Creatures, No More Heroes, MadWorld, etc). Wii U doesn't even have that.
Dope, let me know when you get it.

And Fab just stressed on stream that Princess Ling is not better than Speedkicks

Side Rant:

No console does. RIP B-tier titles. Gotta lean on indie stuff now.

DEATH™

So only Sasuke and AAK play this game now? smh

Since my classes started, I haven't been having hobby time for a while, not just tekken. Can't wait till the semester is done...

Claudio looking hella KoF.

In hindsight Tekken is trying to borrow character templates from KOF. Lars is one. Eliza maybe, but the tekken force chick is pretty much KOF' s angel and the sumo girl is hinako...

DEATH™

....Who are you again?

Insolence! Pay respect to the master of the Deadly Boomerang, Degen!

(Seriously, many people at strongstyle recommended me to add playstyle that's similar to yours Degen, my turtling and punishing became nothing when people don't give me anything to punish)

(Also I used SS 3+4 against hamid 1 time.)

GrayFoxPL

You can say that again. Yoga Rise!

I think they reversed some falling down animation frames.

How hard is it to animate pushing yourself off the ground with hands in dynamic matter if they want new get up?

Edit: Claudio is an exorcist so is he the character that is made to "fight the devil" they were talking about?

sasuke_91

....Who are you again?

"It's weird. I feel like I'm forgetting something really important"
"You'll be... better off now... Roxas boutdown"

Good games boutdown. You were basically untouchable today. Kind of frustrating, to be honest :p
Oh and it's really hard to use Xiaoyu against you. You know all her shenanigans and how to get her out of AoP. I have to be careful.

Dereck

Edit: I think you missed this tournament boutdown.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506975
I purposely didn't enter, because I was a bad Tekken player in 2013.

"It's weird. I feel like I'm forgetting something really important"
"You'll be... better off now... Roxas boutdown"

Good games boutdown. You were basically untouchable today. Kind of frustrating, to be honest :p
Oh and it's really hard to use Xiaoyu against you. You know all her shenanigans and how to get her out of AoP. I have to be careful.
I think your best character is Jin

I don't really have much else to add about you losing. Our connection doesn't help.

sasuke_91

I think your best character is Jin

I don't really have much else to add about you losing. Our connection doesn't help.

Jin? That's interesting.
I know I'm not really good with Xiaoyu. And since you always play against AAK I can understand if you think my Hwoarang is not that dangerous.

Our connection is one thing. Another thing is that I still make big mistakes or whiff moves. You're just the better player.

Dereck

I can't really judge a Hwo player, because I have never bothered to learn the character. The way I deal with Hwo is just spacing, learning when not to duck, learning when to duck, and learning when to sidestep, winning against Hwo for me never had anything to do with defense, mainly just spacing.

I don't know if you noticed, but in our very first match where you used Hwo/Steve, I basically kept running into your launchers, I came back and beat you because I knew that's why I kept losing. Hwo only really seems to kill me when I'm not being patient.

EDIT: http://www.twitch.tv/muhnner

Sayah

My new desktop setup.

mCzZpSW.jpg

Makes me want to stream a bunch of junk when this semester is over.

Nice. Sweet setup. I have the original Xenoblade still waiting to be played, haha. Will get to it during winter break probably.

Also, I prefer gaming on monitors myself now. Had my PS3 connected to a monitor for awhile. Looked beautiful in 720p (was using VGA to component cable converter and a separate adapter for sound).

Then, I switched back to the big TV after a long while and everything looked and felt sluggish/janky. Maybe I need to mess with TV settings.
I just got a camera, I made it.

http://www.twitch.tv/muhnner

What were you eating? haha.

I need Bayonetta 2 in my life.

sasuke_91

I don't know if you noticed, but in our very first match where you used Hwo/Steve, I basically kept running into your launchers, I came back and beat you because I knew that's why I kept losing. Hwo only really seems to kill me when I'm not being patient.

Yeah, I noticed. You kept running into b+3 all the time.
Ducking Hwo's highs is how I got Jin to Fighter. People keep spamming d+4,4 or 1,1,3,3 without noticing that they get launched all the time.

My new desktop setup.

mCzZpSW.jpg

So many icons o_O
Nice setup. I also prefer gaming on a monitor.

AAK

Claudio animation allowing for further combo capability. This isn't bound or tailspin.
http://gifyu.com/images/Tekken-7-Gif-1.gif[IMG]

New getup animations:
[IMG]http://gifyu.com/images/Tekken-7-Gif-2.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://gifyu.com/images/Tekken-7-Gif-4.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Man... that new Claudio launcher would be so cool if I had a tag mode... I bet you tag out after it hits and get a red life combo right after!

[quote="Manbig, post: 138936790"]
That get up animation looks awkward as fuck though.[/QUOTE]

Functionality over form I guess. I assume the logic is that they wanted the casuals a way to get up from FAFA position without getting punished with a back-turned string. The only way to do that is give them a quick getup where they are instantly facing the opponent... hence the result we see.

But man there are a ton of things that look incredibly awkward now in Tekken with the graphics being as good as they are now. The rampant clipping is the biggest one. I wish more than anything they'd take the Virtua Fighter route and modify the throw animations depending on the size. And the clipping of all the debris on the screen suck as well, and with them adding even more debris scattered across the screen in T7 it's even more jarring.

But there's still time hopefully.

[quote="Sayah, post: 138940288"]I want to play but can't. :(

Especially since this semester is approaching the final stretch. Exams and papers all coming at me at once.

Plus, now the new Smash is releasing in a week. I have the game pre-ordered and whatever free time I have will go to that now. Even so, I don't think I'll be able to play even smash much at all until winter break.

Can't wait till I'm done with all of this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here... but I just get Tekken withdrawl symptoms and I just have to get some games to keep my body from gnawing at myself :P

[quote="Famicom, post: 138977485"][URL="www.twitch.tv/ks_speedkicks/b/588881333?t=55m"]Why I enjoy watching Speedkicks stream[/URL]. (He's also live right now)[/QUOTE]

I learn so much every SK stream... only caught a bit of it because I try to play Tekken whenever I get time so I don't end up being able to watch a whole lot.

[quote="Manbig, post: 139044973"]My new desktop setup.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mCzZpSW.jpg

Yeah, I need to get rid of my laggy as hell TV and get another monitor. But I do love having non-Tekken friends coming over to my apartment and playing other co op games like Dragon's Crown or Rayman Legends and for that I think having a TV that's at least 32" is pretty important... any 1080p 32" monitors out there? :(

Thanks for the games guys, I'll do better next time, kinda lost heart half way through XD

GG's regardless man, you all did well. Boutdown and Famicom are incredibly dangerous now, they can both mop the floor with me unless I get serious w/ main teams. Good stuff to them. And you guys made BlazingPeanut rage quit the room! Check it out here & here.

Another tournament?

Tryna enter DR

FKO_WebVersion.png

Yo sick! I'm surprised though that they're not doing a GGXrd tournament, I'd assume that game will be pretty big.

Sayah

But man there are a ton of things that look incredibly awkward now in Tekken with the graphics being as good as they are now. The rampant clipping is the biggest one. I wish more than anything they'd take the Virtua Fighter route and modify the throw animations depending on the size. And the clipping of all the debris on the screen suck as well, and with them adding even more debris scattered across the screen in T7 it's even more jarring.
Seems like the surface floor breaks every time a character falls to the ground. On the updated hon maru stage, the boards falling around looks really good imo. The coliseum stage and the forest stage are where the floor breaks look really off and jarring. Hoping they fix that. At least, the floor breaks don't disappear now and permanently alter the look of the stage landscape for that match.

AAK

GGs, to bout, AAK, and the other guy. I forgot your name, sorry.

Yeah, GG's as well! The other guy is BoltGear.

Seems like the surface floor breaks every time a character falls to the ground. On the updated hon maru stage, the boards falling around looks really good imo. The coliseum stage and the forest stage are where the floor breaks look really off and jarring. Hoping they fix that. At least, the floor breaks don't disappear now and permanently alter the look of the stage landscape for that match.

Are you sure they don't disappear? I could have sworn i saw a bunch of them disappear in the location test vids. I know for sure that the wall break debris fade & disappear instantly just like in T6/TTT2.

Sayah

Are you sure they don't disappear? I could have sworn i saw a bunch of them disappear in the location test vids. I know for sure that the wall break debris fade & disappear instantly just like in T6/TTT2.

Yeah, I'm not seeing it disappear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjeGcqtkI74#t=45s

You'll notice even when the new round begins, there's still broken floor boards all over the stage too.

Edit: Also, I was wrong. Surface floor doesn't break every time a character falls on the ground.

Sayah

Just noticed Claudio's hit effect is a cross. They're taking this exorcism seriously.

I noticed that too. This was after you were talking about Claudio being some exorcist. And then I see the cross on his hit effects and I'm going "huh........."

So storyline can go two ways.

Scenario 1: Claudio ends up being another Shin Kamiya and gets his ass handed to him by Heihachi. The contrasts would be too similar since he also has power glowing hands/arms that he has bandaged.

Scenario 2: He exorcises the demon and ends the devil gene curse in the family.

Top Bottom