• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Like most of Federer's matches lately, besides that bewildering first game, his level is pretty good right now.

Lately referring to Basel, Paris, now.

Reyne

In my opinion it's just a bad style to do this. Why stop the rally after the first shot?

Lol. The point is to win. A drop shot, whenever it is used, is one way to do that.

And besides, Federer slices a lot of the returns, so he naturally tends to drop them short every once in a while.

Niraj

I wonder if Fed will even make it out of his section. I'm assuming he'll beat Gasquet, but Delpo is pretty iffy. I'd honestly prefer Delpo making it out anyway since he actually has a chance to win. I'm guessing it'll be Nadal vs Delpo/Fed and Djokovic vs...Stan/Ferrer in the semis. Can't see Fed beating Nadal here this year, but I think Delpo could make it through. I say this fully aware that Fed has won this 6 times.

szaromir

Banned
I wonder if Fed will even make it out of his section. I'm assuming he'll beat Gasquet, but Delpo is pretty iffy. I'd honestly prefer Delpo making it out anyway since he actually has a chance to win. I'm guessing it'll be Nadal vs Delpo/Fed and Djokovic vs...Stan/Ferrer in the semis. Can't see Fed beating Nadal here this year, but I think Delpo could make it through. I say this fully aware that Fed has won this 6 times.
If Roger beats del Potro, then he'll deserve to go through.

Fed will make it to the semis and then get curbstomped by Nadal.

It is written.

Peru

People talking about potential loss record to Djoke. Irrelevant. Fed is not playing now the way he played to get his record stats, that he loses to the best players in his final death cramps has no impact on his hall of fame standing.

Niraj

People talking about potential loss record to Djoke. Irrelevant. Fed is not playing now the way he played to get his record stats, that he loses to the best players in his final death cramps has no impact on his hall of fame standing.

Were the announcers talking about that?

Peru

@SI_BTBaseline 26m
Debate in press row: Does it matter if Federer finishes with losing records to Nadal, Djokovic, and Murray? Could happen. #atp

MIMIC

Banned
@SI_BTBaseline 26m
Debate in press row: Does it matter if Federer finishes with losing records to Nadal, Djokovic, and Murray? Could happen. #atp

It's a conversation to be had, but does it matter? Like...MATTER matter? I'd say no.

szaromir

Banned
Shame Wawrinka lost his footing. But this court is pathetically slow, those forehands down the line would not come back a decade ago.

Niraj

Some good play from Gasquet in this game.

He's broken 3 times in 7 attempts, that's a very good stat actually.

That's good, didn't see any of the first set though. Just commenting on what I'm seeing right now.

Niraj

lol what the fuck at the Mahut vacation talk. Do that shit on your own time tennis channel

Edit: Man, Federer is pretty lucky he didn't get broken there :p

Top Bottom