• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

szaromir

Banned
Roger has started playing really well, but it's doubtful he can now sustain this level for two full sets.

edit: not even half a set :|

szaromir

Banned
Gotta say this is a great rivalry, all the chokes and dips of concentration only add to the drama.

Good return game from Roger, his BH chip return really held up.

szaromir

Banned
What the fuck? Federer stops the rally because of his challange, he is wrong and Delpo didn't get the point?
The line judge screamed out, but she immediately recognized her error, the chair umpire corrected it, Roger challenged the correction, got it wrong, but they still replayed the point because it was the line judge who stopped the point.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
federer serving for the match. didn't expect this a while back.

just do it. it's going to be heartbreaking to see federer lose to nadal at the O2, but it's better than not knowing what would have happened like all those times at the us open.

LuuKyK

Delpo is so inconsistent. Weird match.

Afraid for Roger for his next match. scared.gif Please get rid of Nadal somehow.

Diamond

If Roger plays like today he definitely has a chance against Rafa on this surface. Hope he manages to rest well tonight.

Reyne

Actually, if Gasquet wins in straight against Djokovic, then Federer tops his group.
As if, lol

edit: Actually,ignore that. Seem that Djokovic is def top of his group regardless.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Nadal isn't in great form exactly. Roger will have his chances I think.
All Swiss final please.

It'd be nice if Stan could pull out a win against Djokovic this time after those great matches he lost to him this year

szaromir

Banned
edit: Actually,ignore that. Seem that Djokovic is def top of his group regardless.
Kind of weird that the number of the sets won isn't the first deciding factor.

BTW Federer has qualified to the WTF semis for the 11th time (in 12 appearances). Absolute legend.

Smellycat

Kind of weird that the number of the sets won isn't the first deciding factor.

BTW Federer has qualified to the WTF semis for the 11th time (in 12 appearances). Absolute legend.

And the one time he didn't, he injured his back in the deciding match and saved 7 match points before finally losing.

MIMIC

Banned
The guy who beat me 6-1, 6-2 (when I was experimenting with my grip): I'm "supposed" to play him tomorrow (it's not an official match though). So we'll see how that goes.

I knew he'd cancel (again)...which is why I added the quotes. I hope I get matched up against him again cuz I think he's intentionally avoiding me. :-/ That's why I made sure to obliterate my opponent yesterday so I could get matched up with another good player.

Also....Federer won? And is set to meet Nadal in the semis? Hmmmm....I wonder which will play the bigger role: the match-up that favors Nadal or the fact that they're indoors, something that gives Fed the edge against most opponents.

szaromir

Banned
WTH is this from Djokovic? He's playing completely differently than in Shanghai.

Also....Federer won? And is set to meet Nadal in the semis? Hmmmm....I wonder which will play the bigger role: the match-up that favors Nadal or the fact that they're indoors, something that gives Fed the edge against most opponents.
I think Federer's fatique will be crucial - he's played an awful lot over the past 3 weeks and especially today's match was grueling .

szaromir

Banned
Wawrinka after Gasquet's setpoint.
1965382_FULL-LND.jpg

Top Bottom