• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Peru

omg @ the bff lovey dovey "i hope we play each other again in melbourne", I hope none of you make it to the final!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Federer loses first set to Hewitt 6-1. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come for this year :/

Niraj

Federer takes the second set.

Edit: and wastes all those break points....classic Fed

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Brisbane was also the first title he won, 16 years ago (hosted in Adelaide then, but same event). As a Hewitt fan, I'm just so happy for the guy right now. What a fighter. :')

John Dunbar

correct about everything
I choose to believe Federer let his old pal win the title as a favour, and as to lull the rest of the field into a false sense of security for the Australian Open.

I might be going to the Australian Open for the first time with a small group of friends at Rod Laver Arena for a night match....I’ve wanted to go for years and I’d really love to finally do it. We want to go somewhere around the 19th – 21st but the only available seats are like at the very back or like 6 rows from it. It's quite a lot of money and I don't want to pay that much if it's going to be a shitty view. So what say you Tennis GAF?!? Worth it for like $130? I need some pretty quick advice before all of the last few tickets disappear!

eAeSuSW.jpg

Anyway of knowing if a match in the Australian Open will be men or women playing? I’m thinking of going on the 19th at 7:00pm but I'd like to see the guys playing.

Put a fork in Harrison's career. His brother has started doing the same loopy forehand as well. Why they thought taking pushing lessons from Rossick was a good idea is beyond me.

Diamond

I hope your right man. It's like impossible to find out this info! >_<

19th = 4th round, if you go for the night session you'll probably see one men single match and one women single match.
Grand Slam tickets prices can be pretty high but don't forget you get to see 5 sets matches (for men).

MIMIC

Banned
Anyone seen the Tennis Sensor prototype from Sony at CES? Basically measures how well you hit the ball and how fast the ball goes and racket head speed you get from what I understand

I don't actually believe it'll help much in seriously improving your swing but still, I won't lie I want that thing, shame the hands on doesn't show anything tho

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/6/52...sor-will-help-you-improve-your-swing-hands-on

I would have so much fun with this, lol

When is the OT up?

Slam threads usually go up some time after the draw is revealed.

Diamond

Anyone seen the Tennis Sensor prototype from Sony at CES? Basically measures how well you hit the ball and how fast the ball goes and racket head speed you get from what I understand

I don't actually believe it'll help much in seriously improving your swing but still, I won't lie I want that thing, shame the hands on doesn't show anything tho

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/6/52...sor-will-help-you-improve-your-swing-hands-on

French firm Artengo released something similar last year. Measures speed, how well you hit the ball, things like that. I haven't tested it but from what I read, it slightly modifies the weight of the racket, which can be confusing (hard enough to hit the ball right as it is !). Still, would be interesting to try it, even if I doubt it'll magically help people to play better.

Waiting for the Australian Open, I rewatched one of my favourite matches : Safin-Federer 2005. Fantastic quality of play and scenario.

Isner def. Kohlschrieber 6-7, 7-6, 7-6 in Aukland. Why don't they just skip to the tiebreaks when Isner plays an opponent? Lorde knows he can't break serve.

Niraj

Isner def. Kohlschrieber 6-7, 7-6, 7-6 in Aukland. Why don't they just skip to the tiebreaks when Isner plays an opponent? Lorde knows he can't break serve.

lol no shit man. I forget how many he was in last year, but I think it was around 55 or so?

Wow, Madison Keys need sunscreen. She looks like an Oompa Loompa down under....
Plus that Neanderthal jaw.

Lauren is the future of US woman's tennis.

Wow, Madison Keys need sunscreen. She looks like an Oompa Loompa down under....
Plus that Neanderthal jaw.

Lauren is the future of US woman's tennis.

Lauren has peaked brah. She'll be a journey woman for the next 7 years of so, but won't be top 10. Yeah Lauren may occasionally upset a big name, but Madison has a lot more potential for winning big matches with consistency with her bigger game. Madison will be top 10 in 2-3 years.

Lauren has peaked brah. She'll be a journey woman for the next 7 years of so, but won't be top 10. Yeah Lauren may occasionally upset a big name, but Madison has a lot more potential for winning big matches with consistency with her bigger game. Madison will be top 10 in 2-3 years.
Soubtful. Here career is not Melanie's. Lauren definitely has a warrior's heart.

Top Bottom