• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

I saw your pre-edited message as well. :p I googled it up just to be sure, and she's biracial, her father Rick is black and her mother Christine is white.

For real?
I seriously thought for sure she was completely white. I am serioualy sorry. She looks completely different when I saw her last year and that was during the summer hardcourt swing.

Yes and Agassi's mullet was a wig. He talked about in his book. This was before he was addicted to meth.

szaromir

Banned
I seriously thought for sure she was completely white. I am serioualy sorry. She looks completely different when I saw her last year and that was during the summer hardcourt swing.
No problems, there's nothing to feel sorry about, her skin is relatively light after all.

My ideal quarterfinal draw would be Nadal - del Potro, Djokovic - Wawrinka, Murray - Berdych and Ferrer - Federer. But I bet none of these match-ups will happen >.<

Deadman

So fed just has to beat tsonga, murray, nadal and djokovic. Easy. Possible stakhovsky revenge too.

Djokovic easiest possible draw. Again.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I would have so much fun with this, lol
Exactly, I would definitely fuck around with it just playing against a wall and see how well it goes. I was already glued to one of those things that looks at your serve speed at an event, wanted to break my 190km/h barrier so bad but couldn't do it. How some of these pros get 220 consistently and almost effortlessly is beyond me

French firm Artengo released something similar last year. Measures speed, how well you hit the ball, things like that. I haven't tested it but from what I read, it slightly modifies the weight of the racket, which can be confusing (hard enough to hit the ball right as it is !). Still, would be interesting to try it, even if I doubt it'll magically help people to play better.
Oh damn, this already exists?! Now I want to find reviews and buy it ASAP

24 grams is definitely enough to mess up weight balance, but maybe some people that have tried it have finished it off with enough lead tape or something. Sony's solution seems much better but I doubt it's coming anytime soon (if at all!)

Technology needs to catch up on tennis training already, I want to be able to play against ball machines that serve the ball at you at 300km/h

Diamond

Exactly, I would definitely fuck around with it just playing against a wall and see how well it goes. I was already glued to one of those things that looks at your serve speed at an event, wanted to break my 190km/h barrier so bad but couldn't do it. How some of these pros get 220 consistently and almost effortlessly is beyond me

Oh damn, this already exists?! Now I want to find reviews and buy it ASAP

24 grams is definitely enough to mess up weight balance, but maybe some people that have tried it have finished it off with enough lead tape or something. Sony's solution seems much better but I doubt it's coming anytime soon (if at all!)

Technology needs to catch up on tennis training already, I want to be able to play against ball machines that serve the ball at you at 300km/h

Babolat is also working on a similar device : the Play Pure Drive, where the data will be collected directly by the racket. Looks pretty cool and seems more precise than what Artengo does, but it'll cost 400$... Coming at the end of the year. Here's a video.

babolat-play-1.jpg

John Dunbar

correct about everything
nadal, murray, federer and del potro on the same side of the draw. might as well give djokovic byes all the way to the final. jesus.

oh, and federer is fucked. utterly, utterly fucked.

Diamond

Some early in the draw potential matches that could be entertaining :

1st round Nadal-Tomic
3rd round Raonic-Dimitrov
3rd round Nadal-Monfils
3rd round Fognini-Gulbis
3rd round Djoko-Istomin (if Istomin wins his first two matches it could mean he wants to play well).
3rd round Wawrinka-Pospisil
3rd round Roger-Stakhovsky, though I doubt Stakhovsky'll beat Gabashvili, let alone Verdasco.

MIMIC

Banned
Hilarious draw. Djoker really doesn't need any help (like Nadal doesn't need any help at the French). I'd rather Novak have a rigged draw at Wimbledon =p

Raonic withdraws from Davis Cup tie against Japan. With Pospisil's back problems (looks like he'll only play doubles) Canada will have to win the 3 non-Nishikori matches to win. It'll be tough.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
She'll never change. She'll be a housewife soon enough if she doesn't need her dad to do that too.

It's awful. Her dad is almost as much of a hamstring as Donald Young's family has been. She just hired Mortensen, Li's old coach. He should already start looking for his next gig.

Who's pumped for Davis cup tomorrow? USA v. GBR.

It looks like there's a high chance this tie will be 2-2, and it will all come down to the Don v. Ward.

R1. D. YOUNG v A. MURRAY
R2. S. QUERREY v J. WARD
R3. B. BRYAN / M. BRYAN v C. FLEMING / A. MURRAY
R4. S. QUERREY v A. MURRAY
R5. D. YOUNG v J. WARD

szaromir

Banned
Be wary of results in home grand slams and Davis Cup. It's much easier to play at that level when at an emotional high.
It depends on a person, some players collapse under such pressure (stosur in Australia :p). Besides, he lost in straight sets. ;) I do like what he brings to the court and with better fitness and experience he should do some damage on the ATP level (I'm predicting top 10 at some point
you can quote me 15 years from now if my prediction tends out to be wrong :p
).

It depends on a person, some players collapse under such pressure (stosur in Australia :p). Besides, he lost in straight sets. ;) I do like what he brings to the court and with better fitness and experience he should do some damage on the ATP level (I'm predicting top 10 at some point
you can quote me 15 years from now if my prediction tends out to be wrong :p
).

I would take Kokkinakis' future over Kyrgios, but both will have successful careers.

Also, why is Pospisil ONLY playing doubles for Canada? He's by far the highest ranked player on their team.

lol Dolan got wrecked by Murray. The blowout loss to Nishikori is having a hangover effect. Hopefully he doesn't go on another 20 match losing streak as a result.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Querry and insner both are big first servers though so that's what's throwing me off.

For whatever reason he seems to prefer that stuff in Davis Cup. There are probably other articles talking about it, but all I found with a quick search was this for their reasoning. I'm sure Isner beating Roger on clay also added to that decision.

James Ward has eliminated USA from the Davis Cup. Andy Murray also present.

lol basically. Murray was going to win both of his matches no matter who faced him. Isner included. James Ward's upset over Querry won the tie for GBR, and having Isner there instead of Young would not have made a difference.

Top Bottom