• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Reyne

Interestingly, its the first time Federer has won against Djokovic after losing the first set... Curious time to start doing that...

Diamond

I'll admit it's easy to laugh at pronostics after a match, but yeah, always dangerous to predict an easy win for Roger's opponent when that opponent isn't called Nadal. :)

If I was Novak I wouldn't take this defeat as anything more than a warning. It's only Dubaï after all, Indian Wells and Miami will offer better perspective on where everyone stands right now.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Dolgo's on a nice little run here.

Whatever happened to him? I remember a couple years ago he was close to making the top ten. Injury, or just didn't perform? I like watching him play, does a lot of interesting (and occasionally dumb) things.

Dimitrov and Murray are in a 3rd set and its almost 2am local time in Acapulco. So late for a tennis match. Murray is probably wanting his hot cup of tea and a blanket right now

Niraj

Dimitrov and Murray are in a 3rd set and its almost 2am local time in Acapulco. So late for a tennis match. Murray is probably wanting his hot cup of tea and a blanket right now

Wonder if Dimitrov will be able to serve it out, or choke.

Niraj

lol I'm amazed Murray couldn't get it past him there. This has been a pretty sloppy game.

Edit: Yeesh, those were some super ugly first serves.

Niraj

Dmitrov chokes! Whoda thunk it...besides everyone who has followed his career to this point. lol

lol. I doubt he's even surprised. He needs to take a breath. He's hitting waaaaaaay long

Edit: What the hell? lol. What a dumb decision by Dimitrov.

lol that was the dumbest tweener attempt I've ever seen.

A 3rd set tiebreak will decide the match. As long as Dmitrov doesn't get a lead, he has a chance to win. What? exactly.

Reyne

Well, this was a much much harder match to watch just because of how volatile it was. So much choking from both players. Just glad Federer found a way to get through.

Saty

Wouldn't have minded too much if Fed lost. Get that once-in-a-year loss to Berdych early in the season in 500 event.

Reyne

Well done Roger.

Btw, he won against Murray, Tsonga, Berdych and Novak Djokovic. Good start for the year, right?

Yeah, basically, in terms of top 10 players beaten and titles won, he has already eclipsed what he achieved in 2013. Thats just how bad that year was for Federer.

Yeah, basically, in terms of top 10 players beaten and titles won, he has already eclipsed what he achieved in 2013. Thats just how bad that year was for Federer.

Yeah 2013 was a really cringe-worthy year for Fed.

Re-watching some of the Fed/Birdman final...little rough but nice win for Fed

This tournament in Mexico needs to have earlier start times for their matches. The semi finals didn't end until 2:30am and this final is going to go past 1am local time.

Reyne

Good win for Dimitrov to take his second title.

Both Federer and Dimitrov won a 500 on the same day huh. Imagine that. :)

Niraj

Looks like Dimitrov is going to jump up to 16 in the rankings after his win. Good to see him playing well.

LuuKyK

Away for a week, couldnt even follow results as internet connection was barely existent where I was. Anyway, Grigor eliminating Murray and winning a tournament/not choking is so amazing. Keep going.

Also, talking about Dimitrov
kind of
. Genie is on a roll. This girl is literally on fire. lmao Such an off court gifworthy legend.

SWEBc.gif

Reyne

Looks like a fun draw. Nadal vs Murray in the quarter ( can't believe these two haven't met since 2011 ) and then Wawrinka vs Federer. On paper Djokovic got a cakewalk, but I guess such thing seldom work out in practice.

Also, Dimitrov to face Gulbis for the third time in under a month. A little rivalry in the making, maybe...

Top Bottom