• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Away for a week, couldnt even follow results as internet connection was barely existent where I was. Anyway, Grigor eliminating Murray and winning a tournament/not choking is so amazing. Keep going.

Also, talking about Dimitrov
kind of
. Genie is on a roll. This girl is literally on fire. lmao Such an off court gifworthy legend.

SWEBc.gif
She's the Meltzer or Stepanek of the WtA. Broad likes to have fun.

Peru

How do you like Maria's chances here? :p

I am not so confident myself. I can already see her struggling against Petkovic on the second round.

Eeh, hard to say. She hasn't got back into the groove of playing tournaments after her injury, only AO and then rest / Olympic hijinx. Might see spotty play here as well, hopefully she keeps on getting match practice in the coming months though.

Maybe he's judging on the whole package. She's at least a 9.5/10 on any scale physically ( I'de give her a perfect 10 ), but she's also a Belieber. That takes some points away from her personality. Still, I can easily look past that poor judgement, because she seems fun to be around

Maybe he's judging on the whole package. She's at least a 9.5/10 on any scale physically ( I'de give her a perfect 10 ), but she's also a Belieber. That takes some points away from her personality. Still, I can easily look past that poor judgement, because she seems fun to be around

I honestly don't know her. That gif with Wawa is incredibly cute.
After googling her she seems to have some kind of hips, already better than Upton (and more talented too)

LuuKyK

She does seem to be pretty funny, or so it seems based on her interviews. Watch this for example. Or this.

I honestly don't know her. That gif with Wawa is incredibly cute.
After googling her she seems to have some kind of hips, already better than Upton (and more talented too)

wtaa03.gif

Peru

Maybe if she steps up like K-cheva. Attack is the best form of defense

Bh5LYfvCIAEacJD.png:large

"Not really charming. Not really charming. Not really charming."

MIMIC

Banned
Wow, so my new racket was good for 1 day, but turned out to be a huge POS. I got a painful blister on my palm after using it for more than one day. I've never had blisters from tennis rackets, so that was....interesting.

I think that was either due to the grip size (which is a 4 1/2) or the fact that I got it slightly shorter than the average racket (trying to compensate for my holding of the racket higher on the handle). That tennis coach from a long time ago said that my racket was too small for my hands, so....I increased the grip size. And it gave me a blister! Yay!

And funnily enough, I went back to my old racket and now I can make overheads, ground strokes with a normal grip (instead of gripping higher on the racket handle).

Also, the racket is super light, so maybe that was an issue, too. I guess next time I get a racket, I'll try to just increase the head size and leave everything else the same.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
The dude that wrote up the draw analysis on tennis.com picks Federer v Nadal and Gulbis v Djokovic in the semis, with Federer beating Djokovic in the final. He insinuates that the quarterfinal will be Federer v Wawrinka, which means he thinks Federer will beat the top three players in the world, in a row. Talk about a bold prediction :p

Tekniqs

hey how much would tickets be to watch at Indian Wells? I'm hoping to watch Federer before he retires

oh and a friend of mine is on security duty. sadly, he has no crazy stories to tell me. Sauciest one is a few years back, he was with a female player while she was signing autographs after a match. She happened to back up her ass into his hand lol

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
hey how much would tickets be to watch at Indian Wells? I'm hoping to watch Federer before he retires

oh and a friend of mine is on security duty. sadly, he has no crazy stories to tell me. Sauciest one is a few years back, he was with a female player while she was signing autographs after a match. She happened to back up her ass into his hand lol

http://www.bnpparibasopen.com/Tickets/Daily-Tickets.aspx

That's more than a little belly. That girl is biiiiiiig.

And besides that I was just joking.

McEnroe tried to ban her from playing in a few tournaments due to her weight. I believe the Junior US Open was one of them, but she played in it anyway without USTA's travel funding assistance. I guess the development program has resigned to the fact Townsend is going to be a larger player and will accept her as she is. Of course it does hurt knowing how much better of a player she could be if she got rid of the excess weight.

Jay Sosa

Oh wow, didn't know that; not sure if I'm ok with that. Sounds like an assholish thing to do. First time seeing her, she definitely has game.

Just won the first set. You go girl!

PMAC's system is not working. It's great to see.

The USTA needs a new development leader like...now. We currently have 3 junior boys in the top 10 of the junior ranks, and under Patrick they will become journeymen once they transition to the pros like every other former top American junior over the past decade.

edit: Take DY as an example. He was the number 1 junior for like 3 years straight, then became a journeyman in the pros. At age 25, his career may only have about 5 or 6 years left.

Top Bottom