• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

John Dunbar

correct about everything
usually i root for the underdog, but i'm kinda glad murray won so there's a chance for the first match between him and nadal since 2011. of course murray will probably get schooled in this form and on this surface, but nadal has not exactly been at his best either since the aussie.

Peru

Vesely41watermarked.gif

Vesely11watermarked.gif

Vesely21watermarked.gif

Vesely31watermarked.gif

or http://www.changeovertennis.com/saga-jiri-veselys-overheads-told-gifs/

Djokovic won his 550th match last night. I wonder how many Fed has

edit: Federer is at 938 :O

He may break 1000 at the end of next year or early 2016

edit2: Just seconds after I posted this, Fed won.....he's at 939!

LuuKyK

This Sharapova x Giorgi match, lord. 6 games played, 6 breaks of serve. Lol Peak doublefaultpova.

Edit: she is totally going to lose this match isnt she? -.-

Faith

ROFL! Did anyone see how Fognini lost his racket after serving? xD

Monfils serving for match, 2 match points, 3 double faults xD

LuuKyK

Omg Monfils. What a complete idiot. 3DFs. Unsure who us the worst server. Him or Sharapova. Tennis quality today has been awful.

LuuKyK

I dont think I have ever seen maria played this badly. She seriously lost it. Will dhe ever go back to her fighting self that would prevail in these long matches? Only time will tell but I dont think so. Stop fucking promoting porcshe and sugarpova and train because 16 winners to 60 unforced errors and 10 df is just embarassing for someone that already achieved so much. /rant

Lol I hope she is better in miami. All the players I like are sucking lately. Only genie left in the draw. I wont even root for her tomorrow because my luck lately is just abysmal.

Edit: i already fear for sven gronenfelds job. But then again tbh, he didnt add anything to her game...

MIMIC

Banned
I know exactly how Dolgo feels. I played my friend today and served for the second set at 5*-1. FIVE GAMES TO FREAKING ONE! I lost that set 7-5, lol

Fortunately, I won the 3rd set 6-2, so I recovered. :)

(I won the first 6-2)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I know exactly how Dolgo feels. I played my friend today and served for the second set at 5*-1. FIVE GAMES TO FREAKING ONE! I lost that set 7-5, lol

Fortunately, I won the 3rd set 6-2, so I recovered. :)

(I won the first 6-2)

You should take a break and post next time you're about to win a match so I can say that you're playing amazing tennis.

LuuKyK

lol epic challenge at the end there. But anyway. YESSS! At last a good result for me today. It almost makes up for Maria's shameful display. Almost. If only Vasely defeated Mugray. ;____;

MIMIC

Banned
No. It takes place after the Cibulkova x Makarova match that is currently in first set (4x2) on Stadium 2.

OK. thanx

I was trying to find the schedule using the ATP's live scoring window, and it said it was after the Cibulkova match. And then when it said that no one was currently playing, I got confused.

Then I just found that you have to switch between the ATP and the WTA.....even though some categories include both >_<

Sloane doesn't look like she has fun playing tennis anymore. She looks too serious and focused which can actually be detrimental when you over think your shots. She needs to find a balance that includes being focused, while being relaxed and having fun at the same time.

Diamond

Nice win for Dolgopolov, hope he can build on this performance.

We currently have Dolgo-Fognini, Murray-Raonic and Roger-Haas in 4th round, plus Dimitrov-Gulbis in 3rd, nice line up.

Top Bottom