• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Reyne

Welp, did I miss some interesting tennis today or what? :p

And just so I could play some tennis myself... Oh well, at least I get to watch the semis.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
surely he can't keep this up, but taking even a set from djokovic in this form is pretty impressive. of course it might be that djokovic's wrist has gotten worse.

Faith

Hooooooly...what the fuck??? Best point I've ever seen in my life :O

How is he grabbing these out? Djokovic placed every shot perfectly into the corners!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
That's a bit of a letdown considering how well he's been playing the whole match. Maybe he can break back, but seems like Djokovic is just getting better.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
the stuff they're saying on sky sports doesn't make djokovic's wrist sound very good.

to be honest, even if it's a minor injury, i don't really understand why anyone would play. i'm not a doctor, but playing tennis with a wrist injury seems to me to be just about the worst thing you can do.

the stuff they're saying on sky sports doesn't make djokovic's wrist sound very good.

to be honest, even if it's a minor injury, i don't really understand why anyone would play. i'm not a doctor, but playing tennis with a wrist injury seems to me to be just about the worst thing you can do.
I thibk his wrist is fine. He is just learning a thing or two from Nadull.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i put some money on federer. hopefully the old man can come through, wrist or no wrist.

wawrinka breezing by, 5-0 already.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
why ferrer

why

why do you beat nadal at monte carlo then go and to be so bad

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
not many players can do much against wawrinka in this form. ferrer has not been particularly bad. a bit more even so far in the second, though.

Nah, Ferrer's early forehand was completely gone. I mean, Wawrinka was good as well, but Ferrer rediscovered his forehand at 1-6 0-0 15-40, and is now pulling level.

Reyne

Wawrinka was hitting winners at will in the first set. Not much Ferrer could do about that. Second set could have a gone either way, but in the end Wawrinka simply stepped it up in the tie-break. Good win for him.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
What's up with Nole's backhand? No drive to it. Doesn't look like a wrist problem because his forehand is going in fine.

EDIT: No, shit, his forehand is dying now as well. These are some weak shots.

Top Bottom