• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Guess this is the one good match a year that Simon plays. I was surprised to see that he's beaten Nadal before. Nadal would be in a lot of trouble if Simon was actually good.

Niraj

Can't believe Simon keeps coming back.

Edit: That's incredible. Before this last point, the winners/ufe ratio. Nadal 29/29. Simon 50/50.

LuuKyK

Maria was godawful, she seems tired. I wouldnt blame her though, after two weeks of mentally and physically tiring matches winning back to.back tournaments...

It not all that bad though. She would probably be destroyed by Serena in this form and she needs to be rested for RG. So yeah...

Although it has to be said that Ivanovic was playing out of her mind. Finding all the lines. She is anserious contender for RG if she plays like this.

Youzney takes the first set against Nadull.

This is clay. Baldal will find a way to win.

Faith

Nadal continues to look the most beatable he ever was on clay. RG is going to be very intriguing this year.
I expect Djokovic to win this year.

Nadal - Murray
Haas - Dimitrov
Raonic - Chardy
Ferrer - Djokovic

Interesting matches. Murray will lose 6:2 6:2 or something like that I suppose. Ferrer will be tough for Djokovic but I expect nothing less than a Djokovic/Nadal final.

Reyne

Youzhny was up a set and a break against Nadal before turning on the engines and the day before he had a 3 hours and 20 minutes marathon with Simon. Now, Murray is no clay giant as the aforementioned two, Youzhny and Simon, so Nadal might just make quick work of Murray. Still, Nadal seem to be in the worst clay form of his life. Don't think an upset would be too surprising. Nevertheless, first time these two meet since 2011. Will be interesting to see how this one unfolds. Never thought I'd say that about an Murray/Nadal match.

LuuKyK

Dull will find a way to win. I think this is the third I am saying this in here. I was right on all of them. Lol but maybe mugray will make a miracle happen. Who knows. Still dimitrov better beat whoever gets through to the semis.

Niraj

Everyone is looking pretty suspect on clay this year. Hopefully we're in for a fun French Open.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
djokovic holding his hand kind of funny there. what are the odds his wrist explodes just in time to play nadal?

rafa wins again.

Niraj

Mowgli is gonna run through the field, its not in doubt. The only man to beat him took a career ending amount of energy....

That's how it usually works. But if you've taught me anything, it's that a single brah just needs to rise up, break his back, make him humble.

Niraj

We say this every year.

And then Nadal just goes through everybody.

Honestly, I don't even give a shit if he wins since it's expected. It'd be cool to see some new people in the semis at least though (the other three spots naturally :p).

I don't know if the field has just gotten better or if the top players are playing worse, but this is the worst I've seen the top ten look (on clay) in a long time.

Niraj

Nobody can bneat this Nadull on clay, maybe only a fully realized potential Donald Young.

no-handshake-new.gif

Top Bottom