• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i feel pretty conflicted about this. of course i'd like to see federer win, but ferrer does not deserve that 0-16 head-to-head. if federer hadn't lost all those finals this year i might actually be rooting for ferrer.

Reyne

Wow its out... Good fight from Ferrer, but Fed had to take this one. Still, it sure had me worried for while...

Anyway, finally a big title again for Fed! :D

Faith

80th title, 22nd Masters title, 6th Cincinnati title. Well deserved.

I feel bad for Djokovic. Thought he would pass Roger this year.

Faith

Masters titles:

Nadal 27
Federer 22
Djokovic 19
Agassi 17
Sampras 11
Murray 9

But I think it's obvious that Djokovic is the best player since 2011. He won 6 GS titles (Nadal 5, Federer 1), 14 Masters titles (Nadal 9, Federer 4) & 2 WTF tiltes (Federer 1, Nadal 0).

scarlet

Fed and Serena won in the same week, it's like a dream

Masters titles:

Nadal 27
Federer 22
Djokovic 19
Agassi 17
Sampras 11
Murray 9

But I think it's obvious that Djokovic is the best player since 2011. He won 6 GS titles (Nadal 5, Federer 1), 14 Masters titles (Nadal 9, Federer 4) & 2 WTF tiltes (Federer 1, Nadal 0).

Why it has to be 2011? :p

Faith

it's the only year when djokovic has won more than one slam. djokovic was the best player of 2011, but that's where it ends.
Ok 2012: Djokovic won 3 Masters (6 Masters finals) and the WTF. Nadal won 2 Masters (2 Masters finals). Djokovic won 1 GS (3 finals) and Nadal won 1 GS (2 finals). Djokovic > Nadal. Nadal was obviosly the best player 2013 (eventhough Djokovic dominated the whole tour after the US Open). 2014 Djokovic won 3 Masters and 1 GS, Nadal 1 Masters and 1 GS. We have to wait and see what will happen in the rest of the season.

So yes Djokovic is the best player since 2011.

bud23

453755042-roger-federer-of-switzerland-hods-the-gettyimages.jpg

Probably the ugliest trophy I've ever seen. Seriously.

Top Bottom