• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

John Dunbar

correct about everything
bageled from having 15-40 in the opening game. that's not the samurai way.

now watch wawrinka play the match of his life and then fold in the final and the davis cup.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Roger, you should keep leaving half the court open when you rush the net. That'll help you out.

Niraj

I think Roger really needs to break. At this rate, I don't think he'll win a tiebreak.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
federer played a great last service game of the set. that means he will struggle to get that ball in court in the tiebreak.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Trollwrinka trolling magnificently. I doff my hat in his general direction.

Niraj

That sucks for Roger, but doesn't really excuse him losing the other points. You know he's going to be pissed about it the rest of the match though so that's probably it.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
this is like murray imploding after that net call against djokovic. no excuse when it's just 0-15.

the umpire still fucking sucks at his job, though.

Diamond

That sucks for Roger, but doesn't really excuse him losing the other points. You know he's going to be pissed about it the rest of the match though so that's probably it.

Well maybe but in a match like this every point counts. A triple break point vs 15:30 is a huge difference.

Edit : Cédric Mourier is a good umpire usually. Can't really tell if his overrule was unclear without being on the court, but Federer sure would've challenged if he heard it.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Federer's Swiss German is surprisingly thick. As an international star, I keep expecting him to have a more standard German, especially given the clarity of his English. Not a major observation, just sort of neat he has such a strong regional accent.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
That poor call may soon become largely academic.

EDIT: or not.

Faith

Federer's Swiss German is surprisingly thick. As an international star, I keep expecting him to have a more standard German, especially given the clarity of his English. Not a major observation, just sort of neat he has such a strong regional accent.
It's Swiss German, it sounds totally different.

Uf Schwitzerdütsch isch ebbe alles e chli andersch wenn verstosch wasi mein ;)

Top Bottom