• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Humidex

EwwGene is so not good when she tries to play Big Babe Tennis

Too much Instagram. Far too little time finding a new coach and actually training.

Then again, is that really surprising for someone hailing from Westmount?

Milos it is then for a Slam hope...

LuuKyK

Just like Serena, Genie seemed like she couldn't give two fucks about this exho. :lol

I expect her to improve for the AO and/or when she gets a goddamn coach or stop doing photo-shoots instead of training (not that I am complaining about the last one lol - can't blame her either) .

And lol at the notion that she is the only one that gets bageled. In three days of 2015 a multitude of players was bageled: Jankovic, Falconi, Rybarikova, Peer, Date Krumm, Wickmayer, Minella (double bagel), Shvedova, McHale, Pennetta. Hell, even Serena was bageled.

ghstwrld

i4P1SaI.jpg

ahh.gif
ahh.gif
ahh.gif

LuuKyK

Rena's got her ass handled by Genie. :lol Priceless, even if Serena looked like she would rather be anywhere else than playing that match.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Berrer played super clutch at the end of the second, some lovely shots; admittedly Nadal was incredibly poor but that shouldn't take away from some of Berrer's running forehands.

Youindangergirl.gif

:lol I love genie. She gives no fucks.
It's such a welcoming sight to see these blue courts again, it warms my soul.

Bouchard better not give any fucks. They brought up the damn Bieber question to her again and I find it pretty offensive. I don't know if it's a cultural thing with Australians but it's gotta stop. I mean they didn't ask Popisil after his win if he wanted to bang some Degrassi starlets....

I know it's just an exho, but what a horrendous match from the Canadians in mixed doubles. I guess they had places they needed to get to for next week.....

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Still haven't forgiven Karlovic for 2003. Some grudges never die.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I was 9 and Hewitt was my hero. 'twas a soul-crushing experience.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
This is a terribly dull match. Neither of them having anything working right now except their serves.

This is a terribly dull match. Neither of them having anything working right now except their serves.

At least Groth gets his ass to the net ASAP unlike other servebots.

I'm not too concerned with Djokovic losing to Karlovic. He has a few losses to Isner in his career as well in smaller tournaments

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Djokovic is good at aggressively going after weaker serves but I think his block return is not actually particularly good. As a whole package, I'd take his return of serve before almost anyone else's, but if you put a gun to my head and said "you have to pick one player to get Karlovic's serve back simply back in the court", I'd probably pick Murray or maybe even Ferrer, who has an insanely underrated RoS - seriously, it's legitimately perhaps his best shot outside his DtL forehand.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Karlovic's serve is just ridiculous at the moment. Frankly crazy. Even Ferrer's struggling.

EDIT: He also just overtook Roddick in this match for the title of 2nd most career aces served all time, needs to catch Goran. He's about 1000 short, so it'd be an incredible achievement if he managed it before retiring.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
So happy Ferrer clutched that out, great win over an opponent in incredible form.

As for Tomic, I'm still convinced he could be incredible, but time is rapidly passing. Needs to dig and take things seriously.

LuuKyK

Brisbane final Ana Ivanovic vs Maria Sharapova

wtaa16.gif

Uh oh.

I know Maria already got revenge for the blood pressure incident in Beijing last year (gifting Anal a bagel in the process).

But I dont really care, lost a lot of respect for ms. ajde after that match. Hope Maria stomps on her tomorrow (again).

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Caroline has to hate herself after that. Winning the first set in about half an hour only to lose the match.

Top Bottom