• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Too bad about Serena. I was pretty excited about the Halep match.

But at this point in her career it's clearly the best thing to do, regardless of the severity of the injury. It's all about slams.

And yeah, I noticed how Carillo tried to negate the racism. Kick rocks with that.

And yeah, I noticed how Carillo tried to negate the racism. Kick rocks with that.

She's wrong. They weren't booing Serena for withdrawing due to injury because Serena didn't withdraw. She won the damn tournament. They were booing Richard Williams because they believed he pulled Venus out of the tournament so the sisters wouldn't have to face eachother. Fans felt slighted for being deprived of an anticipated sister clash.

At the same time, not everyone booing was a racist. They were booing for the reason I mentioned above. Reportedly, racist remarks were yelled at Richard during the Serena/Clijsters final, so yes those people were/are racist

scarlet

@carole_bouchard

Serena on court to explain she injured her right knee a couple days ago at practice. Had MRI. Some slight booing, more claps.

What? Nadal played 2013 level and Raonic was better.
After two sets, Milos had 24 forehand unforced errors. It was dreadful. He couldn't put the ball in the court. He was routinely spraying balls ten meters out. I don't know how anyone can say Milos played well at all other than his serve, which Ljubicic improved. I felt bad for the people in the crowd.

Faith

After two sets, Milos had 24 forehand unforced errors. It was dreadful. He couldn't put the ball in the court. He was routinely spraying balls ten meters out. I don't know how anyone can say Milos played well at all other than his serve, which Ljubicic improved. I felt bad for the people in the crowd.
He saved 3 MPs with forehand errors?

Faith

Djokovic won 8 of the last 9 meetings against Murray. Murray stole that Wimbledon title, but we all know that :p

I think 2 sets will be enough for Nole.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
sir andrew continues to disappoint, but at least he didn't play well just to delay federer-raonic. i have a terrible feeling that raonic unlocks his serving god-mode just for a chance to bend over in the final.

Faith

I still believe that Raonic is going to win the tournament by beating the best 3 players of this decade. Something similiar to Tsonga case last year.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Tsonga was a fucking beast in Montreal. That was one of the more impressive tournament wins I can remember.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
federer still hasn't lost a set since australian open. hasn't even had to play a breaker. i doubt that streak will go on after a potential match against djokovic here, assuming he wins today in straights of course, but still pretty well from the old man.

Ricker

Damnit...oh well,Miami Open is just around the corner,all the top seeds are there on both sides...no news on Bouchard,I hope her injury is healed and she will be there as well...I think the only top 75 on both sides missing is Kvitova on the women's side.

Damnit...oh well,Miami Open is just around the corner,all the top seeds are there on both sides...no news on Bouchard,I hope her injury is healed and she will be there as well...I think the only top 75 on both sides missing is Kvitova on the women's side.
Federer isn't going, neither is Cilic.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
like with all wta matches, i root for the person who wins the first set. jankovic surprised me, though. been a long time since i've seen her play well.

EN08OlW.jpg

Top Bottom