• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

szaromir

Banned
Anticlimatic final 4 games, but congrats to Djoker as he was the better player today. Roger did well to turn this match into a dog fight after the first set.

Fed only made it to the third cause of some miracle DF chokes from Djokovic, not by any great play, he was barely hanging on, def well deserved by Djokovic for the match.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
might have been an interesting end if federer hadn't given up that 40-15 lead at 2-3, but a pretty good final overall. djokovic was obviously the better player, so it was a deserved win.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Yeah whole match was on Djokovic's racquet. Glad Roger didn't give up in the second though.

Faith

mmmb1p31.png

He is really dominating it since 2011. Won 16 of the last 37 Masters, Nadal 9, Federer 6, Murray 3.

He might surpass Nadal next year?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Fed only made it to the third cause of some miracle DF chokes from Djokovic, not by any great play, he was barely hanging on, def well deserved by Djokovic for the match.
He had the whole crowd against him entirely. It's a miracle he recovered back to his form in the third set, I really wonder what he has to do to be considered one of the best by tennis fans

Yeah, I was watching live score like a hawk. Especially since the match before, Alexandr Zverev beat De Bakker to qualify.

Zverev grows an inch every time I look at his profile. He's a 6'6" 17 year old currently. Could be an Isner clone if he doesn't stop growing soon. There was another German who began his career playing tennis, until he grew too tall. His name was Dirk Nowiztki

Milchmann

Zverev grows an inch every time I look at his profile. He's a 6'6" 17 year old currently. Could be an Isner clone if he doesn't stop growing soon. There was another German who began his career playing tennis, until he grew too tall. His name was Dirk Nowiztki

Zverev's movement is already (or still?) better than Isner's.

Faith

So we have some really interesting early potential matchups:

Dimitrov vs. Del Potro in R2
Wawrinka vs. Kokkinakis in R2
Nishikori vs. Troicki in R3
Monfils vs. Tsonga in R3

Alexandr Zverev plays Groth in the main draw. He can beat him, then Rosol who save for last week, is in a huge slump.

Why isn't Mardy playing here? Was IS his swan song?

Xun

Going to buy some tickets for this years World Tour Finals soon, but I'm not entirely sure what days to go for yet.

Mhmm...

Buca de Bepa Zvonereva couldn't pull out the victory, neither could Puig.

Lauren Davis up next
Yeah. Hopefully Lauren doesn't disappoint me. Monica just imploded. Irina did absolutely nothing with the ball, save for a few volleys and lobs. Monica has some decent action on her second serve.

Lauren. :( she's taken a step back this year......

I like this Korean brah Hyoen Chung.

Yeah. Hopefully Lauren doesn't disappoint me. Monica just imploded. Irina did absolutely nothing with the ball, save for a few volleys and lobs. Monica has some decent action on her second serve.

Lauren. :( she's taken a step back this year......

I like this Korean brah Hyoen Chung.

I think Lauren Davis has already peaked. There's only so much a 5'2" player can do, and she's not really improving anymore.

Wickmayer got rekd by Sloane. Thats not a good look for her

Rainy Dog

Going to buy some tickets for this years World Tour Finals soon, but I'm not entirely sure what days to go for yet.

Mhmm...

I booked mine on mine on Tuesday. Went for Thursday the 19th, second to last round robin day. Same day as I went last year and it worked out really well in terms of matches.

I'm from up North so I have to travel down and stay over. Works out nicely having the last couple of days in the week off, travelling down early Thursday morning and then back on the Friday before the weekend.

Niraj

Looking forward to catching Del Potro today. Kind of interested to see where he's at right now.

Niraj

It's almost been 6 years since we've seen him smack Fedal at the US. How time flies. We're never gonna see that Del Potro anymore, are we :(

Cruel, cruel sport.

Nope, he'll never get back to that. He was playing well the other year though. Just couldn't quite get over the hump.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
hopefully del potro at least gets past pospisil. dimitrov has been disappointing since his wimby run, but he should at least make del potro play some proper tennis to see where he's at. this canadian is a runt.

edit: yeah, del potro is still hitting one-handed backhands. he's done.

Top Bottom