• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Miami sure has an...odd selection of night time headlining matches.

Tomorrow's 9pm center court match is Juan Monaco v. Guillermo Garcia Lopez.

Other matches earlier in the day include
Tsonga v. Monfils
Nadal v. Verdasco
Tomic v. Berdych

CiCi will be a multi slam winner someday. She just needs to enjoy life, drink milkshakes and dance at the soc-hop. Serena gobbled up her potential like a cheap buffet.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Tomic up to no. 24 and is ranked 10th in the race, rapidly gaining on Nadal. :) So glad he's finally got his act together. I could definitely see him as a slam winner in a year or two.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

I'm not saying it's likely, I could just see it as a possibility. After all, Cilic has one and he's pretty mediocre. Regardless of how much I jinxed it, it's pretty evident he can play at around the same level as Berdych, and I don't feel like anyone would say Berdych winning a slam is particularly outlandish.

I'm not saying it's likely, I could just see it as a possibility. After all, Cilic has one and he's pretty mediocre. Regardless of how much I jinxed it, it's pretty evident he can play at around the same level as Berdych, and I don't feel like anyone would say Berdych winning a slam is particularly outlandish.
Cilic is far from mediocre. A mental midget most of his career and a doper, but a SUPREME talent.

Crushing lost for Romic, bu don't know if he cares about winning enough to effect him....

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
We might be heading towards a William sister clash. Both of them have been dominant in this tournament so far

Are they in opposite halves? Haven't really checked the draw at all.

On another note, Petkovic has been quietly impressive. Nice to see her playing well after she had some injuries.

Are they in opposite halves? Haven't really checked the draw at all.

On another note, Petkovic has been quietly impressive. Nice to see her playing well after she had some injuries.

Yeah they are in opposite halves of the draw. Both are in the QF though.

Edit: Come on Bencic!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Hopefully the Dog wins it in two. His incredibly talented and such win would be a huge confidence booster for him.

Yeah man, I'm a fan of his. Hope he doesn't let it get away from him now.

Edit: Looks like he's going to :/

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Kind of surprising on Murray. Was watching earlier and it didn't seem like he was having much trouble.

It was the best I think I've ever seen Anderson play. Wasn't a Murray walkabout or anything, both finished with more winners than errors by a fair margin. Very high quality match.

Top Bottom