• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

5'5" isn't terribly short for a female player. I think the average in the WTA is 5'8". Her serve will never be a weapon, but she could develop the ability to crank her serve if she works at it.

szaromir

Banned
5'5" isn't terribly short for a female player. I think the average in the WTA is 5'8". Her serve will never be a weapon, but she could develop the ability to crank her serve if she works at it.
Well her serve isn't that bad actually, eg. Kerber has much worse. Shame she's pretty bad at the net as she's let Sharapova off the hook in over 5 points thus far.

edit: haha, in the end the set was decided by Sharapova messing up an easy volley

Peru

Not entirely sure what Maria is doing. She was playing her best hardcourt tennis in YEARS at the start of the season. Maybe she's already working towards the clay season.

LuuKyK

Not entirely sure what Maria is doing. She was playing her best hardcourt tennis in YEARS at the start of the season. Maybe she's already working towards the clay season.

Only caught the last part of the second set but yeah, she was terribad yesterday. Not sure whats is going on, her Brisbane + Australian Open combo was great, she was playing incredibly well. Also why is her leg/tight taped?

Peru

A new teen prodigy would be good. I can see US media building up expectations leading up to US Open and witnessing a crushing defeat in 1r.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
MIMIC, I saw your MTF post, and...

1S3AjG7.jpg

...you have to feel sorry for Murray given the other inhabitants of that list. Not a single other one has less than 7 slams!

John Dunbar

correct about everything
just realized how ridiculously lopsided the miami draw is. nadal, murray, berdych and wawrinka on one side while djokovic has nishikori, who's probably not going to even make it that far, and ferrer, raonic and dimitrov. just give him the title.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, remember how Wawrinka was once the third best player in the world? No, me neither.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Almagro is one of those players you feel could be really good if he wasn't such an inveterate choker.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, this Almagro match is absolutely disgusting. Nadal's not even playing well, Almagro just nets the ball every time he gets to a dominant position in a rally.

LuuKyK

Ugh its raining it seems. Ffs. Just because I had time to watch Genie.

Ugh, this Almagro match is absolutely disgusting. Nadal's not even playing well, Almagro just nets the ball every time he gets to a dominant position in a rally.

NID from Almugro. What else did you expect? lol

Hahahaha best gif. Even when she loses she provides us so many gifs.

Ricker

Rain isn't expected to let up until 10pm local time. I bet they postpone everything until tomorrow

EDIT: Scratch that,they changed it,everything tomorrow

Where are you guys watching Streams or something of the WTA...the Sport Channels I have up here in Canada mainly show the ATP and its completly random,besides the big Slams, as to when they show Bouchard let's say...they werent showing her tonight in Canada,instead they have the same Soccer game on Sportsnet 1,2,3,4...

lol,Sharapova looks like that crazy Canadian serial killer from the 90's in that gif...Karla Homolka ;)

They moved Eugenie to a non televised court tomorrow. lol. I hope Nicelescu can pull out the win tomorrow, I fear Serena may double bagel CiCi.

Serena only double bagels players that she intimidates. CiCi may be 15, but she's not intimidated by a woman who has been winning slams since the year she was born.

. She made the draw as a wild card and played Friday on remote Court 9, but she'll be on the stadium court Sunday if she faces Williams, who has won Key Biscayne a record seven times.

Intimidating? Bellis says no.

"We are all in the same tournament, so we are all kind of at this level," she said. "You can't really think about who you're playing. It's just a ball that's coming back on the other side of the court. You just have to go out and not think about that stuff and just play your game. That's what I'm planning to do."

Ricker

What the hell is wrong with Genie... ? :( put up a fight in the second set but eventually lost in 2 straight sets to a qualifier...damn.

szaromir

Banned
Although the match is not aired, it appears Gavrilova is exterminating her next opponent. Contrary to what people suggested here, Sharapova didn't lose to her because she played badly, she lost because Gavrilova played really, really well and it shows today.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Although the match is not aired, it appears Gavrilova is exterminating her next opponent. Contrary to what people suggested here, Sharapova didn't lose to her because she played badly, she lost because Gavrilova played really, really well and it shows today.

Yeah, good on her for backing up the win.

Top Bottom