• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i hope this is just a part of federer's cunning plan to peak at slams. of course australia didn't go too hot.

and watching the isner-nadal tiebreak, they really need to stop being idiots and start using hawk-eye on clay. they already use it for unofficial replays, so what the hell? umpire made the right call this time, but that looking for the mark nonsense is ridiculous.

Nice win for Monfils against Fed. Could be a great QF match against Dimitrov who completely dominated Wawrinka earlier.

wawrinka hit 41 unforced errors and 4 winners. donald young would have dominated him.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Damn day 3 results had me going a bit, good stuff from Monfils and the other underdogs. Gonna check out the Isner Nadal replay

MIMIC

Banned
If you lost 4-6 5-7, which is pretty close, it's not so bad. If you train together you should work on the things he misses during matches. Judging from your post, you're better than him so when you play doubles, you're the team leader, and it should be your responsibility to encourage him and push him to play better. If you let anger get the better of you because he misses a lot, you bring unnecessary tension into his game and yours, and in that situation you sure are not in a good position to win.

It's just a big group of us who randomly pair off against each other. It's basically all in good fun...I was just being bitchy :)

But I totally understand the point about bringing unnecessary tension. I rarely get annoyed during matches, but I was just sooooooooooooo peeved at how many times he managed to miss. I definitely didn't make the situation any better, lol. I usually do encourage my partner when they're missing a lot, but for some reason, I was just not having it that day xD

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If you swapped out Monfil's brain for Simon's, the resultant Frenchenstein could conquer the world.

Lauren Davis is taking the place of Venus Williams in Fed cup. I think the Italians will beat us, but it would be hilarious if we relegated them, considering Italy is the #2 ranked nation in the Fed Cup standings.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
hopefully nadal beats djokovic tomorrow. pretty much the only thing that will make the clay season stirring and maybe sap some steam out of the serb (holy alliteration batman).

Diamond

It's just a big group of us who randomly pair off against each other. It's basically all in good fun...I was just being bitchy :)

But I totally understand the point about bringing unnecessary tension. I rarely get annoyed during matches, but I was just sooooooooooooo peeved at how many times he managed to miss. I definitely didn't make the situation any better, lol. I usually do encourage my partner when they're missing a lot, but for some reason, I was just not having it that day xD

It's definitely very hard to keep focus at all times. I wrote that but I would probably have been pissed too in that kind of situation. :)

Loved that point from Monfils earlier today.
He's on fire in that tournament. What bothers me is that he very rarely manages to keep his level of play up during several weeks, so seeing him in semies in Monte Carlo doesn't necessarily means he'll do well at Roland Garros. Maybe DeWitt (Simon's coach) will help him do just that.

hopefully nadal beats djokovic tomorrow. pretty much the only thing that will make the clay season stirring and maybe sap some steam out of the serb (holy alliteration batman).

After seeing Nadal play today... I doubt he can beat Djokovic. He hasn't completely recovered his clay superpowers yet.

LuuKyK

Genie refused to shake hands with her opponent again during the Fed Cup draw ceremony. Another handshake-gate coming?

kbcp2.gif

Peru

Hingis is playing A-Rad now and it's pretty close and Hingis is giving A-Rad a taste of her own medicine in drop->lobbying style.

szaromir

Banned
Hingis is playing A-Rad now and it's pretty close and Hingis is giving A-Rad a taste of her own medicine in drop->lobbying style.

Hingis had mastered that point pattern to perfection back in the day, Radwanska was never as good with it. Still, an interesting match today, though Aga should have won that first set with a bigger lead IMO.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
This match is atrocious. This has been a terrible tournament, I can't think of a single entertaining match yet.

Bigfoot

nole will lose where it counts, though
I hope so. Djokovic doing the career grand slam weakens what Fed and Nadal did in the history books. The truth is the game is played pretty similar on all surfaces now though since they slowed everything down, so it makes sense so many are winning all slams compared to when Sampras played.

88random

After this match Nadal is the favourite for RG in my book. He will improve by the time RG comes, and I don't think Djokovic can play much better than this.

If Bouchard loses, I hope Dulgheru extends her hand for a handshake and then pulls it back over her head just before Bouchard touches it. I want to see a handshake fakeout

Ricker

lol,yeah,I was there,thought it was funny...Bouchard played like she does lately in the first set,lots of UE but she played a lot better in the second set...I think she is on her way back :p...

Atmosphere was awesome and Abanda played really well so it was a great afternoon nonetheless...I think I will go back tomorrow lol...

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i don't really follow wta that much, so did bouchard have some injury at some point or did she her results tank just because?

Ricker

i don't really follow wta that much, so did bouchard have some injury at some point or did she her results tank just because?

Yeah,after the Australian Open,she changed coach and she got an arm injury...since then,she is struggling,making too many UE and her timing is off,plus some emotionnal problems etc etc...they are trying to figure out the ''just because'' and her coach said that they think they found the ''problem'' this week...time will tell.

Top Bottom