• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
nieminen extended his record to 0-15 against federr. him and ferrer have quite a rivalry going on.

based on this match and monte carlo, i don't think federer will do much this clay season. he should be glad if he just manages to win istanbul, the tournament of the world's desire.

As long as he does better at the FO than he did last year, that's ok with me.

#dead
pg2_e_fistpump_classic01jr_576x1538.jpg

pg2_fistpts2_576.jpg

Ricker

First upset of Madrid on the womens side,Cornet beats Halep...Eugenie playing better it seems,served a nice bagel to Strycova in the first set...not over yet though lol.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Murray busy losing a clay final to torrential rain.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Ladies and gentlemen, the No. 1 seed for Madrid in his finest comedy tiebreak yet.

Tennis...how can you win the first set 6-0,lead the second 3-1 and lose...also she is getting skinnier by the day,makes me sad.
Yeah, she has gotten really lean. I really didn't want to bring it up with her being a woman and all but I think it is an issue. I think she is just doing too much training, diet and maybe her doping regimen too. I don't think it is a model complex. Worried about her though, she is looking over that cliff......

LuuKyK

She had problems in her knees last year before the US Open, she even went through a small surgery from what I heard.

Her game is VERY demanding on the legs as she takes the ball really early and has to bend her knees all the time to get the right timing. Maybe she/her team thought it would be a good idea to lose weight and take off part of the pressure on her knees.

The thing is she lost muscles and she is now very weak and can't make the shots she used to last year. Losing confidence was just a consequence of that imo.

Not sure what she needs to do to get back that form.

Peru

Bouchard just playing with expectations before her Wimbledon '15 final run.

Cornet building up expectations before a 1r FO flame out.

MIMIC

Banned
When I went back to Cleveland, my one of my friends who I haven't seen in a long time invited me to play. He's a member of the Cleveland Racquet Club. It's a super fancy country club. Federer has even been there. >_< lol

I bet my friend was surprised at how good I was ^_^ I beat him 6-2, 7-9, 6-4 (we obviously played out the 2nd set). I served for the 2nd set and had a match point but choked badly. I think it was the first time I ever choked before, lol

And Sunday, I played another one of my friends. Had had this story about how he had this Achilles injury. I didn't listen to it for one second (I once made the mistake of believing one of my opponent's claims of being injured...NEVER AGAIN).

And of course, he was running like a damn jack rabbit, chasing down impossible drop shots. He was moving better than most ordinary people, let alone someone hampered with an alleged injury. Anyway, I bet him 6-1, 6-4, The 2nd set was a mess; there were like 6 breaks -_____-

Niraj

And Sunday, I played another one of my friends. Had had this story about how he had this Achilles injury. I didn't listen to it for one second (I once made the mistake of believing one of my opponent's claims of being injured...NEVER AGAIN).

And of course, he was running like a damn jack rabbit, chasing down impossible drop shots. He was moving better than most ordinary people, let alone someone hampered with an alleged injury. Anyway, I bet him 6-1, 6-4, The 2nd set was a mess; there were like 6 breaks -_____-

Is your friend Rafael Nadal? Never knew that you two were so close.

Niraj

Pretty close match though. It'll be good when she gets her ranking up, we need matches like that later on in tourneys

Was Azarenka really up 40-0 serving for the match when she hit 3 consecutive double faults? wow there's no excuse for that.

And I'm glad she's ranked in the top 32 because she'll at least be seeded at the French.

LuuKyK

Was Azarenka really up 40-0 serving for the match when she hit 3 consecutive double faults? wow there's no excuse for that.

And I'm glad she's ranked in the top 32 because she'll at least be seeded at the French.

She was 5-1 in the first set TB and made DFs and UEs to gift it to Serena.

Than was up 6-5 40-0, Serena hit a winner, Vika hit an UE, in the last MP she hit a serve close to the line and kept arguing thinking it was an ace, and then doublefaulted 3 times in a row.

L.O.L

Milchmann

She was 5-1 in the first set TB and made DFs and UEs to gift it to Serena.

Than was up 6-5 40-0, Serena hit a winner, Vika hit an UE, in the last MP she hit a serve close to the line and kept arguing thinking it was an ace, and then doublefaulted 3 times in a row.

L.O.L

She didn't argue, just let the umpire inspect the ball mark.

Niraj

Great start from Roger...lol

Edit: I don't think Kyrgios getting upset is going to help him out at all :/

Top Bottom