• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, always professional. Only person I can think of who has a bad word to say about him is Nadal :p

I mean, Nadal would, Bernardes is one of the few umpires to call him on his bullshit 35s between points routine. ;p

EDIT: god god dolgopolov crushing it

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I mean, Nadal would, Bernardes is one of the few umpires to call him on his bullshit 35s between points routine. ;p

I know, Nadal blackballed him earlier this year because of that lol

Hell of a point there. And hell of a gift by Djokovic

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If Dolgopolov doesn't choke, I will cheer for him in the final over Murray
Federer

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Well, he didn't take it but it wasn't really a choke, Djokovic played pretty well.

Really hope this set stays competitive and Djokovic doesn't run away with it.

No, that part was fine :p

XAZNZ0x.jpg

Niraj

it wasn't just that, he had beef with him because of other stuff too, like not letting Rafa go to the locker room to change his shorts

I consider that part of the same thing (assuming you're talking about the time he had his shorts on backwards), since I think he either gave him a time violation, or said that he would give him one had he done so. That's not getting into the fact that a grown man apparently couldn't put his shorts on the right way the first time.

sam777

What injury does Djokovic have that the commentators were referring to? Doesn't seem to me that he's moving bad or anything.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
What injury does Djokovic have that the commentators were referring to? Doesn't seem to me that he's moving bad or anything.

I think he did something to his shoulder earlier and he pulled a few shots short because of it, but it looks like it's gone.

Niraj

ESPN 3 commentators were saying he had some stomach issue, but yeah, I thought it was that recurring arm issue he was talking about. Stomach thing sounded odd.

Well, this is going to be over quickly now :(

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope Dolgo can come back and pull this off. Him having seeding for the US Open would be so good. :(

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Djokovic's serve is just so good these days. The consistency is incredible. Not really a bot per se but just... absolutely dependable. Doesn't break down, ever, gives nothing away free. Honestly, I think it's like the main difference between him and Murray these days - if you swapped their serves I'd put good money down you'd swap their rankings.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Dolgopolov putting everything in the net now. This match is basically over.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I genuinely don't understand how the Big 4 can play so badly sometimes and still win, it is absolutely baffling.

I genuinely don't understand how the Big 4 can play so badly sometimes and still win, it is absolutely baffling.

it's why they're the big 4, really. i mean we all get on at Murray for his consistency but really it's utterly fantastic compared to everyone else on tour.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Well, we all knew if Djokovic won the second set this would happen.

It's weird because Djokovic doesn't raise his game, just all of his opponents just totally disintegrate by themselves if he manages to edge it out to a decider.

well that's that.

hoping for a miracle here from Murray but the way he's been playing this week and him admitting he's knackered I just can't see him having much chance at all here. Hopefully he makes a fist of it though.

Niraj

It's weird because Djokovic doesn't raise his game, just all of his opponents just totally disintegrate by themselves if he manages to edge it out to a decider.

Yeah, Djokovic was playing a little better by the third set (he was pretty bad in the first set), but Dolgopolov was playing way worse. Sucks, but I think this is the second or third time their matches have gone the exact same way. At least he didn't get bageled this time I guess :/

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Djokovic's W-UE excluding double faults and aces was 4-36 for the match.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
huh, random piece of trivia from the commentators: this is the only Master's event where Federer has ever beaten Murray. Is that definitely true?

EDIT: wow, I checked and its true!

Top Bottom