• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
cincinatti has such a bad camera angle for a main court - looks like everything is taking place on court 9 at wimbledon.

Honestly, I actually kinda like it. You really appreciate the difference between flat and looped shots in a way you can't when the camera is set at a high angle.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
The only camera angle I hate is when they go low behind one player and you can't see a goddamn thing on the other side. ESPN loves that one.

Nice, early break. Murray is lucky it isn't two.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Crazy point there, didn't even realize Murray got his racquet on that last one

Edit: Pretty straightforward set there.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly? I think this might actually be closer than I was expecting. Murray was definitely playing better and better as the first set went on.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
lol Murray doing topspin forehands to Fed's backhand

someone read the instruction manual

omg that second serve dropped so short it was almost a dropshot and murray passed federer from it

murray what r u doing

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Murray's racquet string snaps in mid-play, that's really unfortunate.

EDIT: and it lets Federer get to a break point. That's just dreadful.

saved with an unreturnable and two aces, nice.

EDIT: hawkeye'd out of the ace :(

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Promising start. 6 more of those, please.

EDIT: Not from you, Federer.

EDIT: Yup, here we go.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, I'm totally fine with that loss. That was Murray having played more matches than anyone else on tour this year, having played two consecutive weeks, and having spent four hours more on court than Federer, and it was pretty competitive. He should roast him at the US Open if they meet. Just hope Djokovic wins to deny Federer the #2 seed.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Honestly, I'm totally fine with that loss. That was Murray having played more matches than anyone else on tour this year, having played two consecutive weeks, and having spent four hours more on court than Federer, and it was pretty competitive. He should roast him at the US Open if they meet. Just hope Djokovic wins to deny Federer the #2 seed.

hhehehe

Certainly a thousand times better than the loss he should have had against Dimitrov. Pretty confident that Murray can at least reach the SFs at the USO, which would complete his run to the last four of all the Slams this year and be a good achievement for the year in addition to year-end #2. Obviously nothing like 2012 & 2013, but not bad for his first full year post-back surgery.

Federer might be physically lesser than he once was, but his anticipation and tennis brain have surely never been better. He attacks with merciless efficiency and uses all sorts of chips, angles and slices to open the court and catch his opponents off guard. If it wasn't for Djokovic (and Murray in the Olympics)...

Smellycat

Great match from the maestro. Federer played great from the baseline but he needs to raise his serving percentage for the final.

so 2.5 years and counting since Murray last defeated Federer.

It is amazing how Federer has turned this rivalry around. He was down 2-6 at one in point in 2009

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I hate that Roger is always so passive on break points, particularly against Nadal and Djokovic.

For such a good player, he's surprisingly mentally weak. His career BP conversion rate always shocks me.

szaromir

Banned
I think Djokovic was just playing those too well. Those were some good serves.
On 2 of them, yes. The third he could attack, but sent the ball into middle of the court.

edit: he is playing much sharper than Djokovic though, hopefully no brainfarts today

Top Bottom