• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

oti

Banned
does Djoker not have enough money? he needs to bet against himself and get bageled?

Littlefingernod.gif

Rainy Dog

And Goffin now 2 breaks up the second, that's 9 games in a row.

Absolutely pummeling Berdshit. Without doubt the finest performance I've seen from anyone this year.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Uhhhh why

ROME (AP) The gourmet food Serena Williams ordered off the hotel room-service menu for dogs looked good enough for her to eat. So the top-ranked tennis player sampled it, and later got sick.

Williams posted a video Wednesday on Snapchat showing the salmon and rice dish she ordered for her Yorkshire Terrier at their hotel during the Italian Open.

Noting how good it looked, she tells the camera: ''I ate a spoonful. Don't judge me!''

Williams says the bite tasted weird, ''a little bit like a house-cleaner thing,'' but she ate it anyway.

She says within two hours, she had to run to the bathroom. She recovered in time to beat fellow American Christina McHale 7-6 (7), 6-1 in the third round Thursday.

The dog, Chip, appeared fine watching Williams from her player's box.

Williams says of the doggy menu: ''I don't think it's consumable for humans. They should have wrote that!''

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2016...ams-eats-dog-food-instantly-regrets-it/58454/

so Bellucci had his 15 minutes of fame
now Djoker is gonna destroy Rafa tomorrow, isn't he?

Probably. Still think Rafa's been getting way too nervous on the big points, missing a ton of second serve returns against Murray in Madrid and Kyrgios today.

Looking forward to Murray v Goffin as a good undercard match - their Davis Cup final was played at a very high standard and Goffin is having the year of his life. So too Nishikori, who hasn't lost to anyone not named Djokovic, Nadal or Murray since Tomic beat him in Brisbane, against Dominic Thiem, fresh off his first victory over Federer, and chasing his first ever Masters SF. Nishikori is 4th in the race, Thiem 6th (i.e. the ranking points which count towards participation in the Tour Finals in London).

Rome is so much more enjoyable to watch than Madrid. Great attendance, beautiful setting and well designed stadia matter so much in tennis.

Tomic defending his title in Mexico instead of playing for Australia at the Olympics. Really mate? Again you're a total twat with zero respect for the investment Tennis Australia put into you throughout the years.

Also his place of residence is the tax haven Monaco, nice to know you're all about the money and personal gain in all areas of your life without giving anything back. I hope Hewitt is tearing him a new ass.

Diamond

The things that could have been if Nishikori and Goffin had good serves.

I think 5'8, 5'9 is too little to have a serve that'd give a continuous advantage over top 50 players. I'd be curious to see if people have counter-examples but at one point, when every athlete is close to his physical limits, the height is a big factor, and unfortunately no training can change that.

Diamond

Del Potro out of Roland Garros

year of DelPo postponed again?

He said he prefers to take it slow and have a complete grass season instead of playing one tournament every three/four weeks.

I read that Federer could choose to miss Roland Garros too if his back condition doesn't improve in the next 2 weeks.

szaromir

Banned
I think 5'8, 5'9 is too little to have a serve that'd give a continuous advantage over top 50 players. I'd be curious to see if people have counter-examples but at one point, when every athlete is close to his physical limits, the height is a big factor, and unfortunately no training can change that.

Stanimal is only an inch taller than Goffin and has a booming serve. Kohlschreiber is same height as Nishikori and shorter than Goffin and has much better serve than either.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
this is around where djokovic will start destroying nadal's serve.

edit: nadal is rubbish with game points. what a time to be alive.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
If he played the game points like those first two points he'd be in a third set :p

It's nuts how he just absorbs those Nadal shots. That probably would have been enough for most players.

Ricker

Well there you go,Djoko does it again...and he is giving his heart away now at the 4 corners lol,what a number...

And again,Genie,WTF...after a great win against Kerber,she completly falls apart last night against Strycova,it was a sad thing to watch.

szaromir

Banned
Pathetic choking by Nadal in both sets. Must be super ironic considering how many matches he's won over his career playing as defensive as Djokovic did in this match.

Diamond

Stanimal is only an inch taller than Goffin and has a booming serve. Kohlschreiber is same height as Nishikori and shorter than Goffin and has much better serve than either.

Stan is a beast though, he has a stronger upper body than Goffin and Kei, and even then I'd say he doesn't have the most consistent serve out there. He's a spectacular server when it's on, but his 1st serve% stats aren't the best.
A mutated Goffin with the body of Wawrinka wouldn't probably have the same playstyle he has right now anyway (even if everything's possible).

Kohlschreiber, I'll take your word for it, didn't saw him play enough to have an opinion. He's just a rank ahead of Kei in the ATP serve rankings. I mean I don't know if Nishikori with the serve of Kohlschreiber would be much higher in the world rankings. Goffin, maybe.

Regarding the Nadal/Nole match, I think, despite of the result, that Rafa is much closer than last year. Djokovic will have a lot of pressure at Roland Garros so it could be a danger for him. He destroyed a racket again today.

BowieZ

Banned
Tomic defending his title in Mexico instead of playing for Australia at the Olympics. Really mate? Again you're a total twat with zero respect for the investment Tennis Australia put into you throughout the years.

Also his place of residence is the tax haven Monaco, nice to know you're all about the money and personal gain in all areas of your life without giving anything back. I hope Hewitt is tearing him a new ass.
Not to defend the awful Tomic, but don't many players have tax haven residences? I'm pretty sure Hewitt even lives/lived in one.

Top Bottom