• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

I just watched a replay of that match with my family. They were all shocked at how unsportsmanlike Dimitrov was lol. I had to explain to them how code violations escalated, and in the last game my dad predicted, correctly, that Dimitrov would lose the match via code violation.

Now that is funny. It's McEnroe levels of rage to bust that many racquets.

EDIT: My brain fart of rackets vs racquets is also LOL worthy.

And here is me half-thinking Tomic had turned over a new leaf last year and refocused on his tennis...he tanked match point by returning with his racquet handle in Madrid against Fognini. How you lose mate is just as important as how you win.

fognini%20return.vadapt.664.high.53.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THNlq1NQEk0

This tweet sums it up nicely:
NP1plfq.gif

Ricker

And here is me half-thinking Tomic had turned over a new leaf last year and refocused on his tennis...he tanked match point by returning with his racquet handle in Madrid against Fognini. How you lose mate is just as important as how you win.

fognini%20return.vadapt.664.high.53.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THNlq1NQEk0

This tweet sums it up nicely:
NP1plfq.gif

They took the YouTube down but I dont get it...was he pissed at an umpire/line judge call or something...? why do this at such a crucial time in the match lol...

Oh and on the women side, 4 Romanians in the quarter finals in Madrid,including the surprising Patricia Maria Tig.

LuuKyK

Out of all the QFs Halep is the only seeded player (6). What a mess the WTA is without Serena and Maria.

Hopefully Serena stops only playing slams and twerking to beyonce on her freetime and starts giving a fuck about tennis again. Also Maria is so into being a business-woman right now with her brands, music festivals and gala events, by the time her ban is up she will probably have forgotten how to play tennis. :lol (half kidding as she posts a thousand videos training on her instagram but still).

They took the YouTube down but I dont get it...was he pissed at an umpire/line judge call or something...? why do this at such a crucial time in the match lol...

Oh and on the women side, 4 Romanians in the quarter finals in Madrid,including the surprising Patricia Maria Tig.

Wow thats impressive. Chirico is a qualifier into the Quarters too. Hopefully she can take out Ms. I'm good from behind Gavrilova.

ShyGuy

Both are terrible.

Yeah this.

I can't stand Tomic and have been annoyed by him for years. Kyrgios, initially I supported especially after I saw him play live at the Australian Open till something like 2am or whatever it was. And then he went to shit too.

Oh well.

But Tomic's latest indiscretion is the worst act of sportsmanship I've ever seen and he is an embarrassment to Australia

szaromir

Banned
Murray should be sentenced into prison for his inability to deal with Wafa's moonballs. So frustrating to watch.
edit: he did break for the set. good

Tomic pulling out sick in the first set. Fuck mate get some heart! I love Djoker's comment of "time to get serious Tomic", this from a hitting partner on the tour and the world number one.

Ana Ivanovic continues to struggle on clay this year. To make matters worse, rumors are spreading that she may be pregnant. Poor lady

meanwhile Federer won his first match back today

szaromir

Banned
6-all in the first set of the Nadal-Kyrgios encounter and Nadal has hit an astounding amount of winners (1).

edit: fantastic tiebreak by Kyrgios.

Rainy Dog

Goffin to slealth win the French out of nowhere.

Absolutely destoying Berdych here. Incredible tennis.

EDIT: And there it is. First set bagel.

szaromir

Banned
It seems that the 2010-2015 era, where there is the big 4 and Ferrer/Berdych serving as gatekeepers between them and everyone else is gone now.

Top Bottom